Hacking Best way to CFW and GW

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
Keep your emunand on 11.2 and update your sysnand to 11.7. Use Luma on sysnand and GW on emunand (via Luma chianloading or fastboot3DS). That's better then what the GW fanboys are telling you to do.
Do not listen to this dude, he is just a hater, quantumcat gave good advice, you can use fbi or big blue menu in 3ds format to install, remember to make a backup of your emunand, you wont have any problems

Pickle_Rick

I'm a pickle Morty!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do not listen to this dude, he is just a hater, quantumcat gave good advice, you can use fbi or big blue menu in 3ds format to install, remember to make a backup of your emunand, you wont have any problems
Hater? It's not a good idea to use a franken firmware. I was offering a solution that didn't require fucking with the firmware but also allowed OP to use their GW. If that makes me a hater then you're stupid af.

Reactions: The Catboy

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, stuff is happening in this thread...

To expand on the above, if it is possible to just install b9s over the top of fastboot (I'm not certain it is, and certainly don't use any DSiWare method as that could brick your console) then follow the below

Quantum knows things. I would like to add that, last I knew, installing b9s over fastboot was bad... mmmkay. IDK if there has been a change but it was recommended to completely uninstall fastboot at one point....

I think I do have fastboot because my new 3ds boots directly to GW. In the instructions there, it will render my Gateway useless? Is that correct?
I have an r4 ds cart for NTR booth though.

You can set GW back up

Probably be a good idea just to move away from Emunand and Gateway, and start using Sysnand.

Do BOTH! Use GW in EmuNAND and Luma in SysNAND,,

You can use FBI.3ds from your red card.

Why do you want to install to EmuNAND? Run Freeshop and all installed CIA files in Luma. Much cleaner,faster,etc, Use GW mode ONLY for GW red card .3ds files.

If i install freeshop.cia on my emunand will work?

Use Freshop on SysNAND. In Luma. Use Luma for EVERYTHIHG except GW red Card..

The Gate Haters are all idiots. Easy to see. That said, EmuNAND has a host of issues related to it. Just use SysNAND for all installed apps. EmuNAND should only be used in GW mode. Leave the EmuNAND at at 11.2. You will have all functionality except you won't be able to go online in GW mode and a few games won't work unless they are "Cryptofixed" (last time I counted it was 5 or so.. a few games released since then.) All of these games work fine on Luma. Just use Luma for that stuff. Use GW just to have more storage. What I did is I use GW for OLD games I no longer play but wanted available in case my Nephews were here. Stuff like Icarus and SM3L. Great games but I don't play them anymore and they don't use online functionality. Then use Luma for Everything else. People always hem and haw about it but Luma IS better. You won't want to use GW mode after a while. Luma is noticeably faster and things like going online and updating aren't an issue. If you MUST you can use a Hybrid EmuNAND but the only benfits are going online in GW mode and those 5 games work. People on here who hate the Hybrid NAND option or just stupid. It was a good option for stubborn people to stay n GW. No real issues. Cobble together for sure but so are all OS systems. So what.

Using FreeShop in GW mode is a waste of time. Do it in SysNAND IN LUMA! Just stop clinging to GW. Don't listen to the dummies and throw it out. It's still useful. But it is now the inferior secondary option. GW is not your go to anymore. Just stop it.
I keep the Blue cart n my 3DS these days :)

For .SAV conversion, there is a script in the AIO pack....

Reactions: Nirmonculus

billyme

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So did we all at one point. I ignore that part. :) This AIO pack is really cool.. I am surprised it's not more prevalent around here.

Yes it is. Of you just install b9s using that and make gw the default payload, update emunand to 11.7 and install freeshop in emunand you have gw back + freeshop

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @The Real Jdbye, I know what it is. :creep: