black screen of death?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Awakendarknezz, Jul 25, 2011.

Jul 25, 2011
  1. Awakendarknezz
    OP

Newcomer Awakendarknezz Member

United States
    I need some help, I haven`t use my Wii in a long time and today i decided to turn it on. when i went into the homebrew channel it said that there was an update i was like oh cool. i pressed it and after it downloaded it and all, it just sat in a black screen, I was wondering if anyone could help me out to solve this problem, thanks in advanced.

2. tagzard

Banned tagzard Tagzard the Crazy Dinosaur with Wings.

United States
    1: What black screen do you get? On the homebrew channel or on the wii system menu when you turn it on?

3. kirbymaster101

Member kirbymaster101 GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    rehack ur wii using modmii or reinstall homebrew channel using an exploit.

4. Awakendarknezz
    OP

Newcomer Awakendarknezz Member

United States
    just an empty black screen while i tried to install the new version of the homebrew channel, i went ahead and tried to reinstall all the iso and homebrew ect but now whenever i try to install the snes emulator it says that it needs iso58 which i already installed -.- i get a feeling i messed up somewhere along the way

5. Lacius

Member Lacius GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    You need to install the latest version of the Homebrew Channel (1.0.8) while you already have IOS58 on your Wii. This is so the Homebrew Channel uses IOS58 instead of IOS61. It will tell you at the top of the page what IOS it is using and what version of the Homebrew Channel you are using. If you are having trouble updating through the wireless update feature, try downloading the latest version manually.