Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I recently asked on discord for some people to test whether some exploits work with dol payloads in addition to elf's, and I took this opportunity to kill 2 birds with 1 stone and document an example of how you can make your own modmii scripts, while at the same time helping everyone get the files and steps to do the exploit testing I asked for!

Extract this zip to your ModMii installation folder, merging the temp folders, and run ModMii_Exploit_Script.bat, it will generate a guide for you describing how to launch the exploits, and optionally download the exploits for you. You'll notice I did all this with basically 2 lines of code (other than echoing some information onscreen). So I think this is a simple example showcasing how to use ModMii from command line to dip your toe in the water and not get overwhelmed. Here's the script if you want to see without downloading the zip:

Code:
@echo off
setlocal

echo This is a simple example of the kind of scripting you can do with ModMii.exe
echo Execute "ModMii.exe HELP" to see command line usage information
echo.
echo Generating guide for exploits...
echo Sending Command: ModMii.exe W O U 4.1 AllExploits Guide
echo.

ModMii.exe W O U 4.1 AllExploits Guide

echo A guide should have popped up with directions to execute some exploits.
echo Please test whether they can load SD:\boot.dol or if they are limited to boot.elf's only.
echo If a lot of time has passed since April 4, 2022 then I probably already have this information, and this script is just for demonstration purposes only.
echo.
echo Close this window now, or press any key to continue to download the exploits (remember to also save a boot.dol to SD root when testing please)
echo.

pause

start ModMii.exe L Exploits_to_test_Queue.bat

I've wanted to do something like this for a long time, I don't think many people realize how powerful ModMii can be when it comes to making your own scripts.

If your wii isn't U region, then you can change the U in the first command to E J or K, but the only change to the guide will be which region save file you copy over, so no real need to tweak it unless you care

Attachments

• ModMii_Exploit_Script.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 72
Reactions: godreborn

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
If you prefer you can get all the exploits from ModMii Classic manually, just enter: 2, E, B, D, Y

With your help I hope to be able to get answers where I have question marks below, thanks!!

Exploit supports SD:\boot.dol?

1) Bannerbomb v1: Yes
2) Bannerbomb v2: Yes
3) Bathaxx (USA, PAL and JPN): ?
4) Eri HaKawai (USA, PAL and JPN): ?
5) Indiana Pwns: ?
6) Return of the Jodi (USA, PAL and JPN): ?
7) Smash Stack (USA, PAL, JPN and KOR): ?
8) Twilight Hack v0.1 Beta1 (for Wii's 3.3 and below): No
9) Wilbrand\LetterBomb\MailboxBomb: ?
10) YU-GI-OWNED (USA, PAL and JPN): ?

edit: I forgot about str2hax!
11) str2hax: No

And these too! They're not used by ModMii at this time, but I'd still like to know
12) Bluebomb: Can handle pretty much anything, input.dol is meant to be small to fit inside the payload, and then chainloads a larger boot.elf from USB
13) Flashhax: Can handle pretty much anything

Are there any other exploits I forgot?

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
If you prefer you can get all the exploits from ModMii Classic manually, just enter: 2, E, B, D, Y

With your help I hope to be able to get answers where I have question marks below, thanks!!

Exploit supports SD:\boot.dol?

1) Bannerbomb v1: Yes
2) Bannerbomb v2: Yes
3) Bathaxx (USA, PAL and JPN): ?
4) Eri HaKawai (USA, PAL and JPN): ?
5) Indiana Pwns: ?
6) Return of the Jodi (USA, PAL and JPN): ?
7) Smash Stack (USA, PAL, JPN and KOR): ?
8) Twilight Hack v0.1 Beta1 (for Wii's 3.3 and below): No
9) Wilbrand\LetterBomb\MailboxBomb: ?
10) YU-GI-OWNED (USA, PAL and JPN): ?

edit: I forgot about str2hax!
11) str2hax: No

And these too! They're not used by ModMii at this time, but I'd still like to know
12) Bluebomb: Can handle pretty much anything, input.dol is meant to be small to fit inside the payload, and then chainloads a larger boot.elf from USB
13) Flashhax: Can handle pretty much anything

Are there any other exploits I forgot?
People on the ModMii discord are getting me answers quickly, so probably no need to report back, I'm sharing here mainly to demonstrate what a simple modmii script looks like

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*