Votes: 120 11.9%

• Total voters

Zorg07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
It's working for me, and where it's crashing things haven't really changed. U sure 6.6.3 was working for you? Your issue seems related to installing neek btw, it should be able to build you an emunand if you choose just that option.

Does this neek2o download link work for you?
http://ufpr.dl.sourceforge.net/project/neek2o/neek2o-rev96.zip

Do you have the zip saved to your ModMii folder? Or ModMii's temp\neek2o folder?

Try manually saving that zip you download from the link above to <ModMii directory>\temp\neek2o\neek2o-rev96.zip and try again

Do you have a <ModMii directory>\temp\7zalog.txt file? What does it say?

If you want to go the extra mile, you could open Support\ModMii.bat and go to around line 24320 and start adding extra lines with just the "pause" command to help determine which line specifically is causing the crash. Testing will go faster if you just run ModMii to install neek and not build neek plus an emunand.
I did what he told me, and it was the same result, the window keeps closing the same, as I showed in my video. In the previous version this did not happen to me.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
If you can help me help you that would be great. So if you can answer the questions you skipped that would be a great start.

If you have discord we can chat there. Maybe you would even prefer I remote into your PC and investigate directly, that's cool too if you want

randand

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi. I upgraded my wii using the syscheck option. However, now I have two Homebrew channel tiles into the home screen. How can I remove one of them? I also have an old forwarder to cfg usb loader, how can it be removed? Many thanks in advance.

Reactions: XFlak

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Simply go to data management within the Wii's official settings menu, navigate your installed channels, and delete any you don't want
Post automatically merged:

I did what he told me, and it was the same result, the window keeps closing the same, as I showed in my video. In the previous version this did not happen to me.
I think I discovered the issue with the help of someone else having similar problems. And it has to do with your Spanish windows setting.

Simple fix, you can manually apply the fix until I push another update

edit and replace:
Code:
support\sfk filter -quiet "temp\temp.txt" -rep _*" [Version "__ -rep _"."*__ -rep _"]"__ -write -yes
with:
Code:
support\sfk filter -quiet "temp\temp.txt" -rep _*" "__ -rep _"."*__ -rep _"]"__ -write -yes
this line appears twice in Support\ModMii.bat

Last edited by XFlak,
Reactions: Zorg07 and lufeig

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Awesome, I'll give it a bit more time to see if any other bugs creep up before pushing an update later this month

So far there are 2, the other has to do with French syscheck reports... maybe in the future I need to recruit more testers with non-English set ups!

Reactions: impeeza and lufeig

Zorg07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Simply go to data management within the Wii's official settings menu, navigate your installed channels, and delete any you don't want

I think I discovered the issue with the help of someone else having similar problems. And it has to do with your Spanish windows setting.

Simple fix, you can manually apply the fix until I push another update

edit and replace:
Code:
support\sfk filter -quiet "temp\temp.txt" -rep _*" [Version "__ -rep _"."*__ -rep _"]"__ -write -yes
with:
Code:
support\sfk filter -quiet "temp\temp.txt" -rep _*" "__ -rep _"."*__ -rep _"]"__ -write -yes
this line appears twice in Support\ModMii.bat
I don't understand this very well friend, could you explain more in detail. I would really appreciate it, sorry for answering very late. Thank you

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Look inside modmii's support folder, inside there is a modmii.bat file, open this is notepad or notepad++ or any text editing program. Then search for the text from the 1st codeblock from my post above, and replace it with the second codeblock. The old line appears twice in modmii.bat, replace both.

If this is too complicated don't worry it won't be too long before I push a bugfix update.

• Love
Reactions: Zorg07 and impeeza

Zorg07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Look inside modmii's support folder, inside there is a modmii.bat file, open this is notepad or notepad++ or any text editing program. Then search for the text from the 1st codeblock from my post above, and replace it with the second codeblock. The old line appears twice in modmii.bat, replace both.

If this is too complicated don't worry it won't be too long before I push a bugfix update.
Thank you, thank you very much, I can confirm that it now works on my Windows 11, here is a test video.

pkers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i followed the Modmii wizzard, installed it all the way. Reformated my usb harddrive, 1 partition/mbr/fat32. Put on a game with Wii backupmanager. Used different usb loaders, but nothing. They all start with the game info and after hitting start, black screen and eventualy an eject error. End of story

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, and it looks like he was provided some decent advice to partition the hdd with fat32 first (or just try 100% fat32) and he abandoned the thread just to repost here but providing even less relevant info this time, lol
Exactly, i posted that here to save you the headache.. ;)

Reactions: XFlak

pkers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So, in the first thread things went wrong totaly due to missunderstanding on my part. But i started again with the Modmii guide, did everything that was advised in the guide, and still nothing.
The first thing you see on this page is the question if it worked, yes or no, and why not and did you leave a reply. And so i did.

So, in the first thread things went wrong totaly due to missunderstanding on my part. But i started gain with the modmii guide, did everything that was advised in the guide, and still nothing.
The first
Exactly, i posted that here to save you the headache.. ;)
Id did al that, posted a reply with a screenshot of the harddisk. Ik was still in two partitions, wich was never a problem before

even there is a thread about using 4TB disk on Wii which is an advice and tutorial on how to format FAT32 a big disk.
also followed that guide

Ah, and it looks like he was provided some decent advice to partition the hdd with fat32 first (or just try 100% fat32) and he abandoned the thread just to repost here but providing even less relevant info this time, lol
after having no succes with formatting the hdd ( first in two partitions and second in one fat32) i used the Modmii guide, wich was very helpfull

Last edited by pkers,
Reactions: impeeza

Zorg07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
@XFlak I have a question because the syscheck report gives me this name, from cios 253 with ios base 58 that has a fakemote, because it doesn't show me as 252, I would like you to help me. Thank you
What could I do to show me the indication as in slot 252, I'm using syscheck modmii edition, is that why?

Edit: I think it's because of the revision that I installed, which was 65535, and from what I understand there is no difference with respect to rev 21011, the operation is the same, only that the older one protects it against official updates, I apologize if it meleste friend.

Captura de pantalla 2023-04-25 155838.png

Last edited by Zorg07,

Zorg07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Does slot really matter? You should be able to use any cios, even individually by game. It's just the default one is 249.
No, these are cios with a fakemote module, they allow you to use ps3 or ps4 controllers in wii games, that's why I put it in other slots when I use it, but don't worry, I already solved my problem, @XFlak doesn't need to help me. Thank you

Reactions: godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.