Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
yes, ModMii updates all your IOSs, effectively overwriting darkcorp. You can just reinstall darkcorp afterwards and your Wii will be able to play discs from the disc channel again.

FYI, in the future, u can disable updating active IOSs in the ModMii options, thus preventing darkcorp from being overwritten in the first place

btw, u should look into using a usb loader instead of darkcorp, its much better

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ModMii 4.3.5 Custom Guide
Generated on Thu 11/11/2010 - 9:59:05.36
Check for updates at tinyurl.com/ModMiiNow

This Guide was generated using the following parameters:

* Wii is currently a virgin (un-modified)
* Current firmware is 4.2U
* Desired firmware is 4.2U

* Download Extra Brick Protection
* Update active IOSs

This software is not for sale. If you paid for this software or a "bundle" you have been scammed.

THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, NEITHER STATED NOR IMPLIED.
NO ONE BUT YOURSELF IS TO BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE THIS MAY CAUSE TO YOUR NINTENDO WII CONSOLE!
USE THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!

IMPORTANT NOTES:

*This guide does NOT require a Wifi connection on your Wii.
*An SD card formatted to FAT(32) required (Best results are with non-SDHC cards, SDHC will only work on 4.0 or above).
*If you get errors during any of the steps reformat your SD card as FAT or FAT32
*Turn off WiiConnect24 and take out all gamecube memory cards/controllers when modding the Wii (unless instructed otherwise).
*If your Wii ever freezes, hold the power button on the Wii for 5 seconds to power it off then try again.
*Don’t ever accept a new Nintendo update without first googling to see if it’s safe. The last update (to 4.3) was released in late June 2010 and is NOT safe to accept. If you accept an official Nintendo update after modding the Wii, you may lose some or all of your modifications.
*Never uninstall a system menu or IOS
*Do not install untested wads/themes without Bootmii or Priiloader installed.
*This custom guide is great start, but Wii modding is always evolving. Check for updates online, and remember, google is your friend.
*If you have questions, a more detailed guide can be found here: <a href="http://www.completesoftmodguide.tk" target="_blank">http://www.completesoftmodguide.tk</a>

1) INSTALLING THE HOMEBREW CHANNEL (HBC) AND BOOTMII

Run BannerBomb v2 by selecting the SD Card Button on the main system menu screen and choosing yes to load boot.dol/elf
Note: If it doesn't work for you, visit <a href="http://bannerbomb.qoid.us/" target="_blank">http://bannerbomb.qoid.us/</a> for more variations of either version of bannerbomb.

This runs the Hackmii Installer (and silently/automatically installs BootMii as IOS). Use the installer to install the Homebrew Channel (HBC) and Bootmii as Boot2 if possible. If you cannot install BootMii as Boot2, you also need to 'prepare an SD Card' for BootMii (as the 'BootMii' folder is required to launch BootMii as IOS or Boot2).

Note: If you get a 'no vulnerable IOS' error message, run ModMii again and this time select the 'Hackmii Solutions' option instead of 'ModMii Wizard' and follow the new instructions before continuing this guide.

After you exit the hackmii installer, you will be taken to the HBC.
Hit the home button. In the top right corner you will see the IOS used by the HBC.

If the HBC is using an IOS other than IOS58 or your homebrew channel is upside-down, make a note of it as it applies later in the guide (you will have to reinstall the HBC).

If it is using IOS58 and your HBC is not upside-down, you can skip the Reinstall The Homebrew Channel step when you get to it.

2) MAKING A NAND BACKUP

While inside the Homebrew Channel, load BootMii by pressing home and clicking Launch Bootmii.
Press the power button on the wii 3 times to get to the last option, then press the reset button. [You can also navigate with a Gamecube controller]

Press reset to choose the first option, then follow the directions on the screen to make your NAND backup. [Bad blocks are no problem.]

Backup the Bootmii folder, NAND.bin, and keys.bin elsewhere and erase from the sd card (or rename it). You'll need these in case of emergencies, so don't lose them.
Go back to The Homebrew Channel.

Note: if Bootmii was installed as boot2, then it will show up as soon as the Wii is turned on AS LONG AS it finds the bootmii folder (mentioned above) on the root of the SD card.

3) Installing a Patched IOS236

Start the Homebrew Channel.

VERY IMPORTANT!
In the Homebrew channel, if you do not have a working internet connection already set up, you will see an icon flashing in the bottom right corner of the screen indicating its inability to initialize the network. You MUST wait for the icon to stop flashing OR let it flash for 30-60 seconds before proceeding otherwise this app will error shortly after being launched. If you encounter this harmless error, power off the Wii and repeat this step from the beginning. To increase your chances of success, add a working internet connection to your Wii via the official Wii Settings Menu, but be sure to say "No" when asked to perform an update.

After waiting 30-60 seconds for the HBC to attempt to initialize the network, launch "IOS236 Installer".
Note: This app must be launched using HBC v1.0.7 or higher in order to work properly.

Push 1.
Choose "Load IOS from SD card",
Confirm your choice with the A button,
When prompted, push A to continue the installation.

When asked whether to perform Step 2, Press "2" to skip it.
Then push any button to exit.

4) INSTALL PRIILOADER

Launch Multi-Mod Manager (MMM) via the Homebrew Channel

Note: IOS36 or 236 should be loaded automatically.
If it isn't, select "Load another IOS" and select IOS36 or 236
(or any IOS you know is patched).

In Multi-Manager Mod's main menu, go down to select "App Manager",
Then select the "Priiloader installer".
After the Priiloader Installer loads, press + to install it using the loaded IOS.

Priiloader may give the following two 'yellow' errors. These are expected and are not an issue.
loader.ini couldn't delete error -106
password.txt couldn't delete error -106

After successfully installing Priiloader, access it by powering off the wii,
then powering it back and holding reset while it's booting until you see the Priiloader menu.

You should install some system menu hacks now (by going to System Menu hacks option).

RECOMMENDED HACKS: Block Disc Updates, Block Online Updates, Replace Health Screen, Auto-Press A at Health Screen, Disable Deletion of some important channels, Region-Free Everything, remove no copy save file protection, and Move Disc Channel.

The priiloader menu is white by default, you can change it to black in the Priiloader settings if you prefer.

One of the special functions of Priiloader is that it can autoboot any app/file instead of the system menu. Some apps (like crazyIntro) can't be used without it.
For details on how to do so, visit <a href="http://www.completesoftmodguide.tk/system-hacks/priiloader" target="_blank">http://www.completesoftmodguide.tk/system-hacks/priiloader</a>

5) INSTALL WADS

Load Multi-Manager Mod (MMM) via the HomeBrew Channel.
If IOS236 is not already loaded, select "Load another IOS", then select IOS236

Note: If this step fails with error -ret 2011 or other, you may need to retry patching IOS236. If the Wii was previously softmodded, you can try loading cIOS250 (or others like 202,222,223,224,236,249)

In Multi-Manager Mod's main menu, go down to select "WAD Manager".

Install the following WADs from the WAD folder (this list of WADs is unique to how you answered the Wizard's questions).

Be careful not to install any additional wads that may have been previously saved in this folder (they may be safe, but I cannot say for sure).

Hold + for 2 seconds to select all the WADs in the folder. Then Press A twice to install them all.
If any files fail to install properly, they will remain marked for installation, so just retry installing those files.

Your unique list of wads to install are as follows:

* IOS11v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP])
* IOS20v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP])
* IOS30v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP])
* IOS50v14889(IOS50v4889[FS-ES-NP])
* IOS60v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP])
* IOS70v16687(IOS70v6687[FS-ES-NP])
* cIOS202[57]-v5
* cIOS223[37-38]-v4
* cIOS222[38]-v5
* cIOS224[57]-v5
* cIOS250[38]-v20
* cIOS249[56]-v20
* RVL-cmios-v4_WiiGator_GCBL_v0.2
* IOS9v1034
* IOS12v526
* IOS13v1032
* IOS14v1032
* IOS15v1032
* IOS17v1032
* IOS21v1039
* IOS22v1294
* IOS28v1807
* IOS31v3608
* IOS33v3608
* IOS34v3608
* IOS35v3608
* IOS36v3608
* IOS37v5663
* IOS38v4124
* IOS41v3607
* IOS43v3607
* IOS45v3607
* IOS46v3607
* IOS48v4124
* IOS53v5663
* IOS55v5663
* IOS56v5662
* IOS57v5919
* IOS58v6176
* IOS61v5662
* USBLoader(s)-ahbprot58-SD-USB-IDCL
This is a forwarder channel that will load the first file it finds from the following list:
SD:/apps/usbloader_cfg/boot.dol
USB:/apps/usbloader_cfg/boot.dol
SD:/apps/usbloader/boot.dol
USB:/apps/usbloader/boot.dol
SD:/apps/usb-loader/boot.dol
USB:/apps/usb-loader/boot.dol
SD:/apps/usbloader_gx/boot.dol
USB:/apps/usbloader_gx/boot.dol
Note: First the SD Card is checked, then your USB Hard Drive (formatted as FAT32).
You should always have at least one forwarder channel installed on your Wii,
that way, in the event of accidental update, you will be able to rehack your Wii without relying on a disc based exploit

6) REINSTALL THE HOMEBREW CHANNEL (if applicable)

Earlier you should have checked what IOS is used by the Homebrew Channel (HBC). If the IOS used by your HBC is IOS58 and your HBC is not upside-down, you can skip this step.

If the HBC is using an IOS other than IOS58 or your HBC is upside-down, you should reinstall the HBC.

Launch the HackMii_Installer via the HBC.
Use the Hackmii Installer to fix/re-install the HBC. Once you've successfully reinstalled the HBC, you can move onto the next step of the guide.

If the HBC is failing to load the HackMii_Installer (just blackscreens), instead launch the Hackmii Installer using the method described in the First Step

7) AFTER MODDING

After you are done modding your Wii, you can optionally delete any unnecesarry files
by using ModMii's "File Cleanup" Feature.

If you choose not to use the File Cleanup feature, in order to avoid having your Wii freeze when accessing the SD Card Menu, you should delete the 'aktn' folder where bannerbomb is saved (SD:\private\wii\title\aktn), or rename the entire 'private' folder.

At this point you're practically done.
Now you should be downloading the latest homebrew applications and setting them up on
your SD Card (or FAT32 USB Hard Drive) so they can be launched via the HBC.

For playing your backups off a USB hard drive, run the USB-Loader Setup feature from ModMii's Main Menu

For downloading applications, you should:
* Check out ModMii's batch download pages as it has many popular apps available for download.
* Download Homebrew Browser via ModMii to get many popular apps, but this is an online only Wii application (http://www.completesoftmodguide.tk/how-to-use/hbb)
* For those without internet on their Wii, check out this list of Homebrew applications (wiibrew.org/wiki/List_of_all_homebrew).
Another great resource is webrewwii.blogspot.com

After getting whatever apps you want, you should get a boot.dol file and possibly a icon.png and meta.xml.
For HBC to read your SD/USB correctly, your card must be structured SD:/apps/application name/boot.dol
If you have a *.dol not named boot.dol, rename it boot.dol, otherwise it will not be recognized by the HBC.
(optional: the icon.png and meta.xml should be saved in the same place as the boot.dol)

8) SUPPORT XFLAK

IF MODMII WORKED FOR YOU, PLEASE VOTE IN FAVOUR OF THE PROGRAM HERE (tinyurl.com/ModMiiNow)

DONATIONS CAN OPTIONALLY BE MADE VIA PAYPAL TO [email protected]

CHECK OUT MY TOP CHANNELS HERE (tinyurl.com/topchannels)

CHECK OUT MY CRAZY INTRO VIDEOS HERE (tinyurl.com/crazyintro)

I am following this guide, but when it comes time to install IOS 236 I cannot see which option says "Load IOS from SD card" on my TV, it's cut off. I have tried changing the widescreen settings, but it doesn't seem to work.

Raggak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Also related to installed IOS236. My hamfists slipped and pressed "I want to pirate games". :/

What do I do to fix this?

EDIT: Scratch that, figured it out.

T$unami

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I use ModMii to downgrade will it overwrite the original ios, cios and delete any of the higher version sysmenu and any stubbed ios?

I ask as I upgraded using "an other guide" but now the wii seems to be choppy in the main menu's, I'd never had this problem before, so I'd like to go back to 4.1 and remod.

mtia

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
T$unami said:
If I use ModMii to downgrade will it overwrite the original ios, cios and delete any of the higher version sysmenu and any stubbed ios?
yes yes and yes

I ask as I upgraded using "an other guide" but now the wii seems to be choppy in the main menu's, I'd never had this problem before, so I'd like to go back to 4.1 and remod.

mtia
you are totally safe to use modmii to simultaneously return to 4.1 and re-softmod your wii
biggrin.gif

fgfemperor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well I've used ModMii v4.3.4 and after doing all the procedure I used ModMii's USB Loader procedure. After that my Wii got all black and white... Doesn't matter if I change my TV to PALM, PALN or NTSC, it's still black and white...
Here's my custom guide:
ModMii 4.3.4 Custom Guide
Generated on 08/11/2010 - 18:48:16,56
Check for updates at tinyurl.com/ModMiiNow

This Guide was generated using the following parameters:

* Wii is currently a virgin (un-modified)
* Current firmware is 4.2U
* Desired firmware is 4.2U

* Download Mii Channel
* Download Wii Speak Channel

* Download Extra Brick Protection
* Update active IOSs

This software is not for sale. If you paid for this software or a "bundle" you have been scammed.

THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, NEITHER STATED NOR IMPLIED.
NO ONE BUT YOURSELF IS TO BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE THIS MAY CAUSE TO YOUR NINTENDO WII CONSOLE!
USE THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!

IMPORTANT NOTES:

*This guide does NOT require a Wifi connection on your Wii.
*An SD card formatted to FAT(32) required (Best results are with non-SDHC cards, SDHC will only work on 4.0 or above).
*If you get errors during any of the steps reformat your SD card as FAT or FAT32
*Turn off WiiConnect24 and take out all gamecube memory cards/controllers when modding the Wii (unless instructed otherwise).
*If your Wii ever freezes, hold the power button on the Wii for 5 seconds to power it off then try again.
*Don’t ever accept a new Nintendo update without first googling to see if it’s safe. The last update (to 4.3) was released in late June 2010 and is NOT safe to accept. If you accept an official Nintendo update after modding the Wii, you may lose some or all of your modifications.
*Never uninstall a system menu or IOS
*Do not install untested wads/themes without Bootmii or Priiloader installed.
*This custom guide is great start, but Wii modding is always evolving. Check for updates online, and remember, google is your friend.
*If you have questions, a more detailed guide can be found here: <a href="http://www.completesoftmodguide.tk" target="_blank">http://www.completesoftmodguide.tk</a>

1) INSTALLING THE HOMEBREW CHANNEL (HBC) AND BOOTMII

Run BannerBomb v2 by selecting the SD Card Button on the main system menu screen and choosing yes to load boot.dol/elf
Note: If it doesn't work for you, visit <a href="http://bannerbomb.qoid.us/" target="_blank">http://bannerbomb.qoid.us/</a> for more variations of either version of bannerbomb.

This runs the Hackmii Installer (and silently/automatically installs BootMii as IOS). Use the installer to install the Homebrew Channel (HBC) and Bootmii as Boot2 if possible. If you cannot install BootMii as Boot2, you also need to 'prepare an SD Card' for BootMii (as the 'BootMii' folder is required to launch BootMii as IOS or Boot2).

Note: If you get a 'no vulnerable IOS' error message, run ModMii again and this time select the 'Hackmii Solutions' option instead of 'ModMii Wizard' and follow the new instructions before continuing this guide.

After you exit the hackmii installer, you will be taken to the HBC.
Hit the home button. In the top right corner you will see the IOS used by the HBC.

If the HBC is using an IOS other than IOS58 or your homebrew channel is upside-down, make a note of it as it applies later in the guide (you will have to reinstall the HBC).

If it is using IOS58 and your HBC is not upside-down, you can skip the Reinstall The Homebrew Channel step when you get to it.

2) MAKING A NAND BACKUP

While inside the Homebrew Channel, load BootMii by pressing home and clicking Launch Bootmii.
Press the power button on the wii 3 times to get to the last option, then press the reset button. [You can also navigate with a Gamecube controller]

Press reset to choose the first option, then follow the directions on the screen to make your NAND backup. [Bad blocks are no problem.]

Backup the Bootmii folder, NAND.bin, and keys.bin elsewhere and erase from the sd card (or rename it). You'll need these in case of emergencies, so don't lose them.
Go back to The Homebrew Channel.

Note: if Bootmii was installed as boot2, then it will show up as soon as the Wii is turned on AS LONG AS it finds the bootmii folder (mentioned above) on the root of the SD card.

3) Installing a Patched IOS236

Start the Homebrew Channel.

VERY IMPORTANT!
In the Homebrew channel, if you do not have a working internet connection already set up, you will see an icon flashing in the bottom right corner of the screen indicating its inability to initialize the network. You MUST wait for the icon to stop flashing OR let it flash for 30-60 seconds before proceeding otherwise this app will error shortly after being launched. If you encounter this harmless error, power off the Wii and repeat this step from the beginning. To increase your chances of success, add a working internet connection to your Wii via the official Wii Settings Menu, but be sure to say "No" when asked to perform an update.

After waiting 30-60 seconds for the HBC to attempt to initialize the network, launch "IOS236 Installer".
Note: This app must be launched using HBC v1.0.7 or higher in order to work properly.

Push 1.
Choose "Load IOS from SD card",
Confirm your choice with the A button,
When prompted, push A to continue the installation.

When asked whether to perform Step 2, Press "2" to skip it.
Then push any button to exit.

4) INSTALL PRIILOADER

Launch Multi-Mod Manager (MMM) via the Homebrew Channel

Note: IOS36 or 236 should be loaded automatically.
If it isn't, select "Load another IOS" and select IOS36 or 236
(or any IOS you know is patched).

In Multi-Manager Mod's main menu, go down to select "App Manager",
Then select the "Priiloader installer".
After the Priiloader Installer loads, press + to install it using the loaded IOS.

Priiloader may give the following two 'yellow' errors. These are expected and are not an issue.
loader.ini couldn't delete error -106
password.txt couldn't delete error -106

After successfully installing Priiloader, access it by powering off the wii,
then powering it back and holding reset while it's booting until you see the Priiloader menu.

You should install some system menu hacks now (by going to System Menu hacks option).

RECOMMENDED HACKS: Block Disc Updates, Block Online Updates, Replace Health Screen, Auto-Press A at Health Screen, Disable Deletion of some important channels, Region-Free Everything, remove no copy save file protection, and Move Disc Channel.

The priiloader menu is white by default, you can change it to black in the Priiloader settings if you prefer.

One of the special functions of Priiloader is that it can autoboot any app/file instead of the system menu. Some apps (like crazyIntro) can't be used without it.
For details on how to do so, visit <a href="http://www.completesoftmodguide.tk/system-hacks/priiloader" target="_blank">http://www.completesoftmodguide.tk/system-hacks/priiloader</a>

5) INSTALL WADS

Load Multi-Manager Mod (MMM) via the HomeBrew Channel.
If IOS236 is not already loaded, select "Load another IOS", then select IOS236

Note: If this step fails with error -ret 2011 or other, you may need to retry patching IOS236. If the Wii was previously softmodded, you can try loading cIOS250 (or others like 202,222,223,224,236,249)

In Multi-Manager Mod's main menu, go down to select "WAD Manager".

Install the following WADs from the WAD folder (this list of WADs is unique to how you answered the Wizard's questions).

Be careful not to install any additional wads that may have been previously saved in this folder (they may be safe, but I cannot say for sure).

Hold + for 2 seconds to select all the WADs in the folder. Then Press A twice to install them all.
If any files fail to install properly, they will remain marked for installation, so just retry installing those files.

Your unique list of wads to install are as follows:

* IOS11v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP])
* IOS20v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP])
* IOS30v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP])
* IOS50v14889(IOS50v4889[FS-ES-NP])
* IOS60v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP])
* IOS70v16687(IOS70v6687[FS-ES-NP])
* cIOS202[57]-v5
* cIOS223[37-38]-v4
* cIOS222[38]-v5
* cIOS224[57]-v5
* cIOS250[38]-v20
* cIOS249[56]-v20
* RVL-cmios-v4_WiiGator_GCBL_v0.2
* Mii Channel (Region Free)
* Wii Speak (USA)
* IOS9v1034
* IOS12v526
* IOS13v1032
* IOS14v1032
* IOS15v1032
* IOS17v1032
* IOS21v1039
* IOS22v1294
* IOS28v1807
* IOS31v3608
* IOS33v3608
* IOS34v3608
* IOS35v3608
* IOS36v3608
* IOS37v5663
* IOS38v4124
* IOS41v3607
* IOS43v3607
* IOS45v3607
* IOS46v3607
* IOS48v4124
* IOS53v5663
* IOS55v5663
* IOS56v5662
* IOS57v5919
* IOS58v6176
* IOS61v5662
* usbloader(s)-(emulators)-IDCL
This is a forwarder channel that will load the first file it finds from the following list:
FAT:/apps/usbloader_cfg/boot.dol
FAT:/apps_emulators/usbloader_cfg/boot.dol
FAT:/apps/usbloader/boot.dol
FAT:/apps_emulators/usbloader/boot.dol
FAT:/apps/usb-loader/boot.dol
FAT:/apps_emulators/usb-loader/boot.dol
FAT:/apps/usbloader_gx/boot.dol
FAT:/apps_emulators/usbloader_gx/boot.dol
Note: First the SD Card is checked, then your USB Hard Drive (formatted as FAT32).
You should always have at least one forwarder channel installed on your Wii,
that way, in the event of accidental update, you will be able to rehack your Wii without relying on a disc based exploit

6) REINSTALL THE HOMEBREW CHANNEL (if applicable)

Earlier you should have checked what IOS is used by the Homebrew Channel (HBC). If the IOS used by your HBC is IOS58 and your HBC is not upside-down, you can skip this step.

If the HBC is using an IOS other than IOS58 or your HBC is upside-down, you should reinstall the HBC.

Launch the HackMii_Installer via the HBC.
Use the Hackmii Installer to fix/re-install the HBC. Once you've successfully reinstalled the HBC, you can move onto the next step of the guide.

If the HBC is failing to load the HackMii_Installer (just blackscreens), instead launch the Hackmii Installer using the method described in the First Step

7) AFTER MODDING

After you are done modding your Wii, you can optionally delete any unnecesarry files
by using ModMii's "File Cleanup" Feature.

If you choose not to use the File Cleanup feature, in order to avoid having your Wii freeze when accessing the SD Card Menu, you should delete the 'aktn' folder where bannerbomb is saved (SD:\private\wii\title\aktn), or rename the entire 'private' folder.

At this point you're practically done.
Now you should be downloading the latest homebrew applications and setting them up on
your SD Card (or FAT32 USB Hard Drive) so they can be launched via the HBC.

For playing your backups off a USB hard drive, run the USB-Loader Setup feature from ModMii's Main Menu

For downloading applications, you should:
* Check out ModMii's batch download pages as it has many popular apps available for download.
* Download Homebrew Browser via ModMii to get many popular apps, but this is an online only Wii application (http://www.completesoftmodguide.tk/how-to-use/hbb)
* For those without internet on their Wii, check out this list of Homebrew applications (wiibrew.org/wiki/List_of_all_homebrew).
Another great resource is webrewwii.blogspot.com

After getting whatever apps you want, you should get a boot.dol file and possibly a icon.png and meta.xml.
For HBC to read your SD/USB correctly, your card must be structured SD:/apps/application name/boot.dol
If you have a *.dol not named boot.dol, rename it boot.dol, otherwise it will not be recognized by the HBC.
(optional: the icon.png and meta.xml should be saved in the same place as the boot.dol)

8) SUPPORT XFLAK

IF MODMII WORKED FOR YOU, PLEASE VOTE IN FAVOUR OF THE PROGRAM HERE (tinyurl.com/ModMiiNow)

DONATIONS CAN OPTIONALLY BE MADE VIA PAYPAL TO [email protected]

CHECK OUT MY TOP CHANNELS HERE (tinyurl.com/topchannels)

CHECK OUT MY CRAZY INTRO VIDEOS HERE (tinyurl.com/crazyintro)

fgfemperor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Even BootMii is black and white now (also are the System Menu. HBC, etc)
I tried booting a out of region game last night, maybe that was the problem? How do I get it back to normal now?

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
unfortunately, I'm not 100% sure what's causing this. I can tell u that whatever caused this problem it was not ModMii nor any other softmodding guide. I think its probably your tv somehow, try using a different tv and see if the problem goes away.

edit: it sounds like it used to be in colour, what was the last thing u did to the wii before the colour changed to black and white?

davebaol

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is your black and with bootmii installed as boot2 or ios?
If it is installed as ios you can try to reinstall the system menu.

CZroe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried UnFreezeMii and I see that it issues the "tskill nusd" command and then I get
"'tskill' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file." as if I don't have tskill. I have Win7 x64 fully up to dat, so it should have whatever .net framework this requires. How do I unfreeze ModMii?

Edit: I just killed nusd using Task Manager and I got a couple pop-ups about "IOS Patcher stopped working." Should I start all over?

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I'm pretty sure tskill works on windows 7, I'll confirm when I get on my win 7 machine later... weird that it doesn't work for u.

In the end it doesn't really matter, if for some reason ModMii freezes, just force it to close and start over. When u to tell ModMii to download a file that you already have, it will first verify the existing file then skip it (assuming it was properly verified, otherwise it will be redownloaded). So don't worry, u wont be needlessly redownloading the same files twice, ModMii is smarter than that
biggrin.gif

CZroe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
I'm pretty sure tskill works on windows 7, I'll confirm when I get on my win 7 machine later... weird that it doesn't work for u.

In the end it doesn't really matter, if for some reason ModMii freezes, just force it to close and start over. When u to tell ModMii to download a file that you already have, it will first verify the existing file then skip it (assuming it was properly verified, otherwise it will be redownloaded). So don't worry, u wont be needlessly redownloading the same files twice, ModMii is smarter than that
biggrin.gif
Perhaps there's a different one for x64?

davebaol

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Kiekoes said:
If I mod my Wii with this, can I play burnt games I downloaded?
Of course, but only if your Wii has a drive older than d3-2.
Anyway you con always play backup games from an external usb hdd.

Ato Puro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
XFlak, a quick question: I've got a 3.2U Wii with D2CKey. I want to softmod it in order to avoid loading discs, because it makes loud noises when disc reading (original or backups, it doesn't matter, but original ones run "smoother") and I don't have one of those rare LG DVD drives. I watched the video in the 1st page and it looks very easy to use it, but when I tried using it yesterday (v4.3.5.) I came across a "problem". In that video, you have the 3.2 option in the "current" and "desired firmware" screens, but with v4.3.5 you don't; you have 3.X (3.0-3.5) for current FW and 4.1-4.3 for desired FW, and I wanted to softmod my Wii but keep it at 3.2U, since I don't care about SDHC and the SD menu (I have very small interest in WiiWare and VC). So, should I do everything thing manually (I, theorically, know every step and where I can find HBC, cIOS, wad etc. needed) and stay at 3.2U or should I update to 4.1U as the wizard guide tells you to? If I can make backups of my original games and play them with USB loaders, with no need of a newer firmware/system update, could you tell me what ModMii version is used in that video and how to kill the auto-update at start? I assume it will download the latest versions of HBC, Bannerbomb, Priiloader, cIOS, wads etc.; it'll just skip the system update. If I am missing something really important from 4.0+ firmwares (besides what I alredy know), let me know it.

Ato Puro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
CZroe said:
XFlak said:

biggrin.gif
Perhaps there's a different one for x64?

I used ModMii 4.3.5 in my Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and it worked alright. No problems at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was playing need for speed remastered and said to myself this is a nice Forza remaster
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_games_developed_by_Rare Not all of them are awesome but man the hits on that list.
    Oh snap Super Offroad was by them too? lol damn
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Today I learned that the creators of the Donkey Kong games also made Sea of Thieves
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    why do i feel the sudden urge to start singing pirate's scorn from the donkey kong country cartoon?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you being for real, cause that's hard to believe, DK is Nintendo and made in japan, Sea of thieves was from Microsoft, in America. I'm not calling you a liar, just didn't know.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok yes they were both made by Rare, but DK was from Rare back then, Rare now is owned by MS. So makes since.
    +1
    They even developed a LJN game.... lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It was pretty rare
    I wonder what deal with Satan LJN worked to get Rare to make that one...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember couple years ago, they announced they were working on a Perfect Dark remake, wonder what ever happen with that?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It went into the darkness
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me and buddies used to play the hell out of Perfect Dark on N64, that and Goldeneye, was the first real PvP shooter games I remember
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    4-way split screen on a tiny 19" TV, lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you share joysticks also
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh we had the 4 controller add on thingy for n64. Duh I just got your joke, lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So you touched ends
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, but being in the boy scouts, they forced us to
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chopped down some wood for the scout master
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Big Gay Al was our Scout leader.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was actually in the scouts for 1 week, til they assigned me homework, n I was like f this, and quit, I was like 10 yrs old. And no I didn't join the girl Scouts.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Was the homework about getting to know the scout leaders
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to memorize how to tell 15 different trees species, I think, been awhile
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Could've just wrote down firewood
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Could've just wrote down firewood