Bioware Talks About Reputation In Mass Effect 3

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Paragon/Renegade morality system is one of the most famous aspects of the Mass Effect series; naturally, it's also one of the most controversial. One of the biggest complaints, especially in the second game, was that it discouraged players from taking a neutral or mixed approach; for the best results, you either had to go full Renegade or full Paragon.

Don't worry, though. Bioware has heard the criticisms in their mountain fortress high above the world (Note: They may not have a mountain fortress high above the world). To counter these problems, they have implemented a new Reputation system in Mass Effect 3, which they just unveiled today.

BIOWARE BLOG: Reputation In Mass Effect 3

To summarize, Reputation is basically an added factor to the existing Renegade/Paragon system. All of your actions (From helping the elderly cross the street to punching a nun in the face to just crashing a Reaper shindig) will, in some way, further boost your standing across the galaxy, giving others hope in the face of the Reaper onslaught. Reputation, rather than Paragon/Renegade decisions, will be key to unlocking new dialogue options in the game. (This is a very abbreviated summary. If you are interested, definitely read the article.)

This sounds like a pretty smart move on their part, and a nice step forward for the franchise. It does make the wait for March 6th that much harder though...

However, I do have one demand: Sick dancing should definitely boost my reputation across the galaxy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWYUiVfZo9k
Reapers, Cerberus, take warning. You are not prepared.

Reactions: 1 person

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Good. I didn't necessarily like the way the system was in Mass Effect 2. I'm generally a neutral person in games and if there are no options I just go full asshole.

EDIT: Also, I am now in love with that video.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just so long as it's not broken the way it was in ME 2 where your actual meter didn't mean jack shit, and it was all based on a hidden percentage determined by how many points were possible up to the point you were at in the game vs the number you'd acquired.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: show him fighting in ww2