OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
lilboymonkey said:
Thanks for all this! It works perfectly. I do have a question though, how do I configure it so that when I turn on the Wii, it goes straight to the system menu instead of Bootmii?
"C" from the main menu to build config files for bootmii, etc.

@everyone,
thx for all the positive feedback! I love hearing it!

sparhawk110

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lilboymonkey said:
Thanks for all this! It works perfectly. I do have a question though, how do I configure it so that when I turn on the Wii, it goes straight to the system menu instead of Bootmii?

BootMii has a config file, if you look in the program you will find an option for building a config file. Run it, and choose your settings. Set it to a few seconds before loading SysMenu automatically. I have mine set to 2sec. My opinion is. (for a boot2 setup anyway) you should give yourself just enough time to press a button so you can use bootmii if needed, but still have it quickly go to the Sysmenu.

*EDIT*
Dang XFlak, trying to help you out a bit, you beat me to it.

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
XFlak said:
randomness, can u believe I've been at gbatemp 1-year yesterday?
biggrin.gif

damn time flies, 1-year ago I was a little 'noobish' myself, lol

I've been 4 years and haven't contributed in anything, cool! ha!

icecold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks, works just fine again.

If i install the usbloader forwarder i can put whatever boot.dol i want in any of the usbloader dirs to run it?
How should i do with files like boot.elf from the bootmii installer?

edit: Thanks for the fast reply xflak.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
QUOTE said:
Thanks, works just fine again.

If i install the usbloader forwarder i can put whatever boot.dol i want in any of the usbloader dirs to run it?
yes, it will load the first boot.dol that it finds in the paths specified

How do i do with boot.elf like bootmii installer?
Most forwarder channels load either boot.dol's or boot.elf's, but I've made this channel to just launch boot.dol's from 2-3 times as many places instead. So if you want to launch a boot.elf using this channel, just use the channel to launch MMM's boot.dol, then use MMM's app launcher to launch w/e app u want (works with both boot.elf's and boot.dol's)

FYI, this is a quote from the ModMii guide...

QUOTE said:
Note: if this Wii was previously modified, and it has either the HBC, BootMii as Boot2, or a Forwarder Channel installed, you can use that instead of an exploit (as it does not require physically owning a specific game).

If using BootMii as Boot2 to install the HBC, copy the 'BootMii' folder from your previous BootMii install to the root of your SD Card (or download it using ModMii). Then boot your wii, BootMii will load, go To the SD menu, load bootmini.elf. This will load the Hackmii Installer allowing you to reinstall the HBC.

If using a Forwarder Channel, just save the boot.elf/dol from the app you want to load (ie. SD:\apps\hackmii_installer\boot.elf or SD:\apps\MMM\boot.dol) to the location used by your SPECIFIC Forwarder Channel (ie. SD:\apps\usbloader\boot.dol). Then start the channel and the Hackmii Installer will load allowing you to reinstall the HBC. Note, if your forwarder channel only loads dol's and not elf's, launch MMM's boot.dol, then use its app launcher to load the Hackmii Installer.

maximass

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I installed the PRIILOADER via apps loader then when I went to the system menu hacks it says 'coundlt find any hacks for system menu version v386'

no hacks there? Previously it would have had the choices options.

maximass

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
XFlak said:
what system menu r u running, do u have hacks.ini saved to the root of your sd card?

btw... r u trying to access the system menu hacks from MMM or from Priiloader... be sure to use priiloader (it may or may not make a difference)

I am softmod a wii from 3.4 to 4.2

I installed priiloader from iside MMM as per instructions

I also made sure I got the hack.ini from the download too

Also just checked and when I went into saved games it showed the homebrew channel in there instead of in channel area?

Just noticed another thing though the selection I said was to be update to 4.2 I just checked and wii is still on 3.4e?

Lost now

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
ok, so I am gonna guess your problem and just tell me if I am correct.

You installed priiloader successfully following the guide, u powered off the wii, then powered it back on and held the reset button as its powering on to access priiloader. From the priiloader menu, u went to system menu hacks, and then u got an error saying no hacks.ini found. Is this correct? If this is the case, double check that your have hacks.ini saved to the root of your sd card (named "hacks.ini" not "hack.ini"), if the file is there, i guess priiloader just doesn't like your sd card for some reason.

If any of this is incorrect, tell me exactly what is different.

FYI, the HBC should be in both the channels and the savegame menu's.

maximass

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
XFlak said:
ok, so I am gonna guess as your problem and just tell me if I am correct.

You installed priiloader successfully following the guide, u powered off the wii, then powered it back on and held the reset button as its powering on to access priiloader. From the priiloader menu, u went to system menu hacks, and then u got an error saying no hacks.ini found. Is this correct? If this is the case, double check that your have hacks.ini saved to the root of your sd card (named "hacks.ini" not "hack.ini"), if the file is there, i guess priiloader just doesn't like your sd card for some reason.

If any of this is incorrect, tell me exactly what is different.

FYI, the HBC should be in both the channels and the savegame menu's.

Not exactly it said ''coundlt find any hacks for system menu version v386'

I did try and download the priiloader from the site and run that but it said not fixed ios58 or something

However when I just checked the wii version it didnt update to 4.2 either with the guide download. I am going to download all files again and run again see what happens

I downloaded everything again - this time did the 3.x to 4.1 (where as last time I did the 3.x to 4.2) All working fine no issues and priiloader works now as well as wii shows 4.1e

maximass

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hope you dont mind but have another question now lol

In the guide that gets created

Where is the option to disable deletion of some important channels?

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
you're problem is your inability to follow instructions

system menu v386 is 3.4 System Menu (and there are not any hacks for this system menu), but you should have installed the 4.2 System Menu in the previous "install wads" step.

So basically, go back to the first step u skipped or did not complete successfully and repeat the guide from there. I think u should only have to go as far back as the install wads step (since u were able to install priiloader this tells me that u probably already have IOS236 installed properly)

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
maximass said:

that option is in priiloader's system menu hacks... I think that is obvious from the guide....ModMii guideINSTALL PRIILOADER

...snip...

You should install some system menu hacks now (by going to System Menu hacks option).

RECOMMENDED HACKS: Block Disc Updates, Block Online Updates, Replace Health Screen, Auto-Press A at Health Screen, Disable Deletion of some important channels, Region-Free Everything, remove no copy save file protection, and Move Disc Channel.
but u wont be able to use any system menu hacks until u do what I said in my previous post anyways.

maximass

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
XFlak said:
maximass said:

that option is in priiloader's system menu hacks... I think that is obvious from the guide....ModMii guideYou should install some system menu hacks now (by going to System Menu hacks option).

RECOMMENDED HACKS: Block Disc Updates, Block Online Updates, Replace Health Screen, Auto-Press A at Health Screen, Disable Deletion of some important channels, Region-Free Everything, remove no copy save file protection, and Move Disc Channel.
but u wont be able to use any system menu hacks until u do what I said in my previous post anyways.

As I mentioned about re-doing everythng again and worked a treat even got the hacks in there but not that one there are only 14 hacks in there (only when I re-downloed and chose 3.x to 4.1 instead of the 3.x to 4.2 option I had done)

The only hack that mentions the word channel is 'MOVE DISC CHANNEL'

maximass

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
XFlak said:
SM4.1 doesn't delete any channels, so there is no need for a hack to prevent it. That hack is only available/useful for SM's 4.2+

Ah thats good

So not a problem there then. KNew all was ok with things as been using your original downloader on quite a few machines never used the ModMii version which once you have used it and seen what you can get its pretty handy as updated the shopping channel etc for someone and other bits without the dreaded Wii forced update.

What do you think of the DARKCORP thing ever tried the lite or full version?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1