Hacking Best Slot-1 and Slot-2 Device

melenor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My goal is to be able to play GBA and NDS ROMs on my DS, including the needed RAM for opera, and i have recently been looking though reviews and many sites to try to find just that.
Over my course of looking, to me it looks like the Acekard R.P.G might be the best choice for Slot-1, but finding the Slot-2 device to allow me to play GBA ROMs has been hard, The only ones that even look promising are the M3 DS Real GBA Expansion Pack and the EZ 3 in 1 Expansion Pack. I am really looking to see if the Acekard R.P.G. is a good choice and which Expansion Pack out there is the best for extra RAM and playing GBA games. Thanks

Another quick question, in all the reviews for the Slot-2 device to play GBA ROMs they always comment about how you can only have 1 GBA ROM at a time on the Expansion Pack and that it takes a long time to copy the GBA ROM from Slot-1 to Slot-2. For the last part couldn't there be a way to make a Slot-2 device that had a MicroSD slot and have the GBA ROMs stored on there, making it faster because you wouldn't need to transfer the ROM? Are there any out there like my idea? Could you use on of the older Slot-2, Ones that have a MicroSD and made to boot on there own like the M3 perfect, to be able to play GBA games though Slot-1?

kevenka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sorry melenor but there is no such thing as the best...(Well it depends on what you are after)
Currently, I believe the (Best) slot 1 is cyclod DS(55 dollars) and best slot 2 is M3 perfect*auto patching and RTC*(about 100 dollars).
If you are on budget, best slot 1 is either supercard or Acecard slot-1
If you are looking for a descent slot 2, you can go for the ez lite IV which has expandable memory no RTC.
Another good slot 2 is the ewin 2 in 1 or ez 3 in 1(20 dollars) which are expansion packs. They both permit GBA playing through the slot 1 device but have no RTC. Hope this helped.

melenor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry.
Going to use for playing NDS and GBA ROMs, including opera
any price
not quite sure what special features there are, because all the reviews that i read for new flash carts seem to support all the different patching including auto-patching.

What is RTC?
Would M3 perfect allow GBA playing though slot 1?
Another Question what is the main difference between playing GBA ROMs though Slot 1 and having Slot 2.
I would like to just load Slot 1 and then play a NDS or GBA ROM.
And what is considered the best or fastest way to play GBA ROMs, though Slot 1, or another Slot 2 device.

kevenka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
RTC is real time clock*for like pokemon*it is a built in internal batter for certain events(Like monday, tuesday and whatnot. It allows the berries in that game to grow)
M3 perfect is probably...the best slot 2 and you can use a passme to use the m3 perfect to play nds games aswell.
As to the dif between playing games from slot 2 and slot 1 is nothing except where the game is coming from.
If you would like to load the game from a slot one to play either nds games or gba games, you would probably want to pick an expansion pack which is ez 3 in 1 or ewin 2 in 1. Again, they don't have a built clock.
If you were to follow what I am doing, just get a cyclod ds(55 dollars plus some for shipping) and an expansion pack which is about 20 dollars plus some shipping(my expansion is ez 3 in 1) they said it was native to the Cyclod DS.

kevenka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
O yea, it might sometimes be better if you did some research(search engine) though b/c it gets annoying sometimes to repeat what has already been told many times in other threads

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
there is an M3 expansion pack as well. It has a clock, unlike the competition, and comes at a fair price. Unfortunately, full support is only achieved with the M3 Real, as third-party loaders do not support Real Time Save and do not automatically patch Flash1M games (Pokémon and Super Mario Advance 4, most notably). They have to be run through the M3 Game Manager with Hardware Support 1 patching.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn that's cheap.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slower speeds for gen4
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
    Veho @ Veho: Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages...