OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
sideskroll said:
Hi everyone. I'm new at these forums but not so much to the Wii modding scene. I was wondering if someone could help me with some questions I have regarding USB loaders and some particular games.

Ask away!

For instance. I've been trying to play 007: Quantum of solace for a while now and since level 1 I encountered some glitches and bugs which didn't really affected gameplay so much so I just didn't care (like sound loops, missing textures etc).

So far sounds like a bad rip...

Now, all of the sudden (and after a complete crash/freeze of the game during a cutscene) I can't keep playing the game, as soon as I load it the cutscene begins and after 5 seconds goes to a black screen and all I have left to do is to manually power off the wii.

Gotta be a bad rip.. it's possible its your usbloadergx... some revs are buggy, I prefer configurable usb loader myself, and its VERY stable

Now, I've been reading that 007: QoS is one of "those games" that give a hard time to some people. What is causing these problems?

It runs for me fine off a fat32 formatted HDD using cfg usb loader and cios249rev19base57

Is it the loader? (I'm currently using USB Loader GX through a forwarder channel). Is it the cIOS? IOS? The hacking method?)

See answers above, but definitely not the hacking method if other games are working

Should I try to re-rip the game (from my ow personal collection) and see if that helps?

YES

Should I try a different USB loader? Are devs working on compatibility issues or it is what it is, no more no less...
if re-ripping doesn't work, I recommend trying cfg usb loader. But if NO games work, its prolly your hard drive

Any help would be greatly appreciated and if this isn't the right topic to post this question (I think it may be since I modded my Wii with xFlacs NUSAD, and probably the compatibility issues are reported and documented making him the best choice to solve my doubts) please mod(s) feel free to move it to its correspondent thread.
Thanks again to everyone and ESPECIALLY xFlac for creating such a f#$%ing GREAT tool!
No prob!

Don't forget to vote in this thread's poll!

compufix

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It is clear that your Wii's and OS' knowledge are really advance .... !!!!

The only issue I do not like is the fact that I already have a USB HDD already formatted WBFS and sometimes is not recognized by the USB loader included in the packages generated.

I will great to have the option to make a double partition in the HDD, one FAT32 (850 MB) and rest of disk WBFS (up to 1 TB).

Another issue is that maybe for rookies the initial questions could be a challenge or they could have doubts when selecting any one.

FOR THE REST...I HAVE TO SAID IT AS WELL....BEST EVER...

I will do my donations in the following days...I want to get my Eastern surprise.

Congratulations...EXCELLENT AND PROFESSIONAL WORK.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I think you should consider using just ONE partition, ALL FAT32!

You may not know, but wii games can be played off of FAT32 now using proper cIOS (I recommend cIOS249rev19base57)... so a WBFS partition is NO longer required for USB-Loaders

You can try using the USB-Loader Set-Up feature in NUSAD to help with setting up 100% FAT32

If you insist on half WBFS and half FAT32, you need to partition the drive into halves, primary partition should be FAT32, then format the other partition as WBFS

PM me after donation and I'll let you in on the Easter Egg!
Thanks!

Memino

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, I noticed that the cios included are wainin version 19, can I replace all the hermes cios and wainin with most recent versions or does this affect the process in anyway? Also do you reccomend v20 and hermes v5?

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
the cIOSs I recommend are the ones marked if you choose to download recommended cIOSs, lol.

but yea, I recommend wanin v19 and hermes v5. However, if you use triiforce, rev18+ breaks triiforce support, it should be fixed in rev21, but if you want to use triiforce in the meantime, use v17b. (note that v17b does not support fat32 or ntfs usb-loading, but you can use hermes cIOSs for that instead if u have to)

Memino

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks I'll stick to your recommended cios for now.
smile.gif

Chibicon: Mine froze when downloading for ages so I restarted and it didn't hang on that bit anymore, try restarting the process.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
make sure u are using an IOS with the version patch (ie. IOS36 or 236). If you installed IOS236/36 a long time ago, it probably doesn't have the version patch and is unable to downgrade other IOSs. If this is the case, use NUSAD to help u restore the trucha bug (the methods used in NUSAD install an IOS with the version patch, so u will NOT get the -1035 error)

and if u used NUSAD to install a patched IOS236 or 36 and u are still getting this error, u probably forgot to reload to your patched IOS in MMM.

edit: disregard this post as well, since its in response to another post which should be disregarded

Chibicon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I decided to just restart the entire process and see what I missed.

When I select Install and Patch 36... I get two errors. ES_Identity I believe and Downgrading.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
It should be working for you UNLESS u somehow have the 4.3 version of IOS15 installed (which is v1031). Check what version of IOS15 is installed by looking in MMM's IOS manager. What errors are u getting exactly.

If you have IOS15v1031 installed, u need to use the 4.3 mod method to install a patched IOS236. A few pages back (prolly 10 pages back or so) I helped someone with the same problem

PS, NUSAD will be updated soon to remove the TBR step entirely
biggrin.gif

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Instead of this

Code:
3) RESTORING THE TRUCHA BUG

Start the Homebrew Channel and use it to load Multi-Mod Manager (MMM).
In MMM, Go down to select "Install & Patch IOS36" and choose express mode.

do this (using the files u downloaded using the wizard settings file I linked you to above)
3) INSTALL IOS41v3091 USING MMM's WAD MANAGER

Launch Multi-Manager Mod via the HBC, Go down to select "WAD Manager".

Navigate to the IOS41v3091 wad and hit A twice to install only that IOS.

Move onto the next step after successfully installing the wad, but you do NOT have to exit MMM.
Press B to get back to the MMM main menu.

4) DOWNGRADE IOS15 USING Trucha Bug Restorer (TBR)

In MMM, Select 'APP Manager' - Press A
Select TBR (Trucha Bug Restorer) - Press A
(If you already exited MMM, you can launch TBR via the HBC)

In TBR, Select IOS41 - Press A
Don't be impatient, wait, read - Press 1
Select 'Downgrade IOS15' - Press A
Choose 'Load IOS from SD card' - Press A, Press A again
Press A to start the install - Press A again
Press any button to exit

Note: If you get an error similar to the example below, or a DSI error after IOS15 downgrade (bunch of 'random' letters on screen), move onto the next step of the guide (as this step may have been successful).
If the next step fails, then return to the beginning of this step.

Error Example:
Setting the revision to 0
Error: ES_AddTitleFinish returned -1017
Error: Could not set the revision to 0
Downgrade failed
Press any button to exit...

5) INSTALL A PATCHED IOS236 USING MMM

Load MMM again via the HBC
Select 'Load another IOS' - load IOS15 -press A
Select IOS Manager- Press A
Press 1, select IOS36 -Press A (install cios)
Select IOS236 - press A
Set version # to v65535 -press A
Say YES to all 4 patches, install from SD card
When finished press B to get to the MMM Main Menu

edit: if u have problems with something, be more specific next time plz, don't just say "the first step failed" (remember, the guides are custom, so what your first step is may not be what the next guys first step is)

Chibicon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
3) INSTALL IOS41v3091 USING MMM's WAD MANAGER

Launch Multi-Manager Mod via the HBC, Go down to select "WAD Manager".

Navigate to the IOS41v3091 wad and hit A twice to install only that IOS.

Move onto the next step after successfully installing the wad, but you do NOT have to exit MMM.
Press B to get back to the MMM main menu.

That is the step that fails.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
what version of IOS41 and/or IOS43 do u have installed? Check the same way u did b4 using MMM's IOS Manager.

btw, was this wii softmodded before? Based on the fact that u have IOS41 installed on a non-korean, non-4.3 wii makes it sounds like some1 was doing some funky shit to your wii.

Do me a favour and tell me what version of IOS250 u have installed? If its version 65535, u don't need to do any of this stuff.

Chibicon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I softmodded this Wii myself back in the TP hack days. The last time I updated the Wii was to 4.0

Gave my Wii to my uncle while I was going to school and he updated to 4.2.

I just got it back, but seeing as I had no idea of what all he had installed on this Wii I wanted to redo all of the softmodding.

IOS250 is 65535.

So... basically, I can skip the entire TBR step and go straight to installing the WADs?

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Depending on what cIOS250 u have installed, u may or may not be able to downgrade other IOSs. So rather than hope u don't run into errors, do the following

INSTALL A PATCHED IOS236 USING MMM

Load MMM again via the HBC
Select 'Load another IOS' - load IOS250 -press A
Select IOS Manager- Press A
Press 1, select IOS36 -Press A (install cios)
Select IOS236 - press A
Set version # to v65535 -press A
Say YES to all 4 patches, install from SD card
When finished press B to get to the MMM Main Menu

Then Select 'Load another IOS' - load IOS236-press A
Then continue with your original guide at the install wads step

btw, rest easy, I am very confident that after this, you should be able to continue following the guide without any more problems

Chibicon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All of the WADs installed correctly as you anticipated.

Thanks for the help.

But, now I've hit another brick. Trying to install Priiloader.

The yellow error I'm receiving isn't mentioned in the guide I have.

QUOTE said:
ES_Identify failed, error 4294966267 (probably typed wrong... hurt my eyes reading that). ios249 not patched with ES_DIVerify? using cios (holding b and then pressing + or - ) will probably solve this.
NOTE: you need CIOS for this.

I did hold b and press +. It says I need a CIOS for this, should I download and install this: http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=12411

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c_jlLQb2_rM&pp=ygUQSGVyIG5hbWUgaXMgc29ueQ%3D%3D