OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
Taken from the Savemiifrii post:

I have a wii that shows a black screen ffter the health warning. It's 3.4U, it just bricked while playing.

NO MODCHIP
NO preloader
NO bootmii backup since it has bootv2

There is no banner brick. There is no weird channel installed, only HBC and Neogamma. And they show just fine on the maintenance mode. Heck, I just played some Galaxy on Neogamma. The person that uses this wii is clueless on the hacking scene, does not even have a sd card

The thing is, it doesn't work without maintenance mode and it's pissing me off.

And holy shit, it just booted by entering maintenance mode. I can go to the HBC and neogamma.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0gy8gWC6Dg...feature=related

It fully works! But I want it to work without that maintenance mode trick, shall I format?

Updated to 4.2u..... new system menu is up using Clipper's guide.... but only works on maintenance mode wtf black screen after health warning. System menu on options is 4.2u, Maintenance Mode does not show SD card menu, so it's rolling back on a old System Menu?

Updated using DOPMii

Updated shop to v19, it shows a white channel on the system menu but it works....

This is really weird

UPDATE: Tried the mailbox brick fix, no dice

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If it is working in maintenacne mode, it could be a mail brick. Try-
Download
Det1re's Mailbox Brick Fix.
Det1re said:
1. Copy "apps" and "fstoolbox" to your SD card root and overwrite if asked.
2. Startup the Wii and boot HBC (you can use BootMii, Preloader or the Maintainance mode)
to do so.
3. From HBC, run FSToolbox r50 and follow the on-screen instructions until you see your
Wii's file struct (import, meta, shared1, shared2, sys, ticket, title, tmp).
4. Navigate to shared2/wc24/ and replace any file with the one from SD by pressing PLUS.
5. Navigate to shared2/wc24/mbox/ and do the same there.
6. End the app and restart the Wii. You will get a message that your Mail account is broken
and will be restored.

Doing the steps above will remove all your saved friends and all messages from your
Message Board.

Or try a system format, which would remove all your saves and channels.

Sabin_Figaro

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
Installed Priiloader, does not work. Still works on Maintenance Mode

QUOTE said:
Download

Tried that twice, nothing.

I have reports that a RESET may fix it. I may need to delete priiloader first and I don't know if it's worth the risk. Also, if I reset I will kill HBC and I don't know if I can use bannerbomb on maintenance mode, or if I may get a full brick.

If the person wants to take the risk I may do it. But so far it's too much to do.

Question: Can I delete the shop channel?

MLRX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sabin_Figaro said:
Installed Priiloader, does not work. Still works on Maintenance Mode

QUOTE said:
Download

Tried that twice, nothing.

I have reports that a RESET may fix it. I may need to delete priiloader first and I don't know if it's worth the risk. Also, if I reset I will kill HBC and I don't know if I can use bannerbomb on maintenance mode, or if I may get a full brick.

If the person wants to take the risk I may do it. But so far it's too much to do.

Question: Can I delete the shop channel?
Yes just get anytitledeleter/mod

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Do NOT format the wii. All that will do is make it worse. Also, do not remove Priiloader.

Bannerbomb does not work in maintenance mode since the SD card menu is not available. Indiana Pwns will still work though.

As for your shop channel, yeah, you can delete it. It's title ID is HABA. You can delete it with AnyTitleDeleter, or get a wad of the shop and uninstall that in wad manager.

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DEFINITELY sounds like a mail brick.
perhaps go into settings in maintenance mode and make sure WiiConnect24 is off, then reboot normally and see if it boots...

Sabin_Figaro

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
WiiConnect24's options cannot be accessed on Maintenance mode
frown.gif

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sabin_Figaro said:
WiiConnect24's options cannot be accessed on Maintenance mode
frown.gif
ah thats.... unfortunate... and odd. why give a maintenance mode if you can't maintain the Wii XD

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You don't need to uninstall priiloader to do the format, it should be fine. That caused issue with preloader, but AFAIK the issue is fixed with priiloader. Also, the format will not remove priiloader, so you can use it to reinstall HBC if needed. You have a good chance that the format would fix your issue.

Your only other option is to reinstall the system ios and system menu, use dop-mii if you like. But this usually does not help when the wii functions in maintenance mode, and it will remove priiloader but dop-mii can restore it for you.

Sabin_Figaro

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
The only way to restore HBC is thru Bannerbomb and it doesn't work anymore since maintenance mode does not have SD menu, and I'm (Stupidly) on 4.2

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sabin_Figaro said:
The only way to restore HBC is thru Bannerbomb and it doesn't work anymore since maintenance mode does not have SD menu, and I'm (Stupidly) on 4.2
You can reinstall HBC by loading HackMii Installer with Priiloader.

If for some reason you don't have Priiloader, use SmashStack (for USA consoles), or Indiana Pwns (for USA or PAL consoles).

SonicShadowSilve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sabin_Figaro said:
wes11ph said:
hey dude get the wii backup disc 1.31 and load it using priiloader....
delete there all you have on your wii...

Is this a dol file or a disc?
I think its a disc, hmm maybe dol, because priiloader can only load dol's and elf's n'such. i also got an idea for you to load it, if you can load it up with matenince mode then go to the homebrew channel and install priiloader and load the dol and save ur wii. If its a Disc use savemiifrii to save your wii.

Sabin_Figaro

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
Already did. It was on 3.4u and now is on 4.2u thanks to dopmii. No dice
QUOTE said:
I think its a disc, hmm maybe dol, because priiloader can only load dol's and elf's n'such. i also got an idea for you to load it, if you can load it up with matenince mode then go to the homebrew channel and install priiloader and load the dol and save ur wii. If its a Disc use savemiifrii to save your wii.
Savemiifrii it's worthless without a modchip...

wes11ph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Sabin_Figaro said:
longtom1 said:
Could it not be a missing setting.txt???

Tell me more good sir

if the wii still boots up, then the setting.txt is still there. the only problem you have is you cannot go to the menu normally.
while you can still access HBC you can still recover this kind of problem.

you can load wii backup disc 1.31 using multi boot. you don't need to go to RM to load it there. just install a cios first.

and never ever remove priiloader, it is the last thing that will save your wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-