• No, and I posted what went wrong

Votes: 120 11.9%

• Total voters

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the explanation. Makes a lot of sense. In all honesty, the only thing I use PriiLoader for is to make it so it boots right into USB Loader GX at start so I probably wouldn't even make sure of the new features. But it's cool it's there.

Just an FYI in case you are interested, I have 3 Wiis with me and all of them have BootMii in Boot2 (I also have a Wii U but I doubt that will help you in any way unless you plan on adding vWii hacking in ModMii) so if you need anyone to test anything for you please let me know either here or in PM.

Reactions: jeannotte

ter2li_null

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
is there any risk in using modmii to re-hack my wii (4.3U) at all? well, i followed the tutorial on wii.guide perfectly—in addition to what is required on the guide—i just changed the theme with mymenuify, added a snes emulator and ftpii

i did not use my wii for a year, and now that i have tried to use it it is always screening "exception (DSI) ocurred/exception (program) ocurred"; between that i simply replace the old (last official) version of the usb loader gx with the blackb0x version, then the errors started so i put back the old version from a backup, replacing the new one, but the errors remained... i do not think it has anything to do with it, but apart from the fact that the wii was off for a year, the "update" was the only thing i did so i considered re-hacking to see if everything works out but i fear that this will cause more problems >.<

>edit: maybe something has corrupted, i will see if i can get a new sd card and relocate everything before trying to re-hack

Last edited by ter2li_null,

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got another question for you. I was trying out the No-Homebrew exploit method to connect to Wiimmfi over at https://wii.guide/wiimmfi and no matter how many times I tried, I couldn't get it to work. I discovered that some routers will always use the default DNS settings and ignore whatever DNS settings I set in the Wii. So still thinking about a No-Homebrew method to connect to Wiimmfi I thought about that Casper2BootMii set up you helped me with earlier. All I had to do was put the correct files onto an SD card and when I booted up my Wii it booted me right into BootMii. Is there a way for me to modify that in some way so that rather than booting into BootMii I can make it load up MrBean35000VR's Auto Wiimmfi Patcher app instead (https://download.wiimm.de/wiimmfi/patcher/autowiimmfipatcher-0.6.zip). If possible, then this would be another No-Homebrew method to get back online for those who are unable to connect by changing their DNS settings. Thanks.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Check out Modmii's abstinence wizard. I'm not sure if it's exactly what you're looking for but it is Modmii's main "no-homebrew" solution. You can patch games directly prior to loading them for wiimmfi support, and in theory it should also work in a neek environment

Edit: this will get you loaded into a neek environment which will allow u to load homebrew (with varying compatibility and success) and launch games, etc, all without having to make any changes to your real nand

Last edited by XFlak,

ter2li_null

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
No risk, modmii can be used to update the hacks from any guide used previously
ho thanks xflak

however during the process some errors related to dotnet (4.8 installed) appeared (System.AcessViolationException)
i saw that someone already had a similar problem but the guy did not answer you :u

@Donkey Punch,
priiloader 0.4 offers just as much brick protection as priiloader 0.6. But priiloader 0.6 uses a different installer that uses ahbprot and may be susceptible to the HBC network init. bug, so the v0.4 installer is safer. The only downside to priiloader v0.4 is that it cannot autoboot the latest homebrew channel, but it can still be access via Priiloader's title launcher. Generally speaking, if some1 complains about not being able to autoboot the HBC from priiloader v0.4, I just tell them to install a HBC forwarder channel with the old HBC title ID, and that fixes the prob. And re. your problem with ModMii crashing, your error report says .NET Framework 2.0 was loaded... IIRC, .NET Framework 3.5 is supposed to be loaded... perhaps you don't have that installed. In either case, reinstall .NET Framework 3.5 and your errors will likely go away. And saving the settings works with both upper case and lower case, so what u experienced is a strange glitch. And not saving the path isn't a glitch, to save the path, u need to go to ModMii options and actually save the path.

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check out Modmii's abstinence wizard. I'm not sure if it's exactly what you're looking for but it is Modmii's main "no-homebrew" solution. You can patch games directly prior to loading them for wiimmfi support, and in theory it should also work in a neek environment

Edit: this will get you loaded into a neek environment which will allow u to load homebrew (with varying compatibility and success) and launch games, etc, all without having to make any changes to your real nand

Sorry about the confusion. I've been trying out so many things trying to learn and understand how they all work and confused myself how that Casper2Bootmii worked. I forgot you still had to run an exploit first.

So to do what I want, I am going to try and use the letter bomb exploit but instead of loading Hackmii I'll have it load up the auto Wiimmfi patcher. The only downfall to that is that over time they will have to scroll further and further back in their messages until it gets too ridiculous and they redo the exploit to bring the letter closer to the current date.

ter2li_null

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
owo i just came to thank you xflak for the modmii, everything worked absolutely!
i only have two questions: is it possible to translate [to portuguese] the whole modmii? and if so, how can i do that? noticed that there are versions in other languages so i am interested :u

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
The other languages are so outdated that I should probably add some kind of warning. It's possible to translate but it is A LOT of work, and if I put out an update it would be a lot of work to update. Unfortunately modmii wasn't built with easy translating in mind. If u still want to put in the effort PM me and I can point you in the right direction, but be prepared for it to take at least a week of working on it every night, if not longer.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
@XFlak I just noticed the picture at the top of the guide is a dead link. I'd also like to humbly suggest you switch sysCheck to SysCheck HDE. It is, if I may say so myself, the superior version. I could be biased, but I did make a fair number of improvements and bugfixes.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Hey buddy! I thought I was using the HDE version? I guess not! I will switch to this in the next update as well as fix the broken links. I am waiting for the latest priiloader to come out of beta before pushing an update so it's a bit more substantive.

FoXHounDPitaK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Hello gentlemen. I'm a bit lost, afraid and in need of some guidance. Recently I got a used Wii (already modded with a 2gb SD intact) and tried to run games with LoaderGX but it only sees my crappy overheating flash drive. The Wii had WiiFlow and CFGLoader but they show the same result. After a compatibility research I went and bought a 1TB WD Element drive, formated it to FAT32(gui) and plugged it in. Not detected. So I learned it may be a CiOS problem. DL'ed a bunch of WADs (following Tech James tutorial on fixing loadergx)before installing I learned that it could brick the console and stopped to dig deeper. Thinking maybe I should just start from scratch and format the system memory I learned about people who could not hack the Wii anymore after a format and I noticed that it had no "letterbomb" msg. So I dug deeper into the console memory and after deleting some blocks I saw 3 "Indiana Pwns" blocks(jp/us/eu i think) and learned that there are other exploits beside "letterbomb" (like indiana/yugioh). Throughout all my digging and research 1 reoccurring phrase caught my eye "bro, just use ModMii!" upon discovering that ModMii can do anything but it uses "letterbomb" I came to a dead end(afraid of brick). Also I tried to backup the nand by entering BootMii from the HBC after pressing "home" but it loads MultiModMngr, then I learned that you can go into BootMii by pressing PWR+RST but I yet to try it. This is the only thing I have and I'm so afraid of bricking the Wii I'm even afraid to connect it to wifi cuz I saw that you need to configure DNS(and i lost the video where i saw it), all I want is to play Mario with my son. Please I'm begging for your advice.

Last edited by FoXHounDPitaK,

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
upon discovering that ModMii can do anything but it uses "letterbomb" I came to a dead end(afraid of brick)
This should not be a deterrent, letterbomb (and wilbrand) is totally safe and fine to use.

Bro, just use ModMii, lol.

You can either use modmii's main wizard and repeat steps as if the wii had never been modded before (this is totally fine to do, no harm in repeating steps) OR use Modmii's syscheck updater wizard, which will analyze what's currently installed to the console and instruct you how to best update only what's outdated or not optimal.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work