• Total voters

Kampretski

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Sir!

Am double checking it physically and i think it is JPN version (hence the japanese languange menu). Disc exploit is my last resort since i do not have any discs on hand right now.

How to force upgrade to 4.3 (/willbrand/letterbomb) without accessing Setting (MAC address and menu version)?

Thank you!

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus

Kampretski

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
@XFlak I now have a yugioh JPN disc and tried yugivah exploit, does the exploit /hackmii require internet connection since i cannot access Setting? (Press 1 did not appear at Scam Warning). Can I use without internet? any lead?

Second, I am able to extract the said machine's MAC address with KeyGrabber, is it safe to assume its firmware version (eg 4.0 or 3.2 etc) when using Modmii or does Modmii need the exact firmware version? (again I cannot access setting)

thank you!

Note: i havent try bluebomb yet

EDIT1: after first disc run, I think it ask for update and installing something (press "Yes"es..cannot read jap) but according to https://forum.wii-homebrew.com/index.php/Thread/5280-Wii-Games-mit-Systemupdate/ the yugioh contain firmware 3.4 (not entirely sure tho)

Last edited by Kampretski,

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Disc based exploits do not require an internet connection on the wii. If the press 1 to continue does not appear, try running modmii's hackmii solutions wizard.

If you want to try wilbrand/letterbomb you will need to tell modmii you are on 4.3 (it's not an option for other firmwares). But if you are on the main system menu screen you do NOT see an SD card icon on the bottom of the screen u are definitely on an older firmware and there is no point even trying. If the SD button is there, there is no harm in trying, if you are on 4.3 it should work, if u are on 4.2 it will fail to launch but there is zero risk in trying. All this being said, if u are launching the hackmii installer with the disk based exploit then trying a different exploit will not change things, the exploit is successfully launching the hackmii installer, the best that a different exploit can accomplish is the exact same result.

Last edited by XFlak,

Kampretski

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Man, you're the coolest!.. think i'll look for game disc that contain 4.3J update. If successful, i've already had the MAC address at hand then will try letterbomb. Is it do-able?

Cheers!

Edit: out of curiousity, does the calendar/time setting affect hackmii/prevent Press 1 to appear? That machine time didnot sync with current time

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
U don't need to worry about updating, the disk based exploits will work even if u aren't on the latest firmware. Once u are able to successfully load the hackmii installer modmii can help u update without needing to do an official Nintendo update

Your hackmii issues won't have anything to do with calendar /time settings

Reactions: Kampretski

Kampretski

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Yes! As i post before, Modmii is a HUGE help.

Anyway, what is the "normal" wait time until i have to longpress power button while waiting for Press 1 to appear? I waited for about 2 minute then reboot.

Edit: @XFlak you are right, it dont have SD button in menu, guess it is 3.x version?

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I made a Japanese Nand backup for Uneek (not Uneek + DI) to play some Wiiware games, specifically the recently translated Pokémon Mystery Dungeon games, and there's something wrong with it, as trying to save with those games tells me there's no free memory to save, and it takes me to the Save Manager from System Menu, which appears empty with lots of free Blocks; and when I try to exit the Save Manager, the system freezes. It freezes when I look at the Manager right after booting it up without starting a game before.

Is there anything important or different I should do to set up a Jp Nand? The PAL one I did works fine (my system is PAL, but I do not know if that would make any difference).

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@XFlak I think you have addressed this before but I still want to ask just in case. I haven't used ModMii in a long time but was looking to download and use it again today. But when I click on the link to your site from the first post (http://xflak.com/modmii) I get a big red screen warning me that "The site ahead conains harmful programs.....". Because I thought I remember you saying this is a false positive, I continued on to your site and tried downloading the ModMii Installer.exe. However when I try to download it Chrome won't let me and says "ModMii Installer.exe is dangerous, so Chrome has blocked it". I don't ever remember coming across this when I used your site or program years ago so I just wanted to touch base with you first to make sure that there is nothing fishy going on. Thanks.

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing fishy is going on, it's a false positive and ModMii is 100% safe. Sorry for the confusion and inconvenience.
That's exactly what someone who is trying to infect my computer would say. lol. :P

But seriously though, do you know what causing it and is there any way to fix it? If not then maybe update the first post and put a note next to the link informing people of the issue so they don't get alarmed when it pops up. Thanks.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
It's kind of ridiculous though, modmii hasn't pretty much undergone any big changes in years and all of a sudden now it's getting these false positives?

I agree with all you said, will try to get to it at some point. It's been a busy day, my fourth boy was born just a few hours ago! And my oldest is only 5 and a half! Hahaha my life is crazy

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well congrats on the newborn. 4th boy, huh? Guess you gotta keep trying for that girl. lol. But seriously though, definitely take all the time you need. Family comes first. In the meantime, I was wondering if you were on discord or any other chat apps. I'd just like to casually pick your brain about ModMii now that I've been messing around with it again and figured that way would be best. Otherwise I could just post all my questions and observations about ModMii here. Whatever you find easier.

Reactions: XFlak

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the first thing that I would like some more information on is how to create a clean nand backup from a virgin Wii using only an exploit. The ModMii program doesn't mention anything about this but I found out about it by reading this on your website,

"On a related note, did you know you can make a nand backup on a virgin wii before even installing the homebrew channel or bootmii? Inside ModMii's support folder is a file called "Casper2BootMii.bat", run it and ModMIi will save Casper and bootmii files to the right places so that you can make a nand backup directly from an exploit.".

So I ran the bat file and it downloaded some things to the "COPY_TO_SD" folder and it did say that "In addition to the above files you will need an exploit saved to your SD Card. This will allow you to access BootMii even on non-modified Wiis." But beyond that, ModMii doesn't give me any additional information on how to actually do this. Would you be able to help me with that and maybe update ModMii to provide a wizard and a guide to do exactly this? Obviously the updating of the program is going to be a while with everything else you have going on? But if you can help point me in the right direction so I can do this on my 4.3U Wii I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
So in addition to the files u already have on SD, go to modmii classic's download pages and find wilbrand under exploits, feed it your region and Mac address then also save this to your sd card. Then just Insert the SD card into your Wii.

Go to your Message Board (button on bottom-right of Menu) and navigate to "Yesterday" (depending on your timezone, the exploit could show up under "Today").

Click on the green envelope with the pink "Bobomb" to run the HackMii installer.

Then make a nand backup

Most people don't really need to make this kind of mostly virgin nand backup, making a wizard for this is kind of pointless. I figure anyone wanted to pursue this should mostly be okay to figure out adding an exploit to the SD card and launching it. The more confusing part (or at least lesser known part) is setting up Casper and bootmii on the SD card.

Last edited by XFlak,

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got another question for you. I noticed in ModMii, it downloads PriiLoader v0.7. I was comparing what ModMii downloads to what wii.guide had you download and they have you download and use PriiLoader v0.8.2. So then I searched for a GitHub page for PriiLoader and saw that there was a Pre-Release for PriiLoader v0.9 BETA 4. Just wondering if there was a specific reason why ModMii was downloading v0.7 (which I don't even see as a download option on their github releases page) or if you just never updated ModMii when the newer release came out. And with that being said, after I follow ModMii as it is right now, would you recommend me updating PriiLoader to either v0.8.2 or v0.9 BETA 4 and your reasoning why?

As I said before, this is just my curiosities after playing around with ModMii and in no way am I trying to come off as saying anything negative about ModMii or that I believe you have to change anything. I don't think you would take it that way but the way I write has touched people the wrong way before so I just wanted to make sure I wasn't come off that way here. lol. Thanks again for everything.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
This is an explanation I wrote not too long ago for someone else. Forgive me if the tone is a bit defensive they weren't nearly as polite as you. Cheers m8!

ModMii does NOT install an unofficial priiloader. An older version of the OFFICIAL priiloader is installed using a modified installer, but what actually gets installed to the console is the same as the official installer. The modified installer uses IOS236 instead of AHBPROT because when ahbprot support was first released by the Homebrew Channel (HBC) there was a network initialization bug that would cause loaded apps to crash if there was no wifi connection saved to the console. As you can imagine, if this crashed in the middle of a priiloader installation then it could lead to a brick situation. At the time wii.guide did not exist, but similar reputable guides (including ModMii) ALL used the 236 installer mod. The latest version of priiloader and other apps have solved this network init bug (or last I researched it the solution should work in 99.99% of cases). I am hesitant to switch over to using ahbprot because of the 0.01% chance of brick as I want to maintain ModMii’s reputation as never having bricked a single console. The version of priiloader that ModMii uses has been much more thoroughly tested than later versions of priiloader (in part because of ModMii’s popularity). I have always been reluctant to switch to using a newer version of priiloader since it impacts the system menu and can result in brick if something goes wrong. You may recall a number of bricks occurring from a buggy priiloader release a few years back. DacoTaco hates when I bring this up, but the fact remains that a number of consoles were bricked from older priiloader installations. He has since fixed the issues and continued his amazing work, but the fact remains that upgrading to untested versions of priiloader is not a good strategy (especially for consoles who cannot install bootmii to boot2 for ultimate brick protection). The latest final priiloader release doesn’t offer any significant improvements over the version used by ModMii so I prefer retaining the tried, tested and true version used by ModMii (if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!). Now the latest BETA version of priiloader looks promising as it has added a number of new features and improvements that would make the switch worthwhile (i.e. support to navigate the menu without a controller using the buttons on the console itself, better loading of installed files, gamecube controller support, keyboard support, etc.). I am waiting for it to move out of the beta stage and become final, and for it to go through a reasonable amount of testing for me to be comfortable it is safe before incorporating it into ModMii. In short, only this most recent beta version has improvements compelling enough to migrate away from a more thoroughly tested release, and ModMii will switch to the latest version when it is FINAL, and not before.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "BS" stands for "Bowel Scraping" because that's what whole grain does.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been eating honey wheat bread scrumptious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge