renin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello.
I dropped a cup of coffee on my 3DS XL, everything was fine but the buttons, they were a little bit sticky so I opened it up and cleaned it, but I accidentally twisted the ribbon cable from the touch screen(I tought it was gonna be fine), when I turned it on the blue light turned on and the screen didn't turn on for 3-5 seconds and the blue light went off. I'm gonna list every input that I tried to turn it on with and without the sd card.(I have a jailbroken 3DS)

-Only the power button: Blue light on and screen off for 3-5 seconds (default)

-Recovery Mode(Hold power button for a long while): The blue light would stay on for as long as I hold the button

-Select + Power: Blue LED stays on for 3-5 seconds and the top screen turns on showing no image just for a moment

-Start + Power : default

-L + R +Dpad UP + Power : default

Having the sd card doesn't change anything.
I think it's not the twisted ribbon cable beacuse my friend has a 3DS with a broken bottom screen and the console still turns on.
I tried connecting and disconnecting the wi-fi board and nothing changed.

Pls Help

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It's most likely the ribbon cable, the 3DS will not boot if one of the screens is not connected properly. The screen in your friend's 3DS may look broken to the eye, but the electronics inside of it and the screen's cable still work well enough to appear as a working screen to the 3DS. The wireless board is a very important component, make sure you keep that properly connected as well.

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, yes