Gaming Bob's New Stand

xCuteBunnyx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Poor dude. Locking himself in his room isnt going to work. Its not like Nintendo would care if some dude locks himself in his room. He has to go out and talk talk talk.

Banger

Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
xCuteBunnyx said:
Poor dude. Locking himself in his room isnt going to work. Its not like Nintendo would care if some dude locks himself in his room. He has to go out and talk talk talk.

If this gets the right amount of news coverage him doing this could get him exactly what he wants or at least a developer that will sign him.

Pedobear

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cool, i saw him walking around
smile.gif

the games pretty mofo'in cool. If it came out, i'd buy it.

MuppetInvasion

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Not only did he make that game without a shirt, He didn't wear pants either! I think?

I think nintendo should trick him with a complex plan that ends in him being rick'rolled.

Penguin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
JDandy said:
Oh lord why did I do this. I looked at his videos.
BOB'S GAME. The best and greatest game ever made by one person!!!
BOB'S GAME. I want to have it published! So people can buy it!
BOB'S GAME. There was an article about me in Edge Magazine. Someone please send me a copy! (his actual words)

He has been a bit full-of-himself, I found that as well... But Nintendo is acting so slowly about his request, and it is a dream for almost everyone to create their own game, and he self-taught himself all of it. He didn't learn how to make sprites, digital music, and stuff like that in school. Google can be one of our best buddies
laugh.gif

Datanotfound

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If Bob's Game is as great as he makes it out to be. Why doesn't he use it as a resume of sorts and show it to the big developers. Maybe one will like his work and he can actually be hired =p

Priss

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Penguin said:
He didn't learn how to make sprites, digital music, and stuff like that in school. Google can be one of our best buddies
laugh.gif

I always wondered why people took Graphics Design in college...
wtf.gif

There are more in-depth tutorials that you can plow through (on the web with help of google) in a weeks time, that will never be covered in your 2 year diploma
blink.gif

People under estimate the power of Google... it's not a billion $$ search engine for no reason...
QUOTEIf Bob's Game is as great as he makes it out to be. Why doesn't he use it as a resume of sorts and show it to the big developers. Maybe one will like his work and he can actually be hired =p
Who in their right mind would hire someone who throws a temper tantrum when he doesn't get his way?

Trippy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is pretty funny and pathetic.
Way to show em Bob, when things don't go your way, lock yourself in your room.

Kawo

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
mmmmmmmmmmm............................he can't fap until the answer from nintendo right?

Or he can?

MY EYES!!!!!!!!!! MYEYES!!!!!!!!!!!

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Priss said:
Who in their right mind would hire someone who throws a temper tantrum when he doesn't get his way?
Exactly.
This was really stupid for Bob to do.
Noone wants a deal with a person like this.
And if I were a boss of a company, I would do research, find this about him, and then tell him goodbye.

DokiDoki98

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well. I support ya, I emailed him for the demo, and no word.....YET!!!!!

NEW POST
QUOTE said:
I don't have a problem with having a publisher, that's not the issue. I need to become a licensed developer to have a licensed game with licensed tools.
I'm not expecting Nintendo themselves to publish my game, as they aren't even a publisher for third party titles.
All I'm asking from them is that they allow me to purchase a DVD with the software I need to get my game into retail shrinkwrap.
There is no cost to them whatsoever- in fact they would be profiting from the several thousand dollars the SDK costs.

Nintendo has replied to me in regards to my developer application, but they have not granted me a decision as the agreement states.
I'm a bit frustrated with the process- Why is my development studio (Robert Pelloni LC) with a full, complete, polished
high quality title being treated any differently than the hundreds of studios putting out "Fluffy Bunny's Crappy Movie Franchise Platformer 16?"

The issue is something else entirely. Someone at Nintendo doesn't like the idea of supporting this project, because it blurs the line between homebrew and commercial.
That's a new trend entirely, and it's a trend that's changing the game industry from the way it's been from the start.
It's always been about locking up the information and maintaining strict agreements between massive publishers to keep the license money flowing for old franchises- not new ideas.
In the past, if you wanted to make games you got a job for EA- and worked on drawing a part of a shoe. In my case, that wasn't good enough. I wanted to make the whole thing, so I did.
Only recently has there been any movement to give independent developers a chance, and that's where all the innovation comes from.
So where do I fit in? I haven't made a WiiWare title, I've made a DS one. WiiWare didn't exist when I started.

Maybe there simply isn't any standard procedure or paperwork for licensing a single person.
A project like this has never really been tried before and something like this has never happened- do they even know what to do?
It's a special case- an industry first- and it takes someone in the company taking extra initiative.
In other words, they need some convincing. Can I fly there and negotiate? I asked that already. They don't know.
The only real tools I have on my side are dedication and determination, so I'm using those. This is a sort of personal challenge to myself, and I'm quite serious about it.
I plan on staying in here up to 100 days or more, so we'll see where it goes. The lease on my office might have to be extended. ;}

There have been petitions from fans towards Nintendo in the past that have fallen on deaf ears, such as the Mother 3 campaign.
Knowing this, I realized I had to do something that hadn't been tried before. I'm trying to maintain a professional attitude about my stand, so I'm not putting myself into physical harm... yet. ;}
That isn't to say that solitary confinement is pleasant. I'm working 16 hour days with no human contact. Usually they reserve that for unruly prisoners, not game developers.
If I'm not mad yet, I will be! (Of course, that'll only make the sequel better.. ;} )

My site gets several thousand viewers a day, including many high-profile gaming news outlets, magazines, blogs, and even Nintendo employees.
They're definitely aware of what I'm doing, and they're probably hoping that it'll blow over or that I'll give up. I won't, of course.
The longer this goes on, the more interesting it becomes.

I'll see you there on day 100, REGGIE!

Hmmmmm, no internet ORLY

100 DAYS!!!!

EDIT: found the Nitro SDK on a warez site

^.^ Mr. Pelloni hath never herd 'o' torrents

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.