Emulation Best way to play every possible N64 game on wiiu

pedro702

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yeah the massive slowdowns, I know they aren't all the time but it ruins the flow
lol did you see the video? there are no massive slowdowns that arent on the original game, seriously watch the video see the game running on the original n64 and them see the frame-rate on wii64 rice... it runs much better with less slowdowns by far.

so you are saying you couldnt play the game when it released or most of the n64 games? lol if you ever played star wars rogue squadron on a real n64 you would cry i guess.

Reactions: uhhh_adam and CORE

NecroNova

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so i saw the "Bust-a-move 99" Entry and id like to point out something. Wii U VC Injection works perfectly fine for the game, at least what ive tested anyway. It could have some load time issues but for the Gameplay its practically perfect.
All im saying is maybe put "Wii U VC Injection" for Bust-A-Move 99 since it has no issues (On my end at least)

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
lol did you see the video? there are no massive slowdowns that arent on the original game, seriously watch the video see the game running on the original n64 and them see the frame-rate on wii64 rice... it runs much better with less slowdowns by far.

so you are saying you couldnt play the game when it released or most of the n64 games? lol if you ever played star wars rogue squadron on a real n64 you would cry i guess.
I didn't really notice any problems in the 90's (apart from explosions causing lag)

Is there a video of GE working on rice? I'm not busting out the wii u just to try

pedro702

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I didn't really notice any problems in the 90's (apart from explosions causing lag)

Is there a video of GE working on rice? I'm not busting out the wii u just to try
lol if you dont even want to try then what is the point, if you see the video goleneye runs about 15 fps for most of the time and sometimes drops to 10 fps when there is too many enemies, oh and the multiplyer also only runs at 8-12 fps lol, you didnt noticed that back then due to the bluriness and crts and such.

Reactions: uhhh_adam and CORE

CORE

3:16
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Goldeneye runs near perfect with RICE.

25/30FPS Back in the Day on CRT.

I have not tryed MultiPlayer and Explosives used to cause massive lag until the smoke cleared.

Crazy above 60FPS Games start affecting me too Fast / Motion Sickness.

Reactions: uhhh_adam and gZa

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Can we bump down Banjo Tooie to Unplayable? the speed is 1:1 the same as real hardware... But if you jump high enough the textures would unload in a wite flash of blindless that will get unbearable to deal with for more than 10 minutes of continuing gameplay.

pedro702

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Can we bump down Banjo Tooie to Unplayable? the speed is 1:1 the same as real hardware... But if you jump high enough the textures would unload in a wite flash of blindless that will get unbearable to deal with for more than 10 minutes of continuing gameplay.
what? lol where are you playing banjo tooie?

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Not64. Those flashes seems to be more common in the hub world rather than the lvls themselves but that's because the game freezed itself up after i open a door in the first level... Also in a cutscene every time the camera focus on an npc everything but the character turns white.

pedro702

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Not64. Those flashes seems to be more common in the hub world rather than the lvls themselves but that's because the game freezed itself up after i open a door in the first level... Also in a cutscene every time the camera focus on an npc everything but the character turns white.
try wii64 rice works preety well, also running the latest not64?

wii64 1,3 here
https://github.com/emukidid/Wii64/releases/tag/1.3-20212212

try the rice version, besides the error on the pause menu due to rice not having framebuffer codded in runs preety well.

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
try wii64 rice works preety well, also running the latest not64?

wii64 1,3 here
https://github.com/emukidid/Wii64/releases/tag/1.3-20212212

try the rice version, besides the error on the pause menu due to rice not having framebuffer codded in runs preety well.
Rice not only does it has the same problem but it runs slower than Not64 by a really noticible amount, i've played an ungodly amoumt of Banjo Tooie in my youth so i know how that game is supposed to run. Its a shame all Rareware games have this thing that completely ruins them other than Golden Eye and Banjo Kazooie.

pedro702

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Rice not only does it has the same problem but it runs slower than Not64 by a really noticible amount, i've played an ungodly amoumt of Banjo Tooie in my youth so i know how that game is supposed to run. Its a shame all Rareware games have this thing that completely ruins them other than Golden Eye and Banjo Kazooie.
you can overclock wii64 on wiiu and it runs buttery smooth lol that is the advantage off the wiiu ...

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
you can overclock wii64 on wiiu and it runs buttery smooth lol that is the advantage off the wiiu ...
Don't you think i've been doing this since the beginning? how else would i gotten Banjo Tooie to run at basically real hardware performance if i didn't ran C2W beforehand?

pedro702

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Don't you think i've been doing this since the beginning? how else would i gotten Banjo Tooie to run at basically real hardware performance if i didn't ran C2W beforehand?
then your not doing it right becuase rice has tooie running full speed with overclock ... you need to overclock and then set cpu clock divider to 1.

Right now wii641.3 has an audio bug where some games go with some static, but the speed is spot on the audio bug affects some games even games like smash bros and beetle adventure racing and so on.

you can use this rice beta which has some other issues but it works great for tooie overclock + cpu clock divider set to one

this is the beta still has some tiny static issues but very light.
https://github.com/emukidid/Wii64/files/5564478/wii64-master.zip

grab the rice wiivc dol and rename to boot.dol

Last edited by pedro702,
Reactions: SaulFabre

tehtemp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks so much for this, pedro802!

Got an addition to make:

Dinosaur Planet Wii64 Rice. Tried the Dinomod Enhanced patch. Somewhat playable between 10-20 FPS. Graphical glitches like missing textures, sometimes may crash due to the rom hack.

Last edited by tehtemp,

pedro702

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thanks so much for this, pedro802!

Got an addition to make:

Dinosaur Planet Wii64 Rice. Tried the Dinomod Enhanced patch. Somewhat playable between 10-20 FPS. Graphical glitches, sometimes may crash due to the rom hack.
i only putted complete games, there is no point for me to put a beta release of an unreleaded and unfinished game.

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Dr. Mario 64 not64
@pedro702 can you specify what is the exact version where Dr. Mario 64 can be played fine with Not64? Like Turok 3 that runs on Not64 v20200514.
Because tried latest Not64 and i have enabled FB textures but the falling pills are invisible :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...