• No, and I posted what went wrong

Votes: 120 11.9%

• Total voters

Natazza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Priiloader wouldn't even exist on the NAND, anyway... In a way, it would be like good as new.

So, now if I just delete Bootmii (do I use hackmii installer?), my Wii will be returnable? Will they know it is on a different system menu to before though or would that not matter as that could be done through standard updates?

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just use HackMii Installer to un-install it.

It will be as like new, so you wouldn't have anything to worry about. Unless they check it in front of you, which will be quite unlikely to happen.

Edit: I might just create a nand which has 4.2e installed, manually update it to 4.3e and then just leave it. As like it was new with just BootMii and HBC 1.1.0 installed.

Natazza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, when I go into the SD card menu and select bootmini.elf the screen just goes green and then black, I can't get into anything from there.

Natazza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh no! No worries, thanks for helping. I'm so gutted, I can't afford a new one at the minute and really need the money back from this one to get another used one. :(

The screen just goes half green and then black totally and nothing happens so I can't get into Hackmii at all.

Hopefully one of the other guys will have an idea on what I can do to be able to delete bootmii and return it

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
loading boot.elf from bootmii's mini launcher will not work, keep trying bootmini.elf, or load the hackmii installer's boot.elf from an exploit (assuming u can now load the system menu). Note that just running the hackmii installer will auto install bootmii as IOS, so when u manage to get to intaller to load to totally remove bootmii you'll need to uninstall bootmii as bootmii AND as IOS. But I don't think that will install a stubbed IOS254 so that might be a clue that some modding was done to the Wii. That can be remedied later if need be (exploit-->mmm--> install stubbed 254)

Natazza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
loading boot.elf from bootmii's mini launcher will not work, keep trying bootmini.elf, or load the hackmii installer's boot.elf from an exploit (assuming u can now load the system menu). Note that just running the hackmii installer will auto install bootmii as IOS, so when u manage to get to intaller to load to totally remove bootmii you'll need to uninstall bootmii as bootmii AND as IOS. But I don't think that will install a stubbed IOS254 so that might be a clue that some modding was done to the Wii. That can be remedied later if need be (exploit-->mmm--> install stubbed 254)

Bootmini.elf just gives me the half green and half "snowy" screen. I will keep trying this but it has been constantly doing this so far. I can't get into anything else - if I turn the wii on with no sd card it is just a black screen and I haven't been able to get into anything except the Bootmii screen.

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If I were you, I would take a risk and try taking it back. If not, try selling it for spares and repairs on-line.

It's like someone said earlier, your console is bugged. If it were possible, DeadlyFoez could of took a look at it for you and see if he could of done anything with it.

That reminds me of something, didn't you say earlier that you had another wii? :/

Natazza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If I were you, I would take a risk and try taking it back. If not, try selling it for spares and repairs on-line.

It's like someone said earlier, your console is bugged. If it were possible, DeadlyFoez could of took a look at it for you and see if he could of done anything with it.

That reminds me of something, didn't you say earlier that you had another wii? :/

Thanks LWares87. Yes, I have another Wii, why's that?

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
The best way to make a wii look completely untouched from homebrew is to first uninstall bootmii from boot2, then launch bootmii from an IOS (through HBC) and then do a nand restore with a nand image created by punes app.

But considering that you bought this wii all buggered with cIOScorp installed to it, I don't think that the company that you bought it from is smart enough to know the facts about the wii. Hell, they sold it to you with it already being hacked.

Natazza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok thanks very much. No, I didn't have any problems hacking the other one (I used the twilight hack before the days of the walkthrough guides!) And have also rehacked it recently without problems.

Ok I will return in and keep my fingers crossed!

Thanks guys for your help, very much appreciated

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I had a funny feeling that CIOS/DarkCorp was originally installed on it previously.

Anyway... I plan to have a complete overhaul of my wii console at some point (based on what I've learned today) and start a fresh on a new nand with everything backed up and restored (game saves & miis).

I just wish, I had that tool early last year. As it seriously could of come in handy.

Edit: is it up-to-date, as like we tried with the other wii which failed?

Natazza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I had a funny feeling that CIOS/DarkCorp was originally installed on it previously.

Anyway... I plan to have a complete overhaul of my wii console at some point (based on what I've learned today) and start a fresh on a new nand with everything backed up and restored.

I just wish, I had that tool early last year. As it seriously could of come in handy.

I would like to do this on my other Wii as i must have some old stuff on there from years ago when I originally hacked it. Must admit though, I'm actually really scared to go near it after today!

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just in case... do a nand back-up before you make any changes to your console. I would do a SysCheck, just to be sure that it's up-to-date. I did one earlier and I know my console is up-to-date (despite having beta d2x cIOSes).

Anyway... I'vee hardly ever needed to back-up my own nand and I've always known what I'm doing, especailly when I'm trying my best to share my experiences and knowledge based on what I probably know (even if I don't, I would have a guess anyway).

Natazza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes sounds like a very good idea! My other Wii doesn't have bootmii as boot2 though so will have to look into how to do a nand backup on it as i can't remember.

I think my confidence has been knocked with this as even though I followed everything and did a nand backup it has still gone wrong (and my other Wii has less brick protection which is even scarier!)

Homebrew Ninja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
@[member='Homebrew Ninja']

Latest wii's are unable to read non official game discs. So, games burned on dvd-r won't work on those. What most people do is using an external usb harddisk and an usb loader.

If you wan't to leave your real nand intact and use an emulated nand, neek is what you need. It allows the use of multiple emulated nands on either sd (sneek) or usb drive (uneek)
It also has the best compatibility with VC's and wiiware installed on the emulated nand.
I've had the wii for quite a while just never bothered to mod it. Pretty sure it it doesn't have one of the D3-2 drives. Just wasn't sure which options I'm meant to click in Modmii. I think running Neogamma on an emulated NAND is what I'm after.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 229 steam games more than I thought