Hacking Black Ops Help

liop4q

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well im still yet new to all this but I can do alittle, I have a couple games on my external hard drive formated as WBFS and I use WBFS for MAC OSX to put games onto eh the hard drive and use uLoader to play them on my wii! And I have just put COD black ops on it.

I have been reading that you cant play on on cios 224 ?

But what im wondering since im still all new to this if I wanted to play black ops what would I have to do and if I was to I think I read was to use cios 224-57 ? If I was to do that could I still play all my other games on my HDD and if I was to do something wrong would I / or could I possibly do anything to harm my wii !?

liop4q

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lacius said:
You can install Hermes' IOS using IOS57 as a base or you can install Waninkoko's IOS using IOS57 as a base; both should work with Black Ops.

Should work as in I can play Multiplayer too? Or only single player?
biggrin.gif

Also if I was to do this would all my other games be able to play as they did before or would I have to do something else? Sorry im unfamiliar in this?

Haha another also, if I do this, is there a harm of doing anything to my wii?

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
liop4q said:
Lacius said:
You can install Hermes' IOS using IOS57 as a base or you can install Waninkoko's IOS using IOS57 as a base; both should work with Black Ops.

biggrin.gif

Also if I was to do this would all my other games be able to play as they did before or would I have to do something else? Sorry im unfamiliar in this?

1) it won't harm your wii
2) different games use different IOSes so this won't (shouldn't) mess any of them up.

liop4q

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shano56 said:
liop4q said:
Lacius said:

biggrin.gif

1) it won't harm your wii
2) different games use different IOSes so this won't (shouldn't) mess any of them up.

Okay well that is very good news and does anyone have a preference on which I should download?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
liop4q said:
Okay well that is very good news and does anyone have a preference on which I should download?
It is my opinion that one should install Waninkoko's IOS rev21 using IOS56 as a base in slot 249 and IOS57 as a base in slot 250. IOS249 should work with 99% of games, and IOS250 should work with Black Ops. Also, I prefer Configurable USB Loader rather than uLoader.

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lacius said:
It is my opinion that one should install Waninkoko's IOS rev21 using IOS56 as a base in slot 249 and IOS57 as a base in slot 250. IOS249 should work with 99% of games, and IOS250 should work with Black Ops. Also, I prefer Configurable USB Loader rather than uLoader.
so has this changed with rev21? for rev20, if you weren't using a cIOS [57] base to launch the loader and a different cIOS [57] base to launch the CoD:BO, the game wasn't 100% functional..... launching the loader on a [56] base and the game on [57] didn't do it (as recommended in the above post)..... or was this a problem that went away with activision's online patches????

liop4q

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lacius said:
liop4q said:

SO I download Waninkoko's IOS rev21 and then transfer files on SD card, then use program using HBC, then use slot 249 with ios56 and ios 57 with slot 250?

or am I confusing myself or making myself think this is all too simple? or am I missing something?

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it IS pretty simple....just make sure you're using a loader that launches on 249 by default (most do--unless you specifically downloaded one for a different IOS)...then on CoD:BO game settings within the loader, make sure you set it to use 250...

it's that easy....(if it doesn't work 100% though, then install a base 57 to 249 as i questioned in my prior post....you can also see my sig for my cIOS configuration and how i launch a few specific games)

liop4q

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
brausm08 said:
it IS pretty simple....jus make sure you're using a loader than launches on 249 by default (most do--unless you specifically downloaded one for a different IOS)...then on CoD:BO game settings, make sure you set it to use 250...

it's that easy....(if it doesn't work 100% though, then install a base 57 to 249)

How do I see if my loader launches on 249 by default? and also how do I change my CoD: BO game settings, is this under settings in Uloader screen ?

Uloader is what I use to play my games btw!

Also which do I download to play black ops 100%?

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i can't help you at all with uLoader....i use wiiflow (and i know a bit about GX loader: enough to know not to use it)
...your configuration (so long as the loader loads on 249 and the game loads on 250) was said to work by the post i questioned above.....if it doesn't, then switch 249 to a [57] base using the same rev21 installer you installed 249 and 250 with....

in the end....try the game; see if it loads....if it does, ur done....if it doesn't then, then try a different loader (i'm partial to wiiflow) or a different configuration....

liop4q

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
brausm08 said:
i can't help you at all with uLoader....i use wiiflow (and i know a bit about GX loader: enough to know not to use it)
...your configuration (so long as the loader loads on 249 and the game loads on 250) was said to work by the post i questioned above.....if it doesn't, then switch 249 to a [57] base using the same rev21 installer you installed 249 and 250 with....

in the end....try the game; see if it loads....if it does, ur done....if it doesn't then, then try a different loader (i'm partial to wiiflow) or a different configuration....

Okay I went to options or something and I use cios 222 to load my games and when I go to configure it only goes to like 222 223 and 224 ? Im confused about all this?

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
doesn't surprise me that uloader would do this...as uloader was developed by Hermes (who also developed his cIOS for slots 222, 223, and 224)....

if i were you...i would download wiiflow 304-249 from the google code site....direct download link here. in wiiflow, set the game to load from 250....

edit...you'll also need this: the rest of the stuff for wiiflow

liop4q

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
brausm08 said:
doesn't surprise me that uloader would do this...as uloader was developed by Hermes (who also developed his cIOS for slots 222, 223, and 224)....

if i were you...i would download wiiflow 304-249 from the google code site....direct download link here. in wiiflow, set the game to load from 250....

Hm well on wiiflow can I use my WBFS formatted hard drive?

So there isnt any way to get COD;BO to work on Uloader hm? Damn

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here's a link i found relevant which discusses uloader and CoD:BO....i assume he uses [57] as a base at 224

if the above doesn't do it for you.....wiiflow will work with WBFS HDD....

i'm sure i could get it going with 222, 223, and 224 as my only options, but a few other games might not work. there may be a better way with uloader, but someone else will have to help you as i don't know/use uloader....

do you use ModMii? if so...you can download the .wads of the cIOS i use for my configuration from Modmii (page 2)....then using wiiflow, you can get everything working with the combination of 223, 224, and 249/250 (here's wiiflow 250-the one i use)

liop4q

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could anyone direct me on a guide or something on how to install cios 224 base 57 so i can play Black Ops on Wii without it freezing :/ Im confused on this.

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country
liop4q said:
Could anyone direct me on a guide or something on how to install cios 224 base 57 so i can play Black Ops on Wii without it freezing :/ Im confused on this.
you can download it easily from modmii ready to install the wad

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
liop4q said:
I will explain it
rolleyes.gif

Download and install IOS236:
http://gwht.wikidot.com/ios236
Then download the latest hermes installer:
http://filetrip.net/f11435-hermes-cIOS-Installer-5-1.html
Please remove all gamecube memory cards and controllers first. Then start it, select IOS236 to use, select slot IOS224 v66535, select base IOS57, and let it install!

liop4q

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said:
liop4q said:
I will explain it
rolleyes.gif

Download and install IOS236:
http://gwht.wikidot.com/ios236
Then download the latest hermes installer:
http://filetrip.net/f11435-hermes-cIOS-Installer-5-1.html
Please remove all gamecube memory cards and controllers first. Then start it, select IOS236 to use, select slot IOS224 v66535, select base IOS57, and let it install!

If I used ModMii didnt I already install ios236? just wondering... Sorry just wondering.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
liop4q said:
If I used ModMii didnt I already install ios236? just wondering... Sorry just wondering.
Then try to install hermes IOS, if you can choose IOS236 you've installed it before, if not you need to leave the installer and install it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7