• No, and I posted what went wrong

Votes: 120 11.9%

• Total voters

Rico007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I FINALLY used ModMii for the first time! (I've had it for ages when it still was NUS Auto Downloader XD)

I used it to rehack my wii just to make sure it is as most up to date as possible.

I knew using it was easy, I didn't know it was THIS easy! ^^

Just wanted to say thank you for such a great program! ^^ Am suggesting this to all my friends.

Just one thing, I used the USB Loader Wizard + Guide, and I put everything in my HDD according to the generated guide. No matter what I did I couldn't access Wiiflow or CFG Loader. Neither through the forwared challen from the full hack or the new Homebrew Channel. I had to put Wiiflow and CFG Loader in the apps folder of my SD card in order to access them.

Just wanted to throw that in there.

Thanks ^^

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
ModMii uses cmd line patchios.exe + libwiisharp, but there are a lot of tools that can do that on windows or on your Wii.

@auriga1000, if u got this error using modmii, which i doubt, then its because u did not tell ModMii that your wii was a Korean region changed Wii when it really was and you also chose a 4.2 or 4.3 upgrade.

003 errors don't belong in this thread, good luck fixing it, but I have no experience in that area

@Rico, it could be your harddrive, maybe its partitioned oddly. Is it fat32? The new forwarder channel should be able to launch it off of either fat32 or ntfs, but the HBC can only read FAT32 (obviously u'd have to hit 1 to access the menu to change the settings to load of USB instead of SD)

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I use a pretty complex process, I'll explain in the spoiler below, but its a fair amount of work

first i install the cIOS on my Wii using the official installer
then I dump the cIOS using bluedump version a3 non-fakesigning version
most ppl can stop here as u can keep these wads, u just can't share them

then on windows I unpack both the base IOS and the cIOS
then I calculate the md5 of all the unpacked files for both IOSs
then I compare the files and their hashes

from there I group the unpacked files into different categories,
1) the files that are in the cIOS that are found in the base IOS can just be downloaded from nus,
2) the files that are new come from waninkoko or hermes, and they can be shared as long as u have their source code also available for download,
3) then there are files that are found in both IOSs but changed/patched. For these files I use jdiff and jpatch to be able to create and apply diff files to recreate wanin's/hermes' patches.

once i'm able to recreate all the component files of the cIOS, I just repack the wad

the trick is automating that process, and once u've created the diff files its pretty easy, check out ModMii's source code for the specific cmd line code I use to create cIOSs in wad form

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Another quick question:

What about making xdelta patches for IOS files? I made one, but the patch is nearly as big as the unmodified IOS wad. Can I share this patch or does it seem likely that the patch contains copyrighted stuff?

TheWon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick dumb question!
Where the hell is the Unfreezemii.bat file!
Been trying to download for the past hour! It says to use it but I can't seem to find it!

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
WiiBricker said:
Another quick question:

What about making xdelta patches for IOS files? I made one, but the patch is nearly as big as the unmodified IOS wad. Can I share this patch or does it seem likely that the patch contains copyrighted stuff?

nah, u can't share that, the wad files are encrypted so when building the diff files it doesn't find ANY similarities between the 2 files and the diff files are larger because they contain all sorts modified encrypted ninty content, thats why u need to unpack the wads to get at the unencrypted content

QUOTE(TheWon @ Dec 28 2010, 03:26 AM) Quick dumb question!
Where the hell is the UnfreezeWii.bat file!
Been trying to download for the past hour! It says to use it but I can't seem to find it!

it's saved wherever ModMii.exe is saved, probably in C:\ModMii\

alternatively, u select the frozen ModMii window, and type ctrl+C and it will ask to terminate, say No "N"

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
XFlak said:
WiiBricker said:
Another quick question:

nah, u can't share that, the wad files are encrypted so when building the diff files it doesn't find ANY similarities between the 2 files and the diff files are larger because they contain all sorts modified encrypted ninty content, thats why u need to unpack the wads to get at the unencrypted content

xdelta patches are used for ROMs. ROMs are also encrypted. If it is true what you said ShowMiiWads can unpack the patch, but it failed, it didnt even detect the patch (renamed in *.wad). So what does that mean?

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I have here a IOS36-64-v3607.wad and a IOS249[36]-v21.wad dumped with bluedump. I downloaded delta patcher from here and made a patch. This patch has the file extension *.xdelta and is nearly as big as the IOS36-64-v3607.wad. If I apply the patch to IOS36-64-v3607.wad, I'll get IOS249[36]-v21.wad.

You said IOS wads are encrypted and therefore delta patcher cannot find similarities between the 2 IOS files. So the patch file should be an unaltered IOS36-64-v3607.wad. I checked it by renaming the xdelta patch to *.wad and trying to unpack it with ShowMiiWads. But ShowMiiWads couldnt unpack it, because it's not a wad file.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
1st off, I use jdiff and jpatch, and i found it to work great

but in any case, u need to share and apply the diff file to the original file (ie. the one legally downloaded from nus), to get the modified file, which then u need to REPACK into a wad BEFORE loading with showmiiwads. I use cwstjdenob's mod of Leathl's wadmii.exe to unpack and repack wads to get at the unencrypted content.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Yes, that's great. But I thought perhaps it is possible with xdelta patches too without sharing any copyrighted content. All I want to know is wheter the created xdelta patch contains copyrighted content or not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!