Black model Wii no GC ports

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by HelpDesk, Apr 22, 2012.

Apr 22, 2012

Black model Wii no GC ports by HelpDesk at 10:06 AM (1,091 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. HelpDesk
    OP

Newcomer HelpDesk Member

Australia
    howdy y'all,

just got new black model wii, ver 4.3E australian. didnt know it had no GC support 'til opened up at home...

purchased for the reason of softmodding the thing, but hey! no GC controllers. bummer dude : (

haven't been keeping up to date with the modding, seems modmii still is the way to go. but am i not able to play gc games via a usb loader now? last i heard, the wii switches off all wii hardware peripherals when going into gc mode, so no classic controller there.

are these new GC-less models still safe to softmod, i read a couple people having trouble with navigating the menus, with complaints of the power/reset buttons not functioning as they should to allow installation of files.

Thank you in advance

2. lukinoz

Newcomer lukinoz Advanced Member

Czech Republic
    Well, gamecube usb loading is not posibble at all (does not exist) but SD is. And new wiis have new wiiremotes which cant communicate with some old homebwrew apps (these apps must be updated by developers so they will work then). But softmodding is safe, just use modmii :D

3. HelpDesk
    OP

Newcomer HelpDesk Member

Australia
    SD only??? u sure, pretty sure GC iso loaded off usb hdd in the past... oh well

Anyhow, thanks for the reply. just saw in the faqs. there is NO way to play GC backups on new D3-2 drive wiis.

Bummer. :(

Cheers GBAtemp :)

edit: derp, can't seem to find where to close the thread.

4. nikeymikey

Member nikeymikey Waiting for SALT to rescue the Wii U Scene!!

United Kingdom
    The only way to load gc iso from usb at this exact moment is to purchase and use a Wode.

5. PsyBlade

Member PsyBlade Snake Charmer

Germany
    there are ways to load GC images from varios sources (e.g. sd, usb, pc)
    but that is useless to you because you can't connect a GC controller to actually play them

your only options are to solder some GC ports to it (maybe ask deadlyfoez)
    or wait for tueidjs devolution which is said to include playing GC games via wiimote

edit: can't spell

6. HelpDesk
    OP

Newcomer HelpDesk Member

Australia
    Thanks lukinoz, nikeymikey, psyblade,

As u said, without GC troller ports, i'm up that famous creek with no peripherals.

Unless some groundbreaking new hack allows classic controller support for GC games, i'll just have to go without. It is a shame, but there's still plenty a softmodded wii has to offer.

Cheers.

7. tueidj

Member tueidj I R Expert

I am increasingly amused at the variety of ways people misspell my username. Stay classy, BAGmept.ten.

8. PsyBlade

Member PsyBlade Snake Charmer

Germany
    sorry,
    need more caffeine obviosly