Hacking Best skin maker

pmk010

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone tell me the best and most simple skin maker. I need one that a beginner can use as I have never made a skin before. This is for the DSTWO. I need one that can amke a loading screen, plugin and ui and could also make a skin for the imenu (prefarably)
biggrin.gif

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I'll get in b4 anyone else suggects the DS2 Skin thread - the OP has already been there earlier....

Anyway, there IS no 'simple skin maker' as such for the DSTwo - only Skin makers that show you what your chosen graphics will look like on the DSTwo, but what I can suggest is .....

You copy one of the existing skins (such as a 'plugin' one or 'UI') & just replace the existing graphics with identical sized graphics of your own choosing - then copy back the graphics onto the card (but remember to make a backup of the original graphics first)

IF the graphics look 'corrupted' on the DS then those particualr graphics usually need to be save as 16-bit (the corruption is because they are actually 24-bit) - & GIMP is a program that can do that

As for the iMenu graphics - the bare minimum you'll need to do is change are the graphics 'top_bk.bmp' and 'lower_bk.bmp' inside the imenu folder to change the appearance (clock graphics may need a little more work though)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.acepcs.com/products/wizbox-g-mini-pc-amd-r7-7735hs lol wizbox +1