• Total voters

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Probably only if someone were to donate a WiiU to me and ask I take on such a project, otherwise it may take a couple years for me to get involved in the WiiU scene (if ever)

i was thinking for the vWii Stuff so its seperate from the normal Wii
well least your point on the matter is out there :P

ca032769

INFOCOM Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Help needed - ModMii (Skinned) UNEEK+DI question.

I am using:
4.3U Softmodded Wii (used ModMii v6.2.5)
32GB SanDisk SDHC Class 10 UHS-I Flash Card
4TB Western Digital USB 3.0/2.0 FAT32 HDD

I was going to use ModMii to download & install UNEEK+DI. The ModMii (Skinned) NEEK information listed under UNEEK+DI does not say where the GameCube games go. Am I mising where it says this? I was thinking they would load from my FAT 32 HDD. Am I correct? Or do I need to install something like DOIS MIOS after installing UNEEK+DI to make that happen?

I've gotten myself confused over this. I don't really care where the Emulated Wii nand/memory or Apps get saved to (unless you think I should?).

My goal is to load both Wii & Gamecube games off my FAT32 USB HDD. Thoughts??? Suggestions???

ddetkowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you need dios mios installed, GC games must be in a folder called games. Theres a forum devoted to using dios mios, read up there.
you dont need uneek+di to play GC games off a usb drive or SD card.

zfa

Trophies
XP
Country
How would I go about using ModMii to build a WAD for a d2x-v10-beta52[56] that'll install into slot 248?

I thought in the past there was some way of defining CIOS slots manually but I can't for the life of me find it in the current version.

I want to have d2x-v10-beta53-alt in 249 and 250, and then a d2x-v10-beta52 in 248 so I have a slot with the better NAND emul functionality. I know I could simply install into 248[56] via the official d2x cIOS installer but I'd like to create a WAD so I can give it to my brother for him to install it on his Wii and I don't trust him with a CIOS installer!

Is this possible?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
start modmii classic, then go to the advanced downloads page, then type "beta" and select the d2x beta version u want to build, then select the d2x cIOS you want to customize, and when asked what slot to change it to, select 248, then follow the prompts to complete your download

cheers

zfa

Trophies
XP
Country
Cheers XFlak, I knew I'd been able to do it before but got bogged down in the Download IOS/MIOS/sysmenu customisation area instead of in the correct bit.

All worked beautifully when I did what you said.

Many thanks.

Reactions: XFlak

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i just installed Neek2o on my wii but it gives a black screen (says reloading bootmii ios), when i enter the channel from my wii menu. how do i fix this so i can run wiiware? can it be becuase my usb is ntfs and not fat32?

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
when i try to load it sneek2o it shows this V . and ive been here 20 mins waiting for something to happen but nothing.

104p1c1.jpg

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
when i try to load it sneek2o it shows this V . and ive been here 20 mins waiting for something to happen but nothing.
104p1c1.jpg
That's probably because you don't have BootMii installed as an IOS.
(maybe you were one of the lucky ones that had the option of installing it as Boot2 and didn't think it would be necessary to ALSO have it as an IOS when you originally hacked your Wii.)

Anyway, just grab and run the HackMii installer and have it install it as an IOS, too.

Reactions: Flame

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's probably because you don't have BootMii installed as an IOS.
(maybe you were one of the lucky ones that had the option of installing it as Boot2 and didn't think it would be necessary to ALSO have it as an IOS when you originally hacked your Wii.)

Anyway, just grab and run the HackMii installer and have it install it as an IOS, too.

just did that, still giving me the same problem.what should i do next?

sorry I've been a pain in your ass for the last 24 hours. :lol:

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
k, lets take nswitch out of the picture. on your sd card you should have a folder call bootmiineek, rename it to "bootmii" (if a bootmii folder already exists, rename it bootmii.bak or something for now). Then just load "bootmii" via the HBC (or boot2 if you have bootmii installed there), and instead of loading bootmii, it will load neek.

if that fails, first try getting sneek2o to run instead of uneek2o, if you can't get sneek2o to run, then the problem might be a compatability issue with your sd card. Also, presumably you've been able to load bootmii and make a nand backup at some point, right?

Also note that nswitch first looks for kernel.bin here: USB-FAT32:\sneek\kernel.bin then if it's not found it looks here: SD :\sneek\kernel.bin. kernel.bin is different for each type of neek, so if you're trying to load sneek2o from SD :\sneek\kernel.bin, but you still have your USB plugged into your wii with a kernel.bin for uneek2o, nswitch will try loading uneeko instead of sneek2o

if all this fails, chances are pretty good we'll direct you to the neek2o thread to get help from OverjoY directly

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
k, lets take nswitch out of the picture. on your sd card you should have a folder call bootmiineek, rename it to "bootmii" (if a bootmii folder already exists, rename it bootmii.bak or something for now). Then just load "bootmii" via the HBC (or boot2 if you have bootmii installed there), and instead of loading bootmii, it will load neek.

if that fails, first try getting sneek2o to run instead of uneek2o, if you can't get sneek2o to run, then the problem might be a compatability issue with your sd card. Also, presumably you've been able to load bootmii and make a nand backup at some point, right?

Also note that nswitch first looks for kernel.bin here: USB-FAT32:\sneek\kernel.bin then if it's not found it looks here: SD :\sneek\kernel.bin. kernel.bin is different for each type of neek, so if you're trying to load sneek2o from SD :\sneek\kernel.bin, but you still have your USB plugged into your wii with a kernel.bin for uneek2o, nswitch will try loading uneeko instead of sneek2o

if all this fails, chances are pretty good we'll direct you to the neek2o thread to get help from OverjoY directly

yeah ive been able to load bootmii and made couple of nand backups. just tried the 1st way, and that didnt work, going to try sneek2o..... but doesnt look good.

edit: i just confusing myself.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
okay, i some how did it. thanks you guys.

now what i what to know is with my European wii can i do a US sneek/nand(if you no what i mean)?

modmii is a wonderful tool by the way.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
yes, u can load any region emulated nand on any region wii as long as your tv supports the video signal, for example, I can run a euro emunand on my USA Wii, but since my TV doesn't support PAL, I can't see any video (but can hear audio and what not to be able to confirm it actually works). I don't think you'll have a problem loading a USA emunand on a euro tv, typically the problem only happens the other way around.

edit:
wow, I'm 3 posts away from 9000 posts!!

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yes, u can load any region emulated nand on any region wii as long as your tv supports the video signal, for example, I can run a euro emunand on my USA Wii, but since my TV doesn't support PAL, I can't see any video (but can hear audio and what not to be able to confirm it actually works). I don't think you'll have a problem loading a USA emunand on a euro tv, typically the problem only happens the other way around.

edit:
wow, I'm 3 posts away from 9000 posts!!

i tried it and it works, video and everything. again thanks for the help i appreciate it.

Marcio Jr.

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello there. I used ModMii on my system and it works just fine.
I have a chip modded device, and also had already softmodded it using the old ZeldaTwilight method.
So, I already had HBC installed on current versions. I used ModMii mostly to get the correct and current IOSes and cIOSes so I can configure correctly the USB Loaders softwares.

The only downside is that I lost 2 out of my 3 driver's licenses for MarioKart Wii. So, I lost all my progress on this game. I performed a NAND backup during the ModMii execution.
So, my question is: Is it possible to recover my Mariokart files?

Thanks in advance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: After watching, that I feel like I'm on them already