Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Which of them would be the best to get ?

I wasn't so fond of the SuperCard . And since my little sister's M3 Real's Clips came off ( all of them except one xD ) my dad said he might be getting one of those 3 flashcarts .

Ordering any of them from KickGaming then using price match to decrease the pricing .

So which one would you recomend to get ?

Which one has :

- The Best Rom Compatibility .
- The Best Homebrew Compatibility .
- Updates Daily ( Every 1 -> 2 Months Longest )
- Build Quality Will Last Longer .
- Cheat System Is Simple .

Those are the features i am looking for . and while at the same time if my dad gets a AK2 or EDGE should i trade it for my SuperCard .?

- Echo

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Acekard 2 is very good. Just make sure you get one from the good batch because I heard there was a bad batch but I think the bad batch is done. AK2 is very good. There are additional firmwares for it such AKAIO (preferred by most people. including me).

Translucentbill

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, from all of my flashcart experience i would have to say from owning an R4, a Supercard, and a cyclo ds (current card). I overall loved the cyclods! It has to be one of the best flashcarts.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
IOwnAndPwnU said:
Acekard 2 is very good. Just make sure you get one from the good batch because I heard there was a bad batch but I think the bad batch is done. AK2 is very good. There are additional firmwares for it such AKAIO (preferred by most people. including me).
zomg ur from Canada xD where'd you get your AK2 ? Would the ones from Kickgaming be any good ?

Translucentbill said:
Well, from all of my flashcart experience i would have to say from owning an R4, a Supercard, and a cyclo ds (current card). I overall loved the cyclods! It has to be one of the best flashcarts.
... Cyclo has nothing to do with this -__- my dad would never buy anything that expensive xD

PharaohsVizier said:
Well if your little sister is going to touch it, AceKard 2 is out of the question because the build quality is the same as the M3DS Real, or even worse. It has those clips and everything.

If you get one of the Supercard DS ONE cars with the side notch, it too feels a little cheap, on the other hand, the one without it has amazing build quality that rivals genuine carts, a bit flexible, but pretty strong. The EDGE feels even sturdier, but a little thick in my opinion.

In terms of simplicity, it is either the EDGE or the AceKard. The Supercard DS ONE will have you ripping your hair out at times, although it can be quite user friendly, but compared with something like the EDGE and the AceKard, it will seem really awkward.

And I think you might want to consider the EZ Flash V, it is AMAZINGLY strong, I mean I can jump on the flash cart, and I have no doubt it'll survive (yea maybe itll scratch). It is really, really easy to use, etc. If you aren't looking for special features, the EZ Flash V is pretty cheap, easy to use. I reviewed here: http://www.dsdatabase.org/ezvplus.html
I will never get the SuperCard . It's annoying . EZ Flash V ? Might look into that but still going for AK2 or EDGE

QUOTE(papyrus @ Aug 7 2008, 11:52 PM)
I would say that Edge is a good choice, cheap and has cyclo feeling on it. W/o the extra features
mhm EDGE and AK2 . They're are the best ones
yaynds.gif

By the looks of your posts ... it would be either the EDGE or AK2 . I would get the either and just give me little sis my SuperCard =P
so yea xD which one !? I want something that loads fast so i might just go with the AK2 . And if it's a bad batch i'll use KickGaming's 90 Day Warranty Refund .
Then i'll keep on trying untill they work xD

- Echo

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First I didn't even know about the about the CycloDS until I came to this forum. After I learned a little about the CycloDS, it seemed pretty good but not worth it because of the price. Why would your sister even touch the cartridge if it's in the game. Just leave it in the DS, and no problems. For the price of the CycloDS alone, you could probably get the AK2 with 1-4GB for like the same price. All depends where you buy it from.

g4med4d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I prefer the Acekard 2 over the EDGE for a simple reason that I do not want to have a box popping up asking if I want to use the cheat. I know the cheat can be disabled but I do not want to do that either. Just my preference.

Call me lazy but I get Narin's cheat database from this site all the time and it does not have the Supercard version. Plus it's white and my DSs are black and cobalt. Again, personal preference.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
IOwnAndPwnU said:
First I didn't even know about the about the CycloDS until I came to this forum. After I learned a little about the CycloDS, it seemed pretty good but not worth it because of the price. Why would your sister even touch the cartridge if it's in the game. Just leave it in the DS, and no problems. For the price of the CycloDS alone, you could probably get the AK2 with 1-4GB for like the same price. All depends where you buy it from.
By the looks of what you said ... I have no idea what you mean xD all i know is that you are talkin about is that you can get the AK2 and getting a SD Card xD
But yea i like the AK2 . Simple and really fast GUI . So yea i might pitch into this . Probably gonna order from Kickgaming, Use Price Match with the price at DealExtreme and we'll all be happy ^.^ And gonna pass down my SuperCard to my little sis and not tell her about triple booting xD

QUOTE(g4med4d @ Aug 8 2008, 01:10 PM) I prefer the Acekard 2 over the EDGE for a simple reason that I do not want to have a box popping up asking if I want to use the cheat. I know the cheat can be disabled but I do not want to do that either. Just my preference.

Call me lazy but I get Narin's cheat database from this site all the time and it does not have the Supercard version. Plus it's white and my DSs are black and cobalt. Again, personal preference.
EDGE has white and black ones dont they ? And yea now im thinking still . By reading Pharaohs Review on EZFlash i might want that one too ! But still im on the verge of getting an AK2 . Just gotta tell my dad about it . And if my AK2 is defective gonna return it untill it aint defective ! but what happens if i get a Bad Batch AK2 ? What's gonna happen . Could someone explain to me what the bad batch AK2s do ?

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You can read up in the Acekard section about the symptoms (or look on the Acekard official forum). Essentially, if you have a bad one it will work normally for a while (usually 1 to 3 weeks) and then stop working all of a sudden with a FAT error.

You're probably safe buying one now since the latest batches seem to be OK according to most sources, but make sure that the store you're buying from won't give you any hassle or charge extra money if you need to exchange it.

-Bri

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
heard some guy got a DS-Extreme from KickGaming and it didn't work .

So he told KickGaming then after they refunded him with something else since it wasn't in stock !

So yea KickGaming even says refunds/exchanged valid for 90 days starting on purchase .

Only problem is they are gonna make you pay for shipping charges xD

It's alright . FAT Error . Sorta scares me for some reason X_X

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@Echo: dealextreme.com has been paying people's shipping for exchanges if they get a bad cart. Maybe you can get KickGaming to agree to the same thing.

@PharaohsVizier: Twice a week for two months is about 17 uses. That sounds about right.

-Bri

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bri said:
@Echo: dealextreme.com has been paying people's shipping for exchanges if they get a bad cart. Maybe you can get KickGaming to agree to the same thing.

@PharaohsVizier: Twice a week for two months is about 17 uses. That sounds about right.

-Bri

yea i'll try and i'll tell my dad about this . so i guess that means bye-bye SuperCard hello AK2 ! I wonder if people will buy a M3 Real with Rumble Pack with all clips broken xD

So i guess it's AK2 and not EDGE . Anyone want to disagree ? And reasons .

So far i mostly only care about the durability of how long it will last . and if the AceKard is faulty gonna ask KickGaming to replace it with a AK2 and if there are none , then i'll ask them for an EDGE ^^

That sounds right right ? and if there is no EDGE and AK2 then we'll ask for a EZ-Flash V Plus !!

- Echo

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered two Edge units from DealExtreme about a month or two ago. I had already had CycloDS units, and figured I'd give the Edge a go since I heard so much good about it. It IS all true. The card is freakin' fantastic. The menu and loading is amongst the fastest I have encountered on a card, it works great with my 8GB Transcend microSDHC, the build quality is exactly like the CycloDS (great), and the card's compatibility is what is to be expected..perfect. Everything I have thrown at it just works, and it also works in conjunction with my 3-in-1 expansion for Opera/GBA/Rumble. I love em so much I ordered two more for the heck of it. HIGHLY recommended.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
retiredjerk said:
i agree. the edge kicks ass and is the one to get

Yep. I actually got rid of my CycloDS cards (sold) after using these for a few weeks....to get back some of that hard earned coin I spent originally on them. Do not get me wrong, the CycloDS is a *fantastic* card. Mostly due to the fact of the excellent support the team provides. But I never used all of the bells and whistles. I never use RTS (cheating in my old school opinion), nor did I use slo-mo (cheating again). The Cyclo has the built in GBA support which is nice, but nothing that GBAXploder cannot handle. The Edge does have cheat functions, but once again, I never use those because I prefer to play games "cleanly".

I asked RHS if they would stock these cards not too long ago, as the cards are excellent and I have been using RHS for my needs for years...but they declined. I could say that the only fault this card really has is that I have to order it from overseas which takes some time. I did see it in some USA dealers sites, but not at that extremely low DX price. Takes some time yes, but all well worth the wait.

BurlyEd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My vote:
1. EDGE - my favorite. I have another on order.
2. SCDS1 - I triple-boot mine to DSTT menu so I can use Narin's cheats.
3. AK2 - I got rid of mine because of the shitty little plastic clips.

I have not bought a CycloDS because of 1) power usage and 2) price (I can get 2 EDGEs for less than 1 CycloDS).

grog.gif
lecture.gif

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PharaohsVizier said:
Ah that's why you had the awesome deals on the CycloDS Evolutions. Was super tempted to give you a PM.

Yeah...with the $45 I made off of one of them I was able to buy TWO new Edge cards on DX. Was pretty worthwhile in my book
smile.gif

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
this just makes my life harder to pick
wacko.gif

with what you guys are commenting about just make it harder and harder . All i know is that i don't want to get another SuperCard XP

But maybe an EDGE or AceKard 2 . Yea the clips are the problem but everything else is awesome about it ! So yea . I might get either . EDGE is just slightly more expensive ( by like 50 cents xD )

so yea . I'll think about the EDGE . But my dad said that he will only get anothre flashcart if my little sis' M3 Real breaks as in it won't respond anymore . and my only idea is throwing it into the toilet xD but i'll just see if he would say yes even though the M3 still works .

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just curious, but why are the clips a problem at all? I've had mine for a while and never had a clip fall off. If you don't mess with them, they're not a problem in the least. I'm guessing that even if all the clips fell off, you could glue the cart shut and never have a problem.

If you want to talk about hardware, the microSD card sticks out a bit with the Edge (the microSD card isn't flush with the edge of the Edge). To me that's a much bigger problem than the clips.

That said, both the Acekard 2 and the Edge are great carts. You probably can't go wrong with either one.

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: well.. Sorta new :)