BoltThrower v0.36

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
BoltThrower v0.36
Wii Homebrew Update
BoltThrowerIcon.png

BoltThrower, the space shmup game for the Wii, made by Titmouse, has been updated to version 0.36. See the change log for what's new in this release, and visit the project page linked below for more information about this homebrew.

QUOTE(Change Log 03/18/11) said:
  • Added Radar - showing enemies, mines, missiles & satellites
  • Added Menu, Intro & Credits screen
  • Intro screen logo made from mines (scanned from tinylogo.tga), these mines start of slow then spurt off after the crafts.
  • Added Music - 'Space Debris' Amiga tracker module, plays while in the menu screens
  • Add Trails to enemy crafts
  • Changed trails for missiles and mines
  • Changed to way collisions work - ship to ship collisions now destroy enemy crafts
  • Change the way the 'you are dead' screen looks
  • Added 'bye' screen
  • Fixed zero bugs "which was nice" - I've noticed the looped engine sound plays on into the menus if you died with thrust burning, I'll fix that on next release, at the moment its a feature ;)
  • Added Hardware Drawlist for 3D objects - so pre-build objects can be spat out without the need of the main CPU
  • Increased the resolution of Wiimote to help pointer travel off screen and still be active around the edges
  • Changed the look of some resource graphics - mainly explosions which also double up as stars and exhaust trails
  • Optimised the mines - I was creating and displaying a new mine trail every frame, requiring about 60 objects plus all the overheads that go with it.
  • Optimised the dispay code for most objects.
  • Added a lower detail moon with some rocks spinnig in orbit
  • Improved the lighting on 3D objects
  • Added ingame backdrop far into the Z plane so it scrolls slowly, reduced from 1024 width at the last minute to 800 pixels so it fits the 2MB upload limmit - I'm just far to lazy to look for somewhere else to upload, plus its a challenge making a game fit into 2MB ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1