• Total voters

Zeer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
did u follow pepxl's suggestion to nerezza and perform a windows update to install .NET framework 3.5?

I have framework 3.5 installed. Tried restarting and doing it, still same problem.

I'm more or less getting the same problem as L05t below \/ \/ \/

L05t

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi gurus. Let me start by saying this looks like a great app, but I got some errors and want to ask about them before continuing.
Heres my info....
My Wii is Hard Modded with a chip about 1 and a half years ago. I dont know what chip it is. Bought it new with the chip allready installed.I did put HBC on my wii about a year ago and I seem to remember using the Twilight hack to do it but im not sure.
All game backups on DVD have worked until now. The new Mario Galaxy 2 didnt. Thats why I started looking to softmad it a few days ago. I have found alot of info on the net and on youtube. I was going to go with the Dop-mii method but I found your forum,thread,guide,app and thought it looked like the way togo since I have never connected my wii to the net and really dont want to. I read all 30 pages of this thread yesterday. My wii seems to be different from the others in this thread because of a few things. I am hoping some one here can answer this questions before I proceed.

My Wii info...
firmware 3.4E
Hard modded chip (Unknown make)
HBC (1 year old)

1- I have THB on my wii and dont know if I should delete it first, and if so how before starting, or leave it and just start with the Bootmii as IOS and Boot 2 part?
2- If I should delete the HBC that I have now to put your newer ver, How should I do this? With an app like (App name here).
3- I got some erros when I used you Wizard. See below.

My comp uses Windows 7 (64)
I used NUSAD v 4.1.4

Here is the list of my answers and the info you should need.

NUS Auto Downloader 4.1.4 Custom Guide
Generated on 30/06/2010 - 9:46:44,98
This Guide was generated using the following parameters:
* Wii is already modified
* Current firmware is less than 4.0e (guide is the same for U/E/J, although files may differ)
* Desired firmware is 4.1e
* Download HackMii Installer v0.6 and BannerBomb (with IOS61)
* Download recommended cIOSs and cMIOS
* Download Priiloader
* Download Extra Brick Protection
* Update active IOSs
My answers to the Wizard......
.W
.1-N
.2-O
.3-E
.4-4.1
.5-N
.6-Y
.7-Y
.8-Y
.9-Y
.10-Y
.11-Y
.12-Y
.13-N
.14-Y
.15-C
.16-Y (The following 41 files will be downloaded to "Copy_To_SD")
.info : 43 files checked, 95 mb, 1 sec. 74408 kb/sec.
. 33 errors occurred.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
all the files should be safe to install, but the cIOS wads may not work properly (but they are not dangerous to install, a bad cIOS cannot brick any wii), I haven't tested those cIOS wads yet, and I don't plan to because I've already made changes to it so I know it will work.

to make the cIOSs work properly FOR SURE, download this v4.1.5 Support folder, and replace the support folder from v4.1.4 with this new one. They will fail the md5 hash check, but they will work properly despite this (v4.1.5 has a new md5 database so they will pass the hash check in the next version). So basically, replace the Support folder with the new one, and v4.1.4 will work perfectly except for md5 errors... just ignore the errors, all the files will be fine (unless there are some missing).

v4.1.5 is almost done, it may need another week or so to finish, so plz be patient

Zeer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did it on another PC; no .NET errors thankfully.

I used the 4.1.5 support folder; still got 35 errors at the end: http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/5287/nusdetails.jpg

I basically selected Y to everything except the stubs. Do I need all the files, like the internet browser etc? What are the most important files I should get?

Thanks XFlak for all the hard work!
nyanya.gif

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
all the channels like internet, shop, news, weather etc. are optional, install them if u plan on using them, otherwise they just take up memory on your wii

don't worry about the errors, if the wads are there, they should be fine (if there was any kind of error making the wads, they shouldn't be able to create wads in the first place
biggrin.gif
)

D

Deleted member 180466

Wii Shop Channel does not work on my Wii because the 4.3E is the lastest firmware. I have 4.2E. Is there a solution to this?

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GHBAimen said:
Wii Shop Channel does not work on my Wii because the 4.3E is the lastest firmware. I have 4.2E. Is there a solution to this?

Use dop_shop and install V19 of Shopping Channel.

D

Deleted member 180466

bula said:
GHBAimen said:

Use dop_shop and install V19 of Shopping Channel.

I updated the Wii Shop Channel with NUS Downloader! xD XFlak version does not have the latest Wii Shop Channel, v19, but v18. But also updated the News Channel and Forecast Channel. Forecast Channel and Wii Shop Channel works fine but the News Channel and the Nintendo Channel does not work. On News Channel, I get error code "NEWS000006". I do not remember what error code I got on the Nintendo Channel. What's wrong?

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
news channel uses IOS31, so try updating that also... the version in NUSAD should still work fine, if not, try updating to the most recent version (post-4.3 update)

NUSAD doesn't even download the nintendo channel, so plz post that Q in an appropriate thread

can u tell me what version of IOS61 u have installed, and whether your HBC is working properly and installed under IOS61?

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
can anyone confirm that after installing the latest IOS61 (after the 4.3 update), the hackmii installer can still install the Homebrew Channel to IOS61 (and it still works properly)?

Thx!

edit: I don't ask for a lot of help (almost never)... and I help A LOT of people... so to me its almost a slap in the face when no one responds to my ONE question. So please, if u have the time, can u test this for me.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
XFlak said:
can anyone confirm that after installing the latest IOS61 (after the 4.3 update), the hackmii installer can still install the Homebrew Channel to IOS61 (and it still works properly)?

Thx!

edit: I don't ask for a lot of help (almost never)... and I help A LOT of people... so to me its almost a slap in the face when no one responds to my ONE question. So please, if u have the time, can u test this for me.

i would happily help you out friend but ive only got Bootmii/IOS and im sticking to 4.1 until i feel the need to update but you could test this using SNEEK, if i get some time later i'll try and get it done for you

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
thx man, but the above test is 100% safe for any1, even for some1 without ANY protection (bootmii or priiloader)

all I'm asking is to install the new IOS61 (I'm not asking anyone to actually install the 4.3 SM), if it does screw up the HBC installation/usage, then just bannerbomb a wad manager (and reload it using a patched IOS36 or cIOS) and install the older IOS61 again.

Anyways, if I don't have an answer soon, I'll run the tests myself in a few days when my vacation is over... but TBH, if I can get an answer to this Q now, I think I can finish the latest NUSAD during my flight home

guitarloser85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I Installed IOS61v5661 that I downloaded through NUSD, uninstalled HBC, reinstalled HBC and everything tested fine. Thanks for all your help and contributions XFlak

NReale3370

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I too can confirm HBC works fine with the new IOS61 I upgraded it when it first hit because I wasn't sure if I could use the new shop channel without it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: nvm im back