Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
You should be able to run windows via a virtual machine (ie. vmware). I'm think someone else was able to get it to work on some form of linux using wine... not sure if it was ubuntu. The post describing what that person did is somewhere in this thread... not sure where exactly, all I can tell u is that it was not within the last 2 months. If I had to guess, I'd say it was 4-5 months ago.

Jehuty25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everytime I try to use the sneekintaller from modmii, I get "Some files required for sneekinstall are missing". When I look on the sneekinstall google page, I see sneekinstaller gui 0.6. Could this have something to do with it?

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
try renaming your ModMii "temp" folder something else and see if that fixes your problem. Also pay attention to what file was last downloaded (or attempted) before ModMii shows u the missing files error, that should be the problematic download. You can also look inside your temp folder to determine which files are missing.

Jehuty25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All it says is "Building SNEEK+DI Rev150 downloading official Sneek installer 0.1b6"
"No files to extract"

"WARNING: Some files needed for the SNEEK install are missing. Aborting Sneek installation, check your internet connection then repeat the SNEEK installation to try again". Tried deleting the temp folder and the whole modmii folder, same thing happened.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
SNEEKInstallerv0.6b was removed from the net cuz it was updated to SNEEKInstallerv0.6c 33 hours ago

Until the next ModMii update, here's a temporary fix, download the latest installer, from here:
http://sneek.googlecode.com/files/SNEEKIns...rv0.6c-cred.rar

extract the contents of the rar file to {wherever ModMii is saved}\temp\SneekInstaller\

then retry ModMii's sneek installer and it should work
biggrin.gif

Jehuty25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kylster said:
@Jehuty25 did you try those files i pm'd you?
Yep, both of them made my disc slot flash. Does the partition order really matter or is it just a preference thing? Because my hard drive is formatted as ntfs and fat32, with ntfs being the first listed partition. The fat32 is primary and active though.

@Xflak
Fixed the problem I was having with the installer, thanks
biggrin.gif

Jehuty25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, everything is fine now. Just still trying to get this emulated nand to work lol. Tried using my bootmii nand dump and the created one, no luck.

Edit: Using Sneek+DI. My wii doesn't flash anymore, but I just get a black screen now, no HDD activity either.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hm... which way are you trying to load up emu nand? Are you trying to do multiple nand with switch2uneek or the full switch2sneek channel for only 1 emu-nand?

Jehuty25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well when I first started trying, I went through switch2uneek since I got actual text feedback from that. It always said either "you have real nand setups, switch to real nand" or "you have uneek nand setups, switch to uneek". After that, it said "moved 4 (sometimes 9) sub-folders from usb:/nands/nand1 to usb:/".

Then the wii just froze and started flashing.

Edit: Sneek works perfectly but as soon as I put in the di.bin and the font.bin, the wii freezes.
mad.gif

edwarrior

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, i had a question regarding softmodding the wii using the program provided.

From the youtube video shown in the original post, only a SD card and no USB was involved.

Howver, in the most recent version, where i am trying to download all the files, it asks me:

where would you like to save your USB-Loader app, covers and config files?

- USB (recommended)

- SD

My question is, what is the difference and what will i need to do differently from the guide (eg the guide does not use a usb, only a sd card).
I intend on keeping the SD card in the wii at all times anyways, so should i use the recommended (USB) or should i just stick with the SD Card?

Thanks !

jskyboo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bnm81002 said:
ok I see all different opinions about which version is best to be at 4.1U? 4.2U? 4.3U? so which version would be best to be at? thanks
As far as features go, there is nothing new in 4.2 and 4.3, they both just added more measures to block homebrew. However if you update your HBC it doesn't matter. As long as HBC is not one of the old versions blocked by 4.2 or 4.3 you can use whichever you like. All you really need are the new IOSs and Shop channel, though there is little risk in using 4.3.

So which should you use? I personally use 4.3, my reason.....none really but no reason to stay on an old system menu anymore either so I like to have the latest as soon as the homebrew can run on it safely, 4.3 has reached that point.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WUOq1dlZWxI?si=LBlEJwZfwtWShljP lol Denmark can't handle the spice