Homebrew Blocking browserhax update message

nallar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can we delete the save data of the browser?
If it is stored in some kind of save data, shouldn't we be able to wipe it? Provided we already have an alternative Homebrew access point, of course. I realize Browserhax tends to be a primary/initial access point for most people.

Edit: Formatting quirk.
Yes, you can mess with the browser save data. You'll need to already have another exploit to do so.

Last edited by nallar,

Pandaxclone2

Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Ninjhax (obviously) homemenuhax, themehax, and ironhax. Those last 3 are all second degree -hax, making you need an entry hax first to install them. So as of right now, either wait, update to 10.2 and use your 3ds like normal, or get cubic ninja.

Menuhax is Themehax so only 3 usable hax with 2.5

Woody8275

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
this does not block the update message for old3ds above 9.8 with the dns and my systems had not seen the message before

nallar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
this does not block the update message for old3ds above 9.8 with the dns and my systems had not seen the message before
Which message was it? Can't use the browser on this network, or update required?

Had you used the browser in the past on 9.9? If it never successfully checked with Nintendo in the past, this won't work :(

Woody8275

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Which message was it? Can't use the browser on this network, or update required?

Had you used the browser in the past on 9.9? If it never successfully checked with Nintendo in the past, this won't work :(
i did the dns thing and it was used before and it never had the update message the i got the update message dns blocking did not work

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I was wondering if smashbroshax works with old3ds

N0n@me

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i did the dns thing and it was used before and it never had the update message the i got the update message dns blocking did not work

I was wondering if smashbroshax works with old3ds
SmashHax only works with n3ds atm.

Woody8275

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I dont really know. Im just stating what it says on yellows8 github.
is it because of this
This will not work on 3DS systems where config-mem UNITINFO(http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Configuration_Memory) is clear for dev-unit, unless you manually adjust the COMMID values in the Makefile.

thing is i really need a old3ds entrypoint now but there is only cubic ninja atm

N0n@me

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No Im talking about this
"This can be used with the homebrew-launcher otherapp payload. However, doing so is New3DS-only, at the time of writing(supporting Old3DS with hb-launcher from this would require major changes)."

is it because of this
This will not work on 3DS systems where config-mem UNITINFO(http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Configuration_Memory) is clear for dev-unit, unless you manually adjust the COMMID values in the Makefile.

thing is i really need a old3ds entrypoint now but there is only cubic ninja atm
You can use oot if you have the legend of zelda Oot + save dongle / access to another 3ds with homebrew.

Woody8275

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No Im talking about this
"This can be used with the homebrew-launcher otherapp payload. However, doing so is New3DS-only, at the time of writing(supporting Old3DS with hb-launcher from this would require major changes)."
Is there any chance yellow8 or smea will make this support old3ds since it only has one primary entrypoint

N0n@me

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any chance yellow8 or smea will make this support old3ds since it only has one primary entrypoint
Who knows. They might have another entry point up their sleeves. But smashhax is more of a proof of concept right now for yellow8 so I don't think yellows8 is in any hurry to do any major rework for this.

Woody8275

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No Im talking about this

You can use oot if you have the legend of zelda Oot + save dongle / access to another 3ds with homebrew.
don't have oot3d only link between worlds and another 3ds with themehax but my freinds 3ds has no hax

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F