CompC

OP
Trophies
Website
josh.birnholz.com
XP
Country
United States
I've never done any hacking of anything. How hard would it be to make a simple hack of Black and White?

I don't want to change the story or sprites or evolutions or anything. I just want to make a hack that makes these games more like the previous ones—where there's a mix of old and new Pokémon in Unova instead of just all new ones. I don't want it to be possible to catch every Pokémon in the game, like it seems most other hacks focus on, but just to be able to get previous and new ones.

I'd want to just edit the trainers' Pokémon and the wild Pokémon for every location. How hard would it be to do this, and what would I use?

Thanks.
smile.gif

Drayano

Trophies
XP
Country
Trainer editing is relatively easy. If you look up KazoWAR's Trainer Editor (BWTE) and are able to extract .narc files, then it's as easy as entering whatever you want.

Wild editing on the other hand isn't so good. There's no tool currently and twistedfatal is the only one who is planning to make one as far as I know (and that's gonna be a long while yet). You'll have to use a hex editor for now, and enter the values into the appropriate places on the a/1/2/6 .narc yourself.

Let me just say, if you're unfamiliar with it hex editing can be intimidating at first, but simply changing values and such is actually very easy once you understand what to do.

Oxnite

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Drayano said:
Wild editing on the other hand isn't so good. There's no tool currently and twistedfatal is the only one who is planning to make one as far as I know (and that's gonna be a long while yet). You'll have to use a hex editor for now, and enter the values into the appropriate places on the a/1/2/6 .narc yourself.

In fact, I created a Wild Pokémon Editor Tool which is almost ready (just needs some 3-hour fixing or something). The Editor works, because I'm working on a hack as well and I changed some routes with it. It completely works.

The only problem is that I started it in VB 6, but I can't seem to 'create an .exe file' out of it because I'm working on Windows Vista.

Drayano

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh I didn't know you were doing one Oxnite =o

I'd actually kinda like to see the source code for that >>; VB6 is the only language I know but I'm a bit of a novice at it. I'm clueless about the hex functions and stuff

mastersord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oxnite said:
Drayano said:

In fact, I created a Wild Pokémon Editor Tool which is almost ready (just needs some 3-hour fixing or something). The Editor works, because I'm working on a hack as well and I changed some routes with it. It completely works.

The only problem is that I started it in VB 6, but I can't seem to 'create an .exe file' out of it because I'm working on Windows Vista.

How much code and how hard would it be to port to VB.NET? I might be able to help in that regard.

QUOTE(Drayano @ May 9 2011, 01:07 PM)
Oh I didn't know you were doing one Oxnite =o

I'd actually kinda like to see the source code for that >>; VB6 is the only language I know but I'm a bit of a novice at it. I'm clueless about the hex functions and stuff

Welcome to my world. I'm also curious myself.

Blazer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That sounds really interesting. Along with the trainer editor that'd be great for changing the appearance of Pokemon. Maybe you Pokehackers should get together and figure out who is making what program though, so we don't have multiple programs doing the same thing. Just a suggestion since things seem kinda inefficient at the moment. XP

twistedfatal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oxnite said:

what you need to do is get vb2008. then open the project in vb2008 and it will ask you to convert accept then once its finished you will get a few errors

once you do let us know what errors you got and i can probably help you with them once the errors are fixed you will be able to compile the project.

also note that vb2010 cant convert vb6 only vb2008

QUOTE(andibad @ May 10 2011, 05:11 AM) but i heart twistfatal is almost done on wild pokemon editor, he just searching hex offset for swarming pokemon ...
i need to do more not just swarms i still need to find the new offsets for the eng games since i started the wild editor when the jap games came out

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nearly 4 hours without power :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    SO POWERLESS
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tell Kanye I need power
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Better start running in your hamster wheel
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Meth addicts on a treadmill connected to a generator "Unlimited POWER!!!'
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before or after a hit?
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Do you dangle a baggie in front of them, like a carrot?
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    they're the same thing
    +1
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay