Homebrew Blocking browserhax update message

Pandaxclone2

Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Wait, so is the method in the OP confirmed to work if the requirements are in order, or no? My friend fits the requirements and would like to get homebrew, but I'd like to have full confirmation it'll work before I tell him. I'd rather not take the chance of it not working and him being permanently stuck with the nag.

As long as your friend hasn't triggered the nag already, he should be fine. What firmware version is he on though? Because if it's 10.2, browserhax won't work no matter what.

godslam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, this is great news. I got the N3DS method to work on that yesterday and my O3DS has been off for a couple months, so I can try this next.

Matthew Doyle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, the nag just won't happen. Ever. I can leave it on as long as I want. And I just remembered-I had my friend try it out as well, on his O3DS. He wasn't hosting a server so he couldn't do anything, but the update nag never triggered on the browser. This is fishy.

EDIT: Just did more testing. Invalid DNS will say the web browser can't be used at this time after you leave it on for around a minute or two. Using the DNS posted in this thread will say it immediately. So, yeah, solution: host a local server hosting the exploit.

Even hosting a local server from my phone gave me the same message. I really don't understand why.

nallar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just to note: this hasn't been confirmed to work, had one person say it doesn't work so far. I don't understand why, but that doesn't help. :( Going to sleep now (5AM), hopefully someone else gets something working.

liljon042

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this really how it's handled on O3DS? On my N3DS I've gotten it to stop the nag by putting an invalid DNS in both slots and then connecting to a local server. It comes back once the DNS is fixed, of course, but still.
Can you go into detail what you mean by local server? I wanna try this on O3DS and report my findings

CyberTails

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I appreciate this as it DOES work and I wanted it so that I can have Custom Themes again

EDIT: Okay so after I close an app with BrowserHax, It gets stuck in a black screen

Last edited by CyberTails,

nallar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I appreciate this as it DOES work and I wanted it so that I can have Custom Themes again

EDIT: Okay so after I close an app with BrowserHax, It gets stuck in a black screen
I recommend keeping themehax installed, as it's not yet known how reliable this method is.

edit: grammar is hard. especially at 6AM :P

Last edited by nallar,

liljon042

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then what would work with o3DS systems?
Ninjhax (obviously) homemenuhax, themehax, and ironhax. Those last 3 are all second degree -hax, making you need an entry hax first to install them. So as of right now, either wait, update to 10.2 and use your 3ds like normal, or get cubic ninja.

CyberTails

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ninjhax (obviously) homemenuhax, themehax, and ironhax. Those last 3 are all second degree -hax, making you need an entry hax first to install them. So as of right now, either wait, update to 10.2 and use your 3ds like normal, or get cubic ninja.
I'm getting the offline Themehax Installer as I'll type and then update the payload :)

Ty for the tip though

liljon042

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting the offline Themehax Installer as I'll type and then update the payload :)

Ty for the tip though
NP. I just wish there was some way to get browserhax working on 10.1... Now I'm thinking about just updating to 10.2 and getting cubic ninja for Christmas lmao

CyberTails

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NP. I just wish there was some way to get browserhax working on 10.1... Now I'm thinking about just updating to 10.2 and getting cubic ninja for Christmas lmao
Okie Dokie, I just wished that OoT3D worked with 2.5 as OoT is the only Zelda game I actually like (never played the original and Zelda II left a bad taste in my mouth) :(

liljon042

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okie Dokie, I just wished that OoT3D worked with 2.5 as OoT is the only Zelda game I actually like (never played the original and Zelda II left a bad taste in my mouth) :(
You should try Twilight Princess, best one imo. But back on topic, yeah, it sucks that 2.5 doesn't work for whatever reason. I'm assuming it's the case because of the save data. I might look into the save data and see if any kind of hex editing will work

d4mation

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  1. a 3DS which you have not yet seen the nag message, but have opened the browser at least once in the past before nintendo enabled the update nag.
    Opening the browser and seeing the update nag once stores it to savedata and blocks it PERMANENTLY.

If it is stored in some kind of save data, shouldn't we be able to wipe it? Provided we already have an alternative Homebrew access point, of course. I realize Browserhax tends to be a primary/initial access point for most people.

Edit: Formatting quirk.

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can we delete the save data of the browser?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is this really how it's handled on O3DS? On my N3DS I've gotten it to stop the nag by putting an invalid DNS in both slots and then connecting to a local server. It comes back once the DNS is fixed, of course, but still.
How. I must be the poketard. I tried doing that on my N3DS and it kept showing the damn nag.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o