Best WBFS program to clone a WBFS partiton

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by SpaceJump, Dec 17, 2009.

1. SpaceJump
    OP

SpaceJump GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 18, 2005
    Germany
    Zebes
    Which WBFS program can you recommend to clone a WBFS partition?

2. cman1783

cman1783 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 20, 2007
    United States
    Michigan
  3. ratamahatta

ratamahatta Member

Newcomer
    Nov 23, 2009
    Brazil
    Favela
    Site seems to be down

...I use WiiBackupManager3.0 you can easily transfer between wbfs drive, or into a wbfs folder, or save the wbfs files as iso, which takes a bit longer... makes it much easier to back everything up

4. VashTS

VashTS Beat it, son

GBAtemp Patron
    VashTS is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Upstate NY
    i just did this to convert a 75gb partition to fat32, let me start by saying its a nightmare. the softwares out there are great for transferring games from HDD to wbfs, but when cloning a drive it gets messy...i had it stall on me twice in the middle, so it sat overnight stuck at 75/106 games transferred. it copied a few over and titled them as BAAD and some numbers, meaning the iso on there was no good, so i lost about 3 games. Wii Backup Manager doesn't do large volumes of copying to .wbfs files, so count that out (there is an option but it is confirmed to be a bug in the program it will not work only 1 game at a time!) so good luck with your endeavor its an ugly one.

it seemed windows 7 was giving me problems with file indexing as well which caused my pc to lock up a few times when transferring this large quantity of isos

5. ratamahatta

ratamahatta Member

Newcomer
    Nov 23, 2009
    Brazil
    Favela
    Haha damn, so you still have to transfer a small amount at a time? I havent tried all of them yet, I did 3 at once and it didn't seem to have a problem, the 3 i tried were.... oh shit can't find them, I think it was Smash Bros, Manhunt 2 and another, damn I hope I can find those bastards.. I'll try a full transfer to wbfs and report back, may take an hour or so... im using XP by the way

*Edit

Found em, it was Manhunt 2, SSBB and Mario Kart Wii... I know i have definately transferred about 5 games at once in between 2 wbfs drive, but not to a folder, continuing with wbfs transfer now

6. Wiimm

Wiimm Developer

Aug 11, 2009
    Germany
    Germany
    Try wwt: It's fast but have only a command line interface
    commands:
    Code:
    # discover source and destination drives
    wwt find -l

# copy all
    wwt -vv -p dest_part UPDATE source_part --test
    # the option --test enables a dry run. If you think, it's ok, remove the option.
    Press CTRL-C once to cancel the operation; it stops after finishing the current job.
    Use the command again to continue.

7. ratamahatta

ratamahatta Member

Newcomer
    Nov 23, 2009
    Brazil
    Favela
    Ok just transferred close to 50gb in 1 go, using WiiBackupManager 0.3.0, didn't have a problem once.. I transferred from a wbfs drive to a fat32 drive, took close to an hour, here is the log

Wii Backup Manager Log 18:45:58

Code:
    17:36:43 Log Started
    17:36:43 (DebugLevel) 2
    17:36:43 (LoadTitles) Titles disabled
    17:36:43 (LoadCustomTitles) Custom titles disabled
    17:36:47 (WiiFatDrive.OpenFromDrive) No wbfs folder found. I
    17:36:47 (WiiDrive.OpenFromDrive) No wbfs folder found. I Unusable (NTFS)
    17:36:47 (MountDrive1Thread) Valid drive but no WBFS Folder. Drive (I:) NTFS
    17:36:51 (WiiFatDrive.OpenFromDrive) Not a valid FAT32 partition. G
    17:36:51 (MountDrive1Thread) Valid drive. Drive (G:) - WBFS
    17:36:52 (MountDrive1Thread) Found discs. 23
    17:38:06 (MountDrive2Thread) Valid drive. Drive (J:) - FAT32
    17:38:06 (MountDrive2Thread) Found discs. 0
    17:40:44 (WBFSPartition.AddDiscFromPartition) Disc added successfully. RTZP08 Zack and Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure
    17:45:42 (WBFSPartition.AddDiscFromPartition) Disc added successfully. RWLP01 Wario Land: The Shake Dimension
    17:47:08 (WBFSPartition.AddDiscFromPartition) Disc added successfully. RZDP01 The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess
    17:51:27 (WBFSPartition.AddDiscFromPartition) Disc added successfully. RHDP8P THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD 2 AND 3 RETURN
    17:56:41 (WBFSPartition.AddDiscFromPartition) Disc added successfully. RT4PAF Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World
    17:57:15 (WBFSPartition.AddDiscFromPartition) Disc added successfully. R8PP01 SUPER PAPER MARIO
    18:01:36 (WBFSPartition.AddDiscFromPartition) Disc added successfully. RMGP01 SUPER MARIO GALAXY
    18:03:22 (WBFSPartition.AddDiscFromPartition) Disc added successfully. RBKP69 Spielberg | EA BoomBlox
    18:06:20 (WBFSPartition.AddDiscFromPartition) Disc added successfully. RUFEMV Rune Factory: Frontier
    18:11:46 (WBFSPartition.AddDiscFromPartition) Disc added successfully. ROWP08 Okami
    18:16:08 (WBFSPartition.AddDiscFromPartition) Disc added successfully. RNHP99 NO MORE HEROES
    18:16:37 (WBFSPartition.AddDiscFromPartition) Disc added successfully. SMNP01 New SUPER MARIO BROS. Wii
    18:17:28 (WBFSPartition.AddDiscFromPartition) Disc added successfully. RSFE7U MURAMASA: THE DEMON BLADE
    18:23:06 (WBFSPartition.AddDiscFromPartition) Disc added successfully. RM3P01 Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
    18:27:17 (WBFSPartition.AddDiscFromPartition) Disc added successfully. RMME7U Mercury Meltdown Revolution
    18:32:49 (WBFSPartition.AddDiscFromPartition) Disc added successfully. RMUP52 Marvel Ultimate Alliance
    18:33:05 (WBFSPartition.AddDiscFromPartition) Disc added successfully. RZPP01 LINKS CROSSBOW TRAINING
    18:35:14 (WBFSPartition.AddDiscFromPartition) Disc added successfully. R84P99 Harvest Moon - Tree of Tranquility
    18:40:18 (WBFSPartition.AddDiscFromPartition) Disc added successfully. RGHP52 Guitar Hero III
    18:43:04 (WBFSPartition.AddDiscFromPartition) Disc added successfully. RCCPGT Cooking Mama
    18:44:31 (WBFSPartition.AddDiscFromPartition) Disc added successfully. SBLE5G a boy and his blob
    18:44:32 (Drive1ToDrive2Thread) Time taken. 01:06:20
    18:44:33 (MountDrive2Thread) Valid drive. Drive (J:) - FAT32
    18:44:33 (MountDrive2Thread) Found discs. 21
    as I said before, the largest amount I have ever transferred from wbfs to wbfs at once is 5 games so I cannot say anything about larger transfers, I just tried this now because I really needed to backup my games, hope this helps at all

8. Pakatus

Pakatus GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 13, 2009
    Portugal
    Would recommend http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=178296 this tool here.
    Just bought a 500gb disk and transfered 80 games flawlessly.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice