Votes: 63 6.2%
  • No, and I posted what went wrong

Votes: 120 11.9%

• Total voters

Patryc

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for your reply, thats what i thought but not 100% sure. I will install 4.1 don't think 4.2 adds much anyway.

lukands

I took the little bus here
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
@BaudhayanLahiri, I'm glad it all worked out for you! You are more than welcome to donate in whatever currency you want :D

@Pong20302000, I just double checked loading a syscheck log from the root of my C drive as well as on a network drive and confirm that drag and drop still works for me. Can you upload your syscheck.csv somewhere and I'll take a look at it. Which version of syscheck u using btw?
@ XFlak.....I also posted (a couple up from Pong`s) I was having the same problem , using the most up to date version of syscheck. I had to type the path in to get it to work, I tried everything with drag and drop didn`t work.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
you can manually disable autoupdates by adding the following line to support\settings.bat
Code:
set AUTOUPDATE=off
I need a lot more info on your problem if I'm expected to solve it. But I'm 99% sure that if u were to try a different PC it would work, which leads me to believe something is weird in your windows environment

Wii_Juggalo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can manually disable autoupdates by adding the following line to support\settings.bat
Code:
set AUTOUPDATE=off
I need a lot more info on your problem if I'm expected to solve it. But I'm 99% sure that if u were to try a different PC it would work, which leads me to believe something is weird in your windows environment

I don't have a settings.bat i have a settings.exe though. Ur probably right about my windows enivironment which really sucks because i don't have access to another computer and I have no idea where to begin trying to fix the windows environment.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
create a new text document and rename it settings.bat, then add in the text I posted above and save it.

Have you tried checking for windows updates?

To fix your windows, you could always reformat your PC. Or if you prefer u can install vmware and then install windows as a virtual machine.

Reactions: 1 person

Wii_Juggalo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
create a new text document and rename it settings.bat, then add in the text I posted above and save it.

Have you tried checking for windows updates?

To fix your windows, you could always reformat your PC. Or if you prefer u can install vmware and then install windows as a virtual machine.

Dude vmware is an awesome idea! Kinda feel dumb that I didn't think of that before. I'll come back and give the results. Thanks XFlak

lukands

Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
@BaudhayanLahiri, I'm glad it all worked out for you! You are more than welcome to donate in whatever currency you want :D

@Pong20302000, I just double checked loading a syscheck log from the root of my C drive as well as on a network drive and confirm that drag and drop still works for me. Can you upload your syscheck.csv somewhere and I'll take a look at it. Which version of syscheck u using btw?
@ XFlak.....I also posted (a couple up from Pong`s) I was having the same problem , using the most up to date version of syscheck. I had to type the path in to get it to work, I tried everything with drag and drop didn`t work.
when u drag and drop is the path the same as when u type it? If not, what are the differences (plz provide both paths)?
Yes same path, I even tried a few ways (from the SD card, from inside the ModMii folder, from the C drive, etc....) I admit I am not a pro but can understand directions and kind of know what I am doing, LOL.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
so let me get this straight... u drag and drop the files and it doesn't work. But when you type out the exact same path that showed up when u dragged and dropped it actually worked? That doesn't sound right to me... all the drag and drop really does is save u from typing the path. Anyways, if it works by typing out the exact same path as the drag-drop then I am at a loss.

lukands

Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
so let me get this straight... u drag and drop the files and it doesn't work. But when you type out the exact same path that showed up when u dragged and dropped it actually worked? That doesn't sound right to me... all the drag and drop really does is save u from typing the path. Anyways, if it works by typing out the exact same path as the drag-drop then I am at a loss.
I have never used the syscheck updater part of ModMii so I`m not sure what its suppose to look like, but when you drag and drop it, should it show the path automatically (just as you would typing it)?? because it doesn`t even do that.
And yes in the end it still worked typing it out so no worries (just being lazy to type it, easier to drag/drop)

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm having display issues with my Wii Shop Channel since having updated my softmods with ModMii. The image is unstable, flickers, and has lines through it.
It only seems to be an issue with the shop channel. I've seen similar things happen when loading some games in usbloader in the past but, it usually settles after 10 seconds or so.

Any idea? My googling has come up with nothing so far.

Has NOTHING to do with Modmii.
It's your Wii + TV setup.
I'd have thought so too, I'd assumed that it was to do with forced videomode or something when it happened at the start of games. Except the previous version of the Shop Channel I had installed worked fine and has only been an issue since updating the shop with ModMii, also the fact that isn't an issue in anything *except* the shop. To be honest it doesn't strike me as something ModMii *did* to my Wii, but it's the only thing I've done between it working and not working. So, this is my first stop for troubleshooting.
There doesn't seem to be any tweaking tv side I can do to fix it. So, I'm stumped.

Anybody else have any ideas or further explanation as to *what* is causing it if not the ModMii update process.

BASILISP

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
First of all I'd like to say THANK YOU to everyone that made modmii. It works perfectly. I was recommended to update through modmii at version 4.2. and I'd like to know what if a game needs 4.3 firmware to work? Can I update it again or there is another way to play those games ? Thanks again!

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The upgrade from 4.2 to 4.3 only added IOS58 if I remember well.
It can be installed on it's own without the need to upgrade the system menu as well.
Another thing is the shopping channel. That can be upgraded to the latest version as well withou the need to upgrade the system menu.
The upgrade fixed the bannerbomb exploit. Games don't really need it. If a game doesn't run, it's usually because the ios it needs isn't there.

lisa200

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My wii is currently on 3.1E and has an original wiikey installed.

I have installed homebrew channel and its using ios38 v 14.25

installed bootmii/boot 2

created backup NAND

Loaded wiimod via homebrew to install wads and I get a Black Screen

any ideas what im doing wrong?

also should my wii still be showing 3.1 ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Xdqwerty, Go to sleep.