Hacking Beta Acekard 2i 3DS update for 4.3.10-U

RowanDDR

SNES Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
Works for me. However, the first time I booted the Pippa Funnel icon after the firmware update, I just got a black screen. Since then its been fine.

Thanks xanthux for sharing this file.

Update: just realised, my 3DS is 4.3.0-10E which is not the same as the title of this thread. (I am in England)

Mapax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
You guys sure are lucky...
1. For me, I just got my 3DS XL the other day and got it updated.
2. Hence, I had to update my Acekard 2i using a DSL.
3. It all went okay, and I managed to start a game (the world ends with you) until the whole thing freezed,
4. Then there's the error screen requiring me to reboot.
5. After rebooting, the icon is has changed to the Acekard 2i icon and starting it results in an error screen, while booting it in DSL will have it "Loading" forever...
Oh ya, my Acekard is a new one, just bought it the same day as the 3DS XL...

Any ideas how to fix this?
I had the same issue twice - each time after updating the firmware of the 2i. Both times, it was resolved by connecting the SD card to a PC, copying all contents over, formatting the card and putting everything back in, minus AKAIO - then putting a fresh AKAIO installation on it.

I'd also like to report that this particular firmware update appears to have certain SDHC issues, and while most games work fine, new ones have issues. For example, Pokemon Conquest returns a FAT Error when played from SDHC while it loads instantly from a standard SD. Similarily Pokemon White 2 (J - patched with the 2.3 translation) loads forever and lags on FMV sections after (if is more appropriate) it does. Keep that in mind if you are interested in these two games.

Unfortunately this didn't help...

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Have you tried using a different SD card? Is it SD or SDHC? How is it formatted? What's the capacity? Describe your issue in more detail, I have a feeling you have an SDHC card. Do you perhaps have a simple SD card (up to 2GB) for testing purposes?

Keep in mind that on one SD I tested the new firmware on, the booting of AKAIO took a minute or two while on others it was instantaneous - it may not be frozen like you think it is.

L-Lawliet

Trophies
XP
Country
The update hasn't worked for me. I've tried formatting the card, putting in fresh AKAIO and loaders but to no avail. The horse game shows up no matter what files I delete so I can't go back to the tennis game and try the update again.

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
The update hasn't worked for me. I've tried formatting the card, putting in fresh AKAIO and loaders but to no avail. The horse game shows up no matter what files I delete so I can't go back to the tennis game and try the update again.

Can you not use a DS to go back to 4.2 update? Don't know if the update method works as "downgrade" or not.

omega59

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Acekard team is getting sh!t with their updates. While others already released updates it's what 2 months and this is what we get??

Reactions: 1 person

yuuna

Hello, this is turtle.
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
dudes, you can always opt to other flashcarts. and likely, this patch will be blocked as well in the next 3DS firmware update.
if you want to play safe, buy other recommended carts.

L-Lawliet

Trophies
XP
Country

Can you not use a DS to go back to 4.2 update? Don't know if the update method works as "downgrade" or not.
Nope, neither my DS Lite or DSi will load the card now, the DS Lite shows a white screen and the DSi says error occurred etc.

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I have an AK2i but haven't updated yet. I've also ordered an R4i 3DS Gold, they seem to update quickly and its a relatively cost effective card if you don't want all whistles and bells. I think AK2i owners should consider doing the same,

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Just when I thought that people will be overjoyed with the release (even if it's beta)

When Acekard decided to delay the patch......... bitch, moan, whine and "threaten" to jump ship
When Acekard released a beta............... complains about how it's just a beta

If Acekard breaks under pressure and decides to release waste their very limited resources to keep said people above happy and run out of exploits......... OMG AK Y U SUK SO MUCH

If Acekard decides not update at all and disappear to God knows where forever like some r4 clones...... OMG WASTED MY MONEYZZZ GETTING CRAP KARD

:\

omega59

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think everyone knows. People are just miffed that its taking so long, and all we have is a beta. As per every card and there updates, someone will encounter problems
well put.

Acekard is always late on updates at least a month behind. Time to move on to better things, as this shows the lack of care for their product, and who knows maybe the team is going to bellyup.

Mapax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Tr
Make sure you copied the firmware (akaio) to your card

Hi Dicarmaques,

Yup, I tried that as well, but nothing different...
Hmm from what i can see you have downgraded your acekard, but no problem since you have a DSL, now can you take a screenshot to your SD Card folder?

Actually I can't even get the Acekard running in my DSL, it just gets stuck on the loading screen...
Yes you can but you probably dont have the right files in the sd

I've downloaded from Acekard's official website, so of course I have the right files... If I don't have the right files, the Acekard would say something like they can't find the files instead of just "Loading"...

About the right files
first I tried:
_ak2
akmenu4.nds

Then I tried AKAIO (Both 1.8.9 and 1.9.0, one after the other)
_aio
akmenu4.nds

Mapax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Have you tried using a different SD card? Is it SD or SDHC? How is it formatted? What's the capacity? Describe your issue in more detail, I have a feeling you have an SDHC card. Do you perhaps have a simple SD card (up to 2GB) for testing purposes?

Keep in mind that on one SD I tested the new firmware on, the booting of AKAIO took a minute or two while on others it was instantaneous - it may not be frozen like you think it is.

Hi

I've tried using two different micro SD cards, one is 1Gb, the other has 2Gb, formatted using the software recomended by Acekard (although I still have no idea why this is essential)...

As for waiting, I've been waiting for at least 5 minutes and all I get is loading...

RowanDDR

SNES Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
So you get to the screen that says "Loading..."? I've been stuck there before in the past. It was down to bad connection. Try cleaning the contacts of the cart and microsd connectors, and making sure the microsd card (and card) are fully pushed in.

Mapax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
So you get to the screen that says "Loading..."? I've been stuck there before in the past. It was down to bad connection. Try cleaning the contacts of the cart and microsd connectors, and making sure the microsd card (and card) are fully pushed in.

What did you do exactly? I've tried cleaning stuff up, but nothing worked... of course, there wans't anything to clean given that the card is new...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: (this is going to be horribly misinterpreted as me wanting to fuck DK or smth, isn't it?)