Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@tama_mog, Do a complete install from 4.0U to 4.1U (or 4.2U, it makes no difference) (meaning, tell the download wizard that your wii is a virgin). This will also install updated cIOSs for you too (fyi, this will install rev 19 of cios249, which does not work with triiforce, u can download cIOS249rev17b from NUSAD if you want triiforce compatability, but rev17 doesn't support FAT32\NTFS USB loading)

Are u sure you want to use uloader? I think configurable usb loader is much better. Also, after you finish using the download wizard and following the guide successfully, u can do the same with the USB-Loader Setup feature to get you using a usb-loader really quickly/easily

edit:
QUOTE said:
love the new version, thanks for the sneek nand stuff, how about a setting to save a default serial number?
I could... but after you create the setting.txt once, the next time u get to that screen, it will detect that a setting.txt already exists and permit you to continue using that specific setting.txt. So I don't think that feature will be all that useful. But if after hearing this explanation, there is still demand for the ability to customize the default serial number, I'll consider it for future updates
biggrin.gif

mrplowdan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Gotcha, I was using my work computer which has a mess of .NET installations which was causing NUSAD to crash a bunch and I kept deleting the COPYTOSD/USB folders so my setting.txt get wiped each time, took me about 5 tries to finish DLing everything without error. It works fine on my home computer using a clean virtual machine of win7.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
@tama_mog, Do a complete install from 4.0U to 4.1U (or 4.2U, it makes no difference) (meaning, tell the download wizard that your wii is a virgin). This will also install updated cIOSs for you too (fyi, this will install rev 19 of cios249, which does not work with triiforce, u can download cIOS249rev17b from NUSAD if you want triiforce compatability, but rev17 doesn't support FAT32\NTFS USB loading)

Are u sure you want to use uloader? I think configurable usb loader is much better. Also, after you finish using the download wizard and following the guide successfully, u can do the same with the USB-Loader Setup feature to get you using a usb-loader really quickly/easily

Thanks for the great advice XFlak, I will follow your instructions and post updates if there's something I can't figure out. Sorry for the confusion, but I meant usb loaders in general...I exclusively only use wiiflow and it has served me well thus far...and it seems like the new version works out great too from feedbacks....I just really like the interface. Thanks again for the great support and keep up the awesome work on this piece of art.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
FYI (and this goes for everyone), you do NOT have to delete the COPY_TO_SD/USB folders to build a fresh emulated nand. All the wads that already exist will be verified before skipping them, and the existing emulated nand will be totally deleted (with the exception of the setting.txt depending on the user's input).

So basically, NUSAD forces a fresh install each time you build SNEEK or a emulated NAND (but without needlessly redownloading files that have been verified).

edit:
@tama_mog, your welcome, and good luck!

mrplowdan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
XFlak said:
So basically, NUSAD forces a fresh install each time you build SNEEK or a emulated NAND (but without needlessly redownloading files that have been verified).

perfect, I didn't realize that it worked this way.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
A bug with the cheat code downloader was just brought to my attention.

Currently it only downloads codes for USA games (approx 308). I've already fixed it to download ALL the codes (over 800). So this will be in the next update... and I may add a feature to select which region of codes you want to download (ie. All, USA, EURO, JAP or Korean)

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
I just noticed the cheat downloader, it's very cool man
smile.gif

This will surely help people who don't have wifi, or maybe don't even have an internet connection, or people wanting to save time. One click gets all the codes and then they can just be placed in whatever app uses them.

This will be great for those people complaining that MegaCodeDownloader no longer works.

You might need to come up with a new name for your app XFlak as I'm sure downloading from NUS is only a small (and getting smaller) part of it.

Dent

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
XFlak, just wondering why when I download identical files (non-patched) using your program and then download the same files using the latest NUSD (v1.5a beta) and then do a file compare that the files are different. For example, I just tried downloading System Menu 4.1U and IOS60v6174(non-patched) and they differ as described. Can you replicate this?

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Dent said:
XFlak, just wondering why when I download identical files (non-patched) using your program and then download the same files using the latest NUSD (v1.5a beta) and then do a file compare that the files are different. For example, I just tried downloading System Menu 4.1U and IOS60v6174(non-patched) and they differ as described. Can you replicate this?
yo, the internal contents of the files are the same, i'm sure if I were to unpack them an hash check the decrypted contents they would match (I would know, I've had to do it to recreate cIOSs).

But basically, wb3000's nusd and wiininja's cmd line nusd pack wads differnetly, they both still are NOT alterning or resigning the IOSs in any way, but they are encrypted differently ( I think). So thats why the hash check fails, but like i said, if u were to use wadunpaker and compare the decrypted contents, i'm sure they would match, and in the end, that's what counts

@Slimmmmmm, "modmii" comes 2 mind, but Foez may 'try' to kick my ass for stealing the name.... but I got a black belt... so bring it Foez! I got my nunchucks ready and waiting!!! lol
tongue.gif

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Your welcome! And whats even more amazing, is how many new features I add with each new release... and generally its about 10 days in between releases (@ least since I got off vacation)

@ the world, I think I'm gonna have to release an update to v4.2.1 because of the new homebrew channel release. Using even v4.2.0, it will call the hackmii installer as "invalid" when checking it, but its totally safe to use, (obviously doesn't share the same hash signature as the last hackmii installer)

since I gotta put out a quick update for that reason, I'll try to get a couple other things taken care of too for the next release, which I should put out sometime this weekend

NReale3370

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love this program! I was messing around today with updating some emulators to their IOS 58 versions and making a backup of HBC 1.0.8 for SNEEK and its so easy being able to fire up a program hit a couple of keys and get almost any wii related program I want. Keep it up dude and don't let the whining get ya down!

Drakenngard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I used NUS Auto Downloader v4.1.9 to update my system from 3.2U to 4.2U and everything is fine but can't play disc backup through disc channel like before... Do I need to install some backup launcher like darkcorp or maybe I did something wrong?

TheTwoR's

Yay I can finally edit this thingy :D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Well if my Wii was modded before then I uninstalled HBC and some hacks then updated to 4.3, knowing there are still softmod trails somewhere, Is my Wii considered a virgin?

luminalace

Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone please answer this question? I'm on 4.2E and recently downloaded ios58 from NUSAD but I want to know should I also download ios80 as that is another new ios in SM 4.3!

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
luminalace said:
Can someone please answer this question? I'm on 4.2E and recently downloaded ios58 from NUSAD but I want to know should I also download ios80 as that is another new ios in SM 4.3!
I heard IOS80 is "useless" because it can do the same things than IOS70 and IOS60, so no.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol