Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I can't remember off the top of my head, but u can use krafter's savegame restore to manage your gamesaves on an emulated nand. There's another similar app by someone else but I can't remember the name atm.

btw, why are you bothering with ohneswanzenegger anyway? what is your end overall goal?

blampert

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I successfully followed the modmii instructions and everything on my wii is working perfectly. But it is not recognizing my external hard drive where I store my games. I formated it using the WBFS manager and successfully imported them to the hard drive via WBFS as well, but after plugging it in the right USB port on the back and selecting the USB loader from the wii menu, it already states "plugin USB device" at the top and even after selecting to continue, it eventually reverts back to the Wii Menu. Any Ideas? I've had it modded a long time ago and use the usb configurable loader and it always worked back then. Might the port be bad now?

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't remember off the top of my head, but u can use krafter's savegame restore to manage your gamesaves on an emulated nand. There's another similar app by someone else but I can't remember the name atm.

btw, why are you bothering with ohneswanzenegger anyway? what is your end overall goal?
Just felt like using a program i never used before, was intrigued by the name and felt like "re-virginizing a wii" lol. Pretty much I had softmodded her brother's wii over a year ago, when I didn't know wtf I was doing and it was extremely outdated, code dumping everywhere and just right down performing like shit (and before people start jumping all over me I know I could have just updated the softmod but I felt like dumping, formatting and then dumping the nand back to the Wii just cuz I could, I'm also aware of the bricking risks believe me.)

I pretty much wanted to start with a fresh NAND on the Wii itself, but since there's no way to batch re-install all save games I deleted without playing them first, I'm just going to update the softmod, no biggie. I also wanted to know which folder held save files on NAND extracts for my own personal knowledge base, but I'm sure I can use the programs suggested and see which files they modify where ;)

Thanks for the heads up and I'm open to any suggestions or any further advice you might have on the matter, I had some free time on my hands and felt like messing around with stuff i was curious about and never used.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
if you just want to update the softmod, resoftmod it using ModMii as if it's never been softmodded before. There's no point in flashing the nand to update the softmod, it's just a waste of time and adding more risk to the process.

@[member='blampert'], I recommend u try reformatting your hdd as fat32, wbfs partitions are yesterday's news. You could also try using a different cIOS to load your usb-loader\HDD to see if you get better recognition.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus

ModMii for Windows
Version 6.0.2 Released!
by XFlak

Download ModMii Installer Here

Download Spanish ModMii Installer Here
Spanish version not updated yet, still at v5.1.1

Download Italian ModMii Installer Here
Italian version not updated yet, still at v4.8.2

Download French ModMii Installer Here
French version not updated yet, still at v4.6.1

Download Dutch ModMii Installer Here
Dutch version not updated yet, still at v4.6.1

See first post for more info.
6.0.2 Changelog

• Updated syscheck to v2.1.0.b17 and removed the beta syscheck download as the latest version should work for everyone. Some minor changes were made to ModMii's sysCheck Updater feature to better analyze the latest syscheck logs.
  • Updated all DarkWii System Menu Themes (CSMs and System Menu WADs) to v2 (updated iplsettings to 4.3, thanks diddy81!). The only noticable change is that 4.3E Emulated NANDs with themes installed for their first boot will now also be able to accept the EULA to use the Shopping channel and WiiConnect24 (other system menu version's never experienced the problem with v1 themes).
  • Updated the HackMii Installer video included in ModMii's custom guides. Thanks DeadlyFoez!
  • ModMii, now match making Mii's in time for Valentine's Day!
  • Other Minor Changes.

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just curious to ask, is sneek2o +di r75 broken or something? As I had a black screen for ages...

This is with a new emulated NAND which I created through ModMii with HBC 1.0.8, DML (with cheat support) and cIOS d2x installed.

Is there anyway with those tools to "ghost" an existing Wii NAND onto another console? As long as I have their key.bin from their backup.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
This is with a new emulated NAND which I created through ModMii with HBC 1.0.8, DML (with cheat support) and cIOS d2x installed.

Is there anyway with those tools to "ghost" an existing Wii NAND onto another console? As long as I have their key.bin from their backup.

you can use punetwiin or betwiin to convert a nand.bin to work with a different Wii, but again it's just adding another layer of risk (ie. unique bad blocks) when u could just resoftmod
I think LWares87 meant something different, but did not understand what he was trying to say.

@[member='LWares87'], if you meant to ask if you could use someone else's emulated nand or a file system dump of their nand, then yes. But if you did mean exactly what you wrote then ignore this post.

Shag

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why is modmii telling me to update after I already updated? I installed all of this and it tells me this again

gallery_279861_905_18462.jpg

any help would be apprieciated

thanks

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just to ask... if i wanted to compile sneek2o+di or sneek2o off-line through ModMii, what files do i need to download and where do i get them from?

I'm looking to build a nand with the following:
Red DarkWii 4.3E System Menu Theme (i have this as a wad already, if it can be used)
Priiloader and Hacks installed

I have everything else that i need already (ioses/cioses, channels, bc, mios/cmios, eula and region select) as wads.

Edit: I've already downloaded "neek2o-r72.zip", "priiloader_uneek2.zip" and "nswitch1.0.zip".
I've also downloaded the latest version of ModMii, as well.

What else do i need to download?

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@[member='Shag'],
can you try using 2.1.0.b17? It's the version of syscheck on ModMii v6.0.2's Download page 2.

@[member='LWares87'],
just build it once "online" using ModMii, then the second time ModMii will not need the internet and be able to build it "offline". ModMii saves a copy of IOSs, system menu, themes, neek, priiloader, hacks, etc. to it's "temp" folder, so that the same file never needs to be downloaded twice.

Shag

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks XFlak,

That corrected the issue :yaywii: I thought I downloaded the latest version from modmii, come to find out when I went to install b17 I found b7 on my usb drive and current build on sd. I must have grabbed b7, forgetting it was on hdd.

thanks again,

Shag

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@LWares87 Would you please stop it with the custom colors? It's really annoying.
There's nothing wrong with being colourful once in a while. :)

I've removed the code from my previous post, anyway. If it makes you happy! Lol :L

@[member='LWares87'],
just build it once "online" using ModMii, then the second time ModMii will not need the internet and be able to build it "offline". ModMii saves a copy of IOSs, system menu, themes, neek, priiloader, hacks, etc. to it's "temp" folder, so that the same file never needs to be downloaded twice.

@[member='XFlak']: isn't there a make-shift solution? as I haven't got my own internet connection and I've only got my blackberry. Also, it will lag like hell trying to download the files through ModMii.

Reactions: 1 person

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Why would it lag like hell? Are you talking about running ModMii on your blackberry? I didn't think\realize it would work on BBs, if it does, that's cool to know :P

if u tell me specifically what u settings u want to build your emunand, I can try to tell you how\where to grab the files from and where to save them. But frankly it's going to be a pain in my ass and it will definitely have to wait until after work (not something I have time to do on my lunch break, lol). The easiest solution for u would be to borrow a friends PC\wifi connection to use ModMii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol +1