Homebrew Best Video Player for Wii

denots

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive been using Wiimc to play movies (.avi and mp4 mostly) from an external USB drive. It works fine if there isnt much action on the screen, but when there is it stops every

second or two to buffer for a second or two. Painfully annoying.

I was using Wiimc 1.1.8 and just installed 1.2.2, same thing. I tried dragon media player 0.25 alpha but it seems to only be playing audio not video. I

tried, Mplayer CE but it wont load or even read the USB.

Is there a better program to use or is this just a wii limitation?

Tantric

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Two things are possible:

1) Make sure WiiMC is using IOS58 (click the logo to find out). If it's not, fix that.

2) The video(s) you're trying are too much for the Wii. Try something with a lower bitrate/resolution or in a different format (eg: xvid).

Reactions: 1 person

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like Tantric said it could be your trying to play a 720P or 1080P movie, I have had some luck getting those to work though :) (They only play at 480P but at least if you get them to play you don't need to mess around with converting them.)

2 settings I recommend, one is turning on frame skip (I know some will disagree with this but the frame skip seems to work very good and is not noticeable.) the second is trying to adjust the cache size of the video player. Maybe turn it up to something like 80%

Some video's and formats seem to work better with those settings and some video's will hate them. Just something to try.

Reactions: 1 person

denots

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the help, After i posted this thread i ended up watching the movie on my laptop and noticed it having the same problems, alot less annoying and nowhere near as crippling tho. I figured i could get a different file of same movie, but was hoping i could just "view all" more or less. Ill get to playing around with it over the weekend and come back here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, LOL. Its very sunny, what are you on about?