Gaming Best. Zelda. Fangame. Ever.

paul1991

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that the leader of the OOT2D project was killed in a car crash on the autoban(Is that how you spell it?) a couple years ago. That is why the project died. So to speak.

He was only 15 years old. It was a year older than me at the time. It was sombering.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Indeed, Enterprise avatar guy here. Your name rings a bell, though I can't remember exactly who you are, sorry.

The publicity that Dampe's project got probably is the source of all this confusion about who's who.

And yeah, Mattcoz's game was awesome, shame he never finished it. At least I've got the two demos he released!

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
mmmm, most people outside of zfgc have no idea theres about a dozen OOT2D projects, and they're all quite hilarious

the stories range from joining the army to faking your own death
tongue.gif

infact, remember that one that was called Ocarina of Time Advance? Some people here thought it was a GBA rom
tongue.gif

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.TakaM said:
infact, remember that one that was called Ocarina of Time Advance? Some people here thought it was a GBA rom
tongue.gif
The name actually does ring a bell, though to be honest that's probably around the point at which I stopped vising the WIP section altogether.

EDIT: I do however distinctly remember this

jgu1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember a OoT made with GB graphics. The demo was actually released, and i remember playing it. It was pretty awesome, but for some reason the project died.

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Vater Unser said:
Just tried the demo, I'm not all that impressed...
First of all, RPG Maker for a Zelda fangame?
4-way controls? Uh-oh

Best Zelda Fangame Ever? No way...
I'd say the best one is The Parallel Worlds, a romhack of ALTTP...very impressive, fun and challenging...
Also take a look at Zelda Classic, a full remake of the original Zelda (don't be too hyped though, it's basically the same thing with high-color graphics) including a leveleditor (there's shitloads of Zelda fangames using the Zelda Classic engine)...
http://zeldaclassic.armageddongames.net/

And then there's also Open Zelda, an open-source leveleditor and game engine based on ALTTP...
http://openzelda.sourceforge.net/

btw, is there something like Lunar Magic for ALTTP?
Edit: duuh, yes there is, Hyrule Magic...how could I forget?
Romhacks don't count.
Anyway, maybe I should rephrase: It's the best zelda REMAKE ever. It's pretty amazing that it's done so well when it's made in RPG Maker.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnd... Bit of a bump, but I completely forgot about this topic and I wanted to reply.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-