Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I'd thought about that and it would be such a pain in the ass... oh god, why didn't I learn C++ ??? If I ever add something like that, it would have to be on ModMii vFinal, cuz I'm never gonna wanna update that shit, lol

edit:
I really appreciate your help though & it's really awesome to see u in this thread
biggrin.gif

edit2:
actually, thinking about it more, I'm actually gonna write that on my to do list for ModMii Final

flashingblade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have wanted to soft mod my wii for a while now but was worried it would be too complicated for me.I finally took the plunge and installed modmii.It has worked perfectly and i just want to see a big thank you to xflak.Is anyone is not sure about doing this,as long as you follow the instructions you'll be fine.If i can manage it anyone can!

Can i just ask something about saves? If i copy a game i own to my external hard drive will i still have the saves from the original game.Also do backup games save progress as well?

Thanks again

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
flashingblade said:
I have wanted to soft mod my wii for a while now but was worried it would be too complicated for me.I finally took the plunge and installed modmii.It has worked perfectly and i just want to see a big thank you to xflak.Is anyone is not sure about doing this,as long as you follow the instructions you'll be fine.If i can manage it anyone can!

Can i just ask something about saves? If i copy a game i own to my external hard drive will i still have the saves from the original game.Also do backup games save progress as well?

Thanks again
yes.you can still play your saves from games. they are saved on the wii's nand. an backups don't have any problems saving games.
ok now for my report for mod mii. everything on my end is going great( i never aspect less from this program.). other then the first problem i mentioned. with it not saying it can't find/ no files.. to download, but still manages to download them.. will go more in depth tonight when i have some more free time. as always thanks for your hard work xflak.

flashingblade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shortz1994 said:
flashingblade said:

Thanks again
yes.you can still play your saves from games. they are saved on the wii's nand. an backups don't have any problems saving games.

Thats fantastic.Thanks for the speedy reply!

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
@XFlak, pune has the right idea, but damn, talk about a huge revamp to modmii. That would be the biggest overhaul that modmii has ever gone through. That would be fucking killer if you could pull it off. But this all springs in a lot of ideas of what you can do with the installer and other things.

The only downside is that modmii.bat would probably shrink quite a bit in size so you would have to come up with a shit load more ideas if you ever want to break that 1MB mark
biggrin.gif

gaspazet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Edit:
Modmii was excellent, but i had some problems with the games during loading screens,so i will make a post to the other thread(Noob paradise) for further assistance.
Thanks again for the tool,i will come back to post when i correct my issues.

comfort

Trophies
XP
Country
First of all.. thank you for this fantastic program.

I installed everything on a 4.3e Wii using the Letterbomb option and I now have a HomeBrew Channel. I have also used WiiBackupManager to copy a game to an external hdd and played that using the USBLoader and that is working fine.

The only problem is that I burnt an iso file to a blank dvd and the wii will not recognise it. I have verified it using imgburn and everything seems fine but the wii will not recognise it or play it at all.

Is there some step that I have missed somewhere along the way ??

ChrisLuther

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
comfort said:

I installed everything on a 4.3e Wii using the Letterbomb option and I now have a HomeBrew Channel. I have also used WiiBackupManager to copy a game to an external hdd and played that using the USBLoader and that is working fine.

The only problem is that I burnt an iso file to a blank dvd and the wii will not recognise it. I have verified it using imgburn and everything seems fine but the wii will not recognise it or play it at all.

Hopefully you're not condoning piracy.
If you want to play backup copies then you will need to install Darkcorp or a MOD chip
Stick to loading games off USB HDD.

chop

Trophies
XP
Country
ChrisLuther said:
comfort said:

If you want to play backup copies then you will need to install Darkcorp or a MOD chip

Wrong.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
chop said:
ChrisLuther said:
comfort said:

Wrong.
Lol, that is a pathetic response.

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
comfort said:

You need a chipped DVD drive in order to play backups from discs. Softmod is not enough to get the DVD to play burned discs.
There are also DVD's which cant be chipped (pretty much every wii after -09 or something). If you have one of those drives, your only option is to replace it or buy a WODE (at least, I THINK wode can play backups from an external DVD...)

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Lucif3r said:
comfort said:

You need a chipped DVD drive in order to play backups from discs. Softmod is not enough to get the DVD to play burned discs.
There are also DVD's which cant be chipped (pretty much every wii after -09 or something). If you have one of those drives, your only option is to replace it or buy a WODE (at least, I THINK wode can play backups from an external DVD...) use a usb-loader
fixed your answer for u
biggrin.gif

btw, a wode would work but its not the best solution, so I changed that too

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
on the older wii's all u need is a cIOS and neogamma, or any usb-loader will also allow u to launch backup discs straight off the disc the same way it can with an original disc

to get this functionality on newer wii's, which btw sucks in comparison to usb-loaders IMHO, you'd need to replace the dvd drive with an older model, either than or getting a modchip

DroRox

Ambassador of Ooo
Trophies
Website
www.trifuck.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
I have a Wii on 4.2 and I just used Modmii to download the darkwii orange theme. I got the one in the middle column 4.2U DarkWII Orange System Menu. Is that all I need? because there was one on the left called 4.2U DarWii Orange CSM. Do I need both? Or just one? If not whats the difference between each?

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
the csm is just the theme, and is installed using mymenuify. If you're already on 4.2, u should use this method as it does not reinstall the entire system menu and therefore will not overwrite\uninstall priiloader.

the wad is the entire system menu including the theme, and it is installed using a wad manager. If you're updating to 4.2, installing this wad saves you the trouble of having to install the new system menu and theme separately. This will uninstall priiloader and it should be reinstalled immediately.

shgadlic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Hi, first time using the modmii and wnated to ask a question.
i'm tring to fix my firends wii that stoped reading discs at all.
it isnt bricked, i can get to the system menu, but i found out that he bought a modifided korean wii.
its been modifided to 4.0u (we are living in a pal region, so that really stupid) can the modmii
help me updated the wii to its latest frimware and even turn it to 4.3e?

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
shgadlic said:
Hi, first time using the modmii and wnated to ask a question.
i'm tring to fix my firends wii that stoped reading discs at all.
it isnt bricked, i can get to the system menu, but i found out that he bought a modifided korean wii.
its been modifided to 4.0u (we are living in a pal region, so that really stupid) can the modmii
help me updated the wii to its latest frimware and even turn it to 4.3e?
4.1E is as far as you want to go, unless you want to brick. No improvements came after 4.1 anyway, which is why ModMii will never suggest updating past 4.1.

shgadlic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
oh i see. so i acted stupidly cos i updated to 4.3 using the modmii anyhow.
it didn't brick my wii but got me duplicate channels of news and wheter.
and i cant get to the wii setting.
do i need to restore the nand? (i have a backup ofcurse)
or can i restore the wii setting in any other way.

this isnt the first time i've modded a wii but it is my first time modding a region changed korean wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries