Blizzard’s Next-Gen MMO Codenamed “Titan”

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
After a leaked doc from Blizzard outlined the company’s future launch plans, a certain part of the document seemed to hint at an unknown project revealed only as “Titan”. Now, we can actually confirm that “Titan” is the codename for Blizzard’s next MMO.

In a video interview with Destructoid, Blizzard Senior VP Frank Pearce fessed up to “Titan”, admitting that it was the codename for Blizzard’s next MMO project, their second after the phenomenon that is World of Warcraft. No real info on “Titan” is known at this point, other than that the game is not set to be a sequel to World of Warcraft.

However, don’t start weaning yourself off of WoW just yet, Azerotheans, as the game is still not set to be “officially” revealed until 2012 at the soonest.

Sauce

great just what we need another WOW clone

Zantheo

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
"Another WOW clone"?

You're serious?

Can I get permission to hit Bladexdsl with a shovel? Please?

Cause I think that statement should be taken out and shot. Several times. With a rocket launcher.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Another WoW clone? Blizzard fucking made WoW, and even so, no information has been announced about it. I don't like WoW, and I'm not defending it, but you seriously need to stop spewing so much shit out of your mouth.

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
Zantheo said:
"Another WOW clone"?

You're serious?

Can I get permission to hit Bladexdsl with a shovel? Please?

Cause I think that statement should be taken out and shot. Several times. With a rocket launcher.
Dude don't let him get to you he's just not a good poster and he's not going away.

Blizzard has in the past theorized about other possible games to adapt to MMO, such as FPS or RTS. Hoping too much is a bad idea of course but Blizzard wouldn't role something new out if it didn't have a significant difference over the previous titles. That don't want to 'cannibalize' their market segments.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Zantheo said:
"Another WOW clone"?

You're serious?
yes except this time blizzard are making the clone of themselves
laugh.gif

Zantheo

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Pong was the first MMO anyway.

On-topic: Blizzard already have their big, fat cash cow wealthy fed, and I don't see any reason to give any information on the new MMO just yet. Especially with the recent launch of Cataclysm.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still find WoW to be an inferior MMO. It's kinda like CoD. It's not really good but you keep playing it because it's addictive as all hell. Then you find you've been wasting all your money on it.

Guild Wars is where it's at. The entire collection of Steam is pretty cheap and there's no pay-as-you-go fee. Plus it's less focused on grinding and more focused on getting into the PvP scene or getting cash in the PvE scene. Only downside is that ArenaNet can't balance things for shit. If you've played it and remembered the big Smiter's Boon nerf then you'll know what I mean.

GundamXXX

Ergo Ego
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
I still find WoW to be an inferior MMO. It's kinda like CoD. It's not really good but you keep playing it because it's addictive as all hell. Then you find you've been wasting all your money on it.

Guild Wars is where it's at. The entire collection of Steam is pretty cheap and there's no pay-as-you-go fee. Plus it's less focused on grinding and more focused on getting into the PvP scene or getting cash in the PvE scene. Only downside is that ArenaNet can't balance things for shit. If you've played it and remembered the big Smiter's Boon nerf then you'll know what I mean.

Agreed, Im hoping for an xmas special on the GW series. I have Prophecies but never got around to buying the other ones ;(

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GundamXXX said:
Guild McCommunist said:

Agreed, Im hoping for an xmas special on the GW series. I have Prophecies but never got around to buying the other ones ;(

The trilogy is $40 on Steam (which is the original, Factions, and Nightfall). You can get Eye of the North separately for $30. A little pricey for an expansion but it's worth it.

GundamXXX

Ergo Ego
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
GundamXXX said:
Guild McCommunist said:

The trilogy is $40 on Steam (which is the original, Factions, and Nightfall). You can get Eye of the North separately for $30. A little pricey for an expansion but it's worth it.

I saw, pretty good deal but with christmas coming Im willing to wait a few weeks to see wether it comes as a special or not
tongue.gif

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bladexdsl said:
Zantheo said:
"Another WOW clone"?

You're serious?
yes except this time blizzard are making the clone of themselves
laugh.gif
You are dumb, enough said.

Titan was supposed to be a Halo MMOFPS long ago before Microsoft bought Bungie, who were working with Blizzard on a game of epic proportions. Titan is assumed to be a massively multiplayer first person shooter game by WarCraft fans, and that it was supposed to be the successor and the next big thing in online multiplayer gaming. Unfortunately when World of WarCraft came out, the technology to create such an environment had not been realized and it has taken a good 6 years and building a huge player base with World of WarCraft to prove that huge environments with thousands of players is humanly possible.

When Bungie went private and Microsoft bought the rights to the Halo franchise, they knew that Titan would not be a game featuring their original idea, but they are now back working with Blizzard on an MMO FPS using the same code name though it will more then likely be a new gaming universe, or possibly a StarCraft Ghost type of game just in a massive player setting base. The prospect of an MMO FPS sound interesting and I will wait patiently until they announce it.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Guild McCommunist said:

Except no one played it after the first like year, buying stuff is pretty much impossible if you are a new player since it's so damn expensive, questing is insanely annoying because NPC party members are retarded in AI design and you spend more time dying trying to kill things with your NPC party then you would with real players. And it lacks any kind of in game mail system, proper crafting and gathering professions, and a larger more diverse skill system. I played Guild Wars right through to Eye of the North and I gave up on it, questing was impossible solo and you needed a group to do most of them due to the high number of mobs.

The only thing Guild Wars had going for it was a stable PvP system, in WoW it's so insanely imbalanced because Blizzard can't put in the time to make all classes do the same amount of damage or healing in PvP without it impacting raiding as well.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
DSGamer64 said:
You are dumb, enough said.

lets see blizzards track record shall we?

warcraft 2: same game with better gfx!
wow: it's warcraft in 3d with shitty quests and grinding thrown in. topped with a ridiculous fee that the idiotic wow nerds don't realize their paying to play an MMO where there are plenty of FREE MMO out there BETTER than wow!
starcraft 2: same game with better gfx!
diablo2: see above
diablo 3: see above!!

so we'll see whos DUMB when they crank out the same fucking game as wow except with a texture and story change meet me back here in 2012 and we'll see whos dumb!
rolleyes.gif

--- end of line ---

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :blink: