Votes: 120 11.9%

• Total voters

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Remove Priiloader
Remove Any IOSes above slot 200 (use ATD MOD)
Install clean unpatched IOSes
Update BC & MIOS
Remove & Delete anything else from the console that's nothing to do with or officially endorsed by Nintendo.

And finally... Remove Homebrew Channel & BootMii (do that last)

Edit: ignore everyone else and just do that. As I'm starting to get confused by everyone commenting at once.

Sorry XFlak...

Natazza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Remove Priiloader
Remove Any IOSes above slot 200 (use ATD MOD)
Install clean unpatched IOSes
Update BC & MIOS
Remove Homebrew Channel & BootMii (do that last)

Edit: ignore everyone else and just do that. As I'm starting to get confused by everyone commenting at once.

Sorry XFlak...
Lol!! Ok, thanks. sorry, stupid question but how to I remove Priiloader, HBC & Bootmii?

And where do I get the IOSes etc?

Sorry!!

Edited to add that I would search for all this but I'm really grateful that you are helping me and don't want to spend ages trying to search for all this stuff when you may be good enough to be waiting to see how I get on.

Natazza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks guys,

So making a new nand would be the last shot to try to unbrick it then?

And using Modmii and anytitle deleter would return it back to a non working but returnable state?

Just want to clarify

Edit: Just seen your edit LWares87. So I need to make a new Nand then? Oh dear, totally out of my depth..... :(

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
OK, here we go.

Once you have punes app up and running..
1. Click "Nand Dump" in the menu bar, and then "New Nand".
2. Click the big button that says "Existing Nand", and navigate to and select your NAND dump that you made using BootMii.
3. Click "OK" (the app might hang for a minute or 2 while it builds the blank NAND image for you)
4. In the first Text Box area in the upper left corner of the app, and type in "4.2e" and then click the button that says "Get it".
5. Wait for a bit for to download everything and install it to the NAND image.
6. Copy that NAND image to the root of your SD card and make sure it is named "nand.bin"
7. Run bootmii on your wii and go to the restor nand option.
8. Donate money to giantpune
9. Profit (hopefully).

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
download the dll's, ohneswanzenegger and nandbincheck from here:
http://forum.wiibrew.org/read.php?17,66182

extract them to the same folder

run the app, in the top left where in other apps it usually says "File", select "Nand Dump", then click the big button that says "Existing Nand...", then select your nand.bin backup, then click OK. Done, you'll find the new nand saved as "testNand.bin"

then open a cmd window where all the files are saved (hold shift, right click, open cmd window here), then enter "nandBinCheck.exe testNand.bin" to make sure the testnand was built ok.

Then rename testnand.bin to nand.bin, save it to the root of your sd card and restore it using bootmii

before doing any of this, you should wait for confirmation of these steps from DeadlyFoez as I've never actually used ohneswanzenegger before, I just opened it up and started playing with it now for the first time, but I'm pretty sure the steps I wrote above are correct.

edit: looks like I missed a step or 2, see Foez's instructions above and ignore mine. But u can still use the download links from this post to make sure u are running the latest version of the apps.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
download the dll's, ohneswanzenegger and nandbincheck from here:
http://forum.wiibrew...ad.php?17,66182

extract them to the same folder

run the app, in the top left where in other apps it usually says "File", select "Nand Dump", then click the big button that says "Existing Nand...", then select your nand.bin backup, then click OK. Done, you'll find the new nand saved as "testNand.bin"

then open a cmd window where all the files are saved (hold shift, right click, open cmd window here), then enter "nandBinCheck.exe testNand.bin" to make sure the testnand was built ok.

Then rename testnand.bin to nand.bin, save it to the root of your sd card and restore it using bootmii

before doing any of this, you should wait for confirmation of these steps from DeadlyFoez as I've never actually used ohneswanzenegger before, I just opened it up and started playing with it now for the first time, but I'm pretty sure the steps I wrote above are correct.
You missed the biggest step, but you also added a step that I totally forgot about which was running nandbincheck.exe

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys, I'm in the middle of doing this now, nice easy to follow steps thanks!
Just make sure that before you flash the nand image to your wii you run it through pune's other app nandBinCheck.

You will need to run the app from the command prompt since it does not have a GUI. use the command below
Code:
nandbincheck nand.bin -all
That is assuming you have already make sure that the nand image is named "nand.bin" and the app and nand image are in the same directory/folder.

Natazza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks guys, I'm in the middle of doing this now, nice easy to follow steps thanks!
Just make sure that before you flash the nand image to your wii you run it through pune's other app nandBinCheck.

You will need to run the app from the command prompt since it does not have a GUI. use the command below
Code:
nandbincheck nand.bin -all
That is assuming you have already make sure that the nand image is named "nand.bin" and the app and nand image are in the same directory/folder.

Mmm, I have renamed it nand.bin and it is in the same folder as the app but it is coming up with invalid command

Edit: ignore this, checking it now

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?