Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to add/enable an option such as currently exists for the open forum, where at the users opt-in, he/she automatically receives notifications on replies and likes to posts that they have made/blogs they have created?

Unless I am missing something, I don't believe there is currently any notification system for the blogs at all, which makes me a little sad, because on the occasion I make one, I often miss replies to it by a few weeks because I forget about the blog.

Edit - Oh god, how have I never seen that option before. Reporting for lock.

Edit 2 - I need to look more carefully. Blog notifications exist, but an auto-follow option does not.

Edit 3 - Also, did the background for the News Feed on the front page change for Dark Theme users, or am I just going crazy?

Reactions: 1 person

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Also yeah, the background for the front page news changed for the Dark Theme. They're darker now, it seems.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I thought it was just me.

Also in general I just want the old Blogs layout back, where it was basically a separate sub-forum than a totally separate feature. I just liked it more.
They do feel a little too separate now.

I will have to echo that- I will occasionally wander into forums and sections to make sure I did not miss something (titles people- make it a good one) but 99% or more of my GBAtemping is "View New Content" of which blogs are no longer a part of, this means I neglect it as hard as I do the Ask! section. A pity as there are some interesting blogs and people do use it as a crude CMS for interesting things.

Again I am not the site coder (something for people that like GBAtemp to keep working to be ever thankful for) but I am not quite sure how that would reconcile with the private blogs thing.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I dunno man. While I think the Ask section is a really good idea, I hardy visit it anymore, because it feels so cold and isolated, far away from the "warm" community. Also it has a very bad SEO. I never got Google results of Ask, not even once.

I always thought the old blog layout was something that defined gbatemp, a special thing exclusively for gbatemp. Afterall it was custom coded I think. Since the blog is a IPS software I'm pretty sure you can enable notifications for it if you code it yourself. I've found this topic from this march, but apparently it was ignored by the IPS management: http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/358353-suggestion-notifications-on-blog-comments/

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
One of my main concerns with ASK! is that the concept lends itself to troubleshooting (people want to ask about problems there), but the post format restricts help. No easy multi-quote, encouraging only one link, etc... it's harder to provide the in-depth answers and links and images and such that are often required when troubleshooting problems.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :blink: