fool
OP
Trophies
Website
nov.us.to
XP
Country
United States
BLARGH Text editor has been updated 6 times since last news update on GBAtemp.

lots of updates since revision 97

QUOTE said:
Revision: 103
Author: anomalous_underdog
Date: 2008-May-04 22.25.16
Added placeholder values for cut, copy, paste, home, end, undo, redo, and search.

----
Modified : /branches/BLARGHTextEditor-UsingLineData/BLARGHTextEditor/source/Underdog/Gui/HexGrid.cpp
Modified : /branches/BLARGHTextEditor-UsingLineData/BLARGHTextEditor/source/Underdog/Gui/HexGrid.h
Modified : /branches/BLARGHTextEditor-UsingLineData/BLARGHTextEditor/source/Underdog/Gui/TextBox.cpp
Modified : /branches/BLARGHTextEditor-UsingLineData/BLARGHTextEditor/source/Underdog/Gui/TextBox.h

Revision: 102
Date: 2008-May-04 22.17.34
Added unit tests for the bugs in textbox concerning word-wrapped lines.

----
Modified : /branches/BLARGHTextEditor-UsingLineData/BLARGHTextEditor/source/Tests/TestTextBox.cpp

Revision: 101
Date: 2008-May-04 01.48.29
Bugfix: When backspacing the topleft-most character, the text should scroll upwards.

Also updated todo file.

----
Modified : /branches/BLARGHTextEditor-UsingLineData/BLARGHTextEditor/TaskCoachFile.tsk
Modified : /branches/BLARGHTextEditor-UsingLineData/BLARGHTextEditor/source/Underdog/Gui/TextBox.cpp

Revision: 100
Date: 2008-May-04 00.31.11
Bugfix: When inserting a newline while in a word-wrapped line, and the cursor is at the beginning of a display line, the graphical cursor should not move anywhere.

Also updated todo file.

----
Modified : /branches/BLARGHTextEditor-UsingLineData/BLARGHTextEditor/TaskCoachFile.tsk

Revision: 99
Date: 2008-May-04 00.17.37
Bugfix: TextBox::mLineData would have elements more than the available display lines.

Bugfix: Graphical cursor would move up when inserting new chars when they shouldn't have.

Bugfix: Made sure graphical cursor doesn't get stuck to a position somewhere beyond what is possible (when backspacing at the end of a word-wrapped line wherein the backspacing made the line not word-wrapped anymore). (I simply brought back the code removed in r98).

Bugfix: Now TextBox::clearLeftOverSpace() is always called on every call to TextBox::refreshTextDisplay(). This is to ensure display lines that should be cleared are cleared.

Refactoring: Added private function TextBox::whichDisplayLineCursorIsIn()

----
Modified : /branches/BLARGHTextEditor-UsingLineData/BLARGHTextEditor/source/Underdog/Gui/TextBox.h

Revision: 98
Date: 2008-May-03 19.45.23
Bugfix: When inserting a char at the end of text, and the line became word-wrapped because of that newly inserted char, the cursor was not getting updated properly. Additionaly, if that caused a vertical scroll down, the line wouldn't get cleared.

Bugfix: When inserting a new char at the beggining of a display line, but that display line is part of word-wrapped line: if the char to insert was thin enough, it would be displayed at the line above, so the cursor should go upwards too, instead it stayed where it was.

Bugfix: The first TextLine was not getting the proper offset value if vertical scrolling had occured.

Refactoring: TextBox::isCursorInAWordWrappedLine() now uses TextLine data

Refactoring: TextBox::moveTextCursorToEndOfPrevLine() has a new override function, one that uses TextLine data. TextBox::moveTextCursorLeft(const s16) makes use of this.

TextLine::length now no longer includes the newline in its value

----

topic on gbadev

developers downloads

mirror 1
mirror 2

GBAtemp download - [attachment=335:blarghte...tor.r103.zip]

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If it turns out that it can save files I'll put it on the portal, but if not I don't really see this as being very useful to the average GBAtemp member. It looks to me like the whole point of this program was to port that keyboard layout to the DS so that other homebrew authors could use it in their own apps.

I do like the keyboard. Qwerty KBs suck donkeys on the DS.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Destructobot said:
If it turns out that it can save files I'll put it on the portal, but if not I don't really see this as being very useful to the average GBAtemp member. It looks to me like the whole point of this program was to port that keyboard layout to the DS so that other homebrew authors could use it in their own apps.

I do like the keyboard. Qwerty KBs suck donkeys on the DS.

I was deciding whether it was "Portal-worthy."
But concluded it's not - just a shitty little un-developed app for the DS (that you can find on DSO or similar).
nyanya.gif

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
IMO the keyboard layout alone would make it worthy of being on the portal, if you could actually use it as a text editor. A text editor that can't save isn't really an editor, it's a viewer, and there are many of those on the DS that are better than this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc