ucablca

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Game&Watch is my favorite character. He's surprisingly quick with his smash attacks, which pack a nice punch. He has good ranged attack defense which when utilized correctly, gives him an ultra powerful attack. His random hammer specials are nice - when he connects with a 9-hit with his hammer it's pretty much an insta K.O. unless the map is huge. He has decent and quick aerial attacks. Overall, he's just a well rounded character and I've had a ton of success with him. Only thing that is lacking in my opinion is that his final smash is way too slow, but I have to say it does work pretty well in spite of that.

Least favorite character, and this really disappointed me, has gotta be Jigglypuff. Everything about that character stinks in my opinion. I know, I know, of course there will be some people who may be pros with her, but I just didn't find it fun.

pokemongalaxy

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ucablca said:
Game&Watch is my favorite character. He's surprisingly quick with his smash attacks, which pack a nice punch. He has good ranged attack defense which when utilized correctly, gives him an ultra powerful attack. His random hammer specials are nice - when he connects with a 9-hit with his hammer it's pretty much an insta K.O. unless the map is huge. He has decent and quick aerial attacks. Overall, he's just a well rounded character and I've had a ton of success with him. Only thing that is lacking in my opinion is that his final smash is way too slow, but I have to say it does work pretty well in spite of that.

Least favorite character, and this really disappointed me, has gotta be Jigglypuff. Everything about that character stinks in my opinion. I know, I know, of course there will be some people who may be pros with her, but I just didn't find it fun.
Yah jigglypuff sucks crap, especially her special-up. She just sings and falls to her death..lol

Enter260

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anakir said:
There is no best character. Your "best character" is a character that suits your playstyle the best.
there might not be 1 "best character" but some characters are better than others. look at smash melee. marth is clearly a tier 1 character vs kirby, who i won't comment on.....

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Enter260 said:
Anakir said:
There is no best character. Your "best character" is a character that suits your playstyle the best.
there might not be 1 "best character" but some characters are better than others. look at smash melee. marth is clearly a tier 1 character vs kirby, who i won't comment on.....

Yes, but this isn't Melee. Brawl's a lot more balanced in terms of characters. "Crappy" characters can be picked up and be practiced with and actually do decent.

Enter260

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anakir said:
Enter260 said:
Anakir said:

Yes, but this isn't Melee. Brawl's a lot more balanced in terms of characters. "Crappy" characters can be picked up and be practiced with and actually do decent.
you might think it's decent, but the op asked for the best character. in the end, it will still trickle down to a couple characters that will have a great advantage over others. if you play competitively, you would understand.

Anakir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do play competitively. I may not be as good as others, but yes, I play at a competitive level. I understand what you mean by narrowing it down to certain characters which have more advantage over others, but you have to bring the fact that there are stage counterpicks as well.

There are a lot of good characters because even the good characters can be taken down, so they're not the "best". The title said it itself. "Best SSBB Chrcter?" It's singular, so I'm assuming he's asking for only 1 best character.

This is my assumption for now. Until there's a tier list, if it will ever be created, I will stop assuming that there's no "best".

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
pokemongalaxy said:
Yah jigglypuff sucks crap, especially her special-up. She just sings and falls to her death..lol

lol jigglypuff is back
happy.gif
i love that character on the n64, i used to just constantly put the players to sleep.

as for favorite character it has to be link i'm a master with him
biggrin.gif
i have to unlock that toon link though
blink.gif

da_head

A dying dream..
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ok..*breathes*
[rant] to those who said samus is the "best" character, you're completely wrong. samus has been completely nerfed in brawl >.< she was tier 2 in melee, and kickass if u knew how to use her (like me) but in brawl, every single attack she has, has been nerfed (except for grab). her missles r slower, bombs deploy WAY to slow now, bomb jumping is more difficult (but not impossible), her charge b is MUCH weaker, and her charge down A doesn't have as much reach >.< My poor poor samus...and don't get me started about her zero suit mode...though i'm sure some of u will say, you rock with her and i just suck, just look it up, the pros agree. o wellz, brawl is a nubfest anyways. i just pray starcraft 2 won't be the same [/rant]

o and sonic is awesome lol. especially when i got 4 kills with his smash ball rooooofl
thanks for listening ^^

jtroye32

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Enter260 said:
Anakir said:
Enter260 said:
Anakir said:

you might think it's decent, but the op asked for the best character. in the end, it will still trickle down to a couple characters that will have a great advantage over others. if you play competitively, you would understand.

lol, the point of the game is to compete.

reilina

just a neophyte...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
da_head said:
ok..*breathes*
[rant] to those who said samus is the "best" character, you're completely wrong. samus has been completely nerfed in brawl >.< she was tier 2 in melee, and kickass if u knew how to use her (like me) but in brawl, every single attack she has, has been nerfed (except for grab). her missles r slower, bombs deploy WAY to slow now, bomb jumping is more difficult (but not impossible), her charge b is MUCH weaker, and her charge down A doesn't have as much reach >.< My poor poor samus...and don't get me started about her zero suit mode...though i'm sure some of u will say, you rock with her and i just suck, just look it up, the pros agree. o wellz, brawl is a nubfest anyways. i just pray starcraft 2 won't be the same [/rant]

o and sonic is awesome lol. especially when i got 4 kills with his smash ball rooooofl
thanks for listening ^^

u do know that she has an attack called zair? which is not intended by the makers of the game ,i think u
should check that (go to youtube) .also i think everybody got nerf bec of the new engine.

best char? if it exists, i vote for snake.

reilina

just a neophyte...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wahh oh no everbody is gonna use samus..
cry.gif

wahh oh no samus will be a top tier..
cry.gif

wahh on no samus is teh broken..
cry.gif

LOL
laugh.gif

seriously that thing is annoying still it can be countered (PS anybody?)

Anakir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol I use Samus' ZAir to annoy my friends. I can never play seriously with Samus. I miss her superwavedash. It was fun fooling around with it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: y