Best skin maker

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by pmk010, Jun 22, 2011.

Jun 22, 2011

Best skin maker by pmk010 at 8:57 PM (860 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. pmk010
    OP

Member pmk010 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Can someone tell me the best and most simple skin maker. I need one that a beginner can use as I have never made a skin before. This is for the DSTWO. I need one that can amke a loading screen, plugin and ui and could also make a skin for the imenu (prefarably) [​IMG].

2. Sausage Head

Banned Sausage Head Lord Sausage LXIX

Netherlands
    no wait, there is no such editor that has all those features

3. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    I'll get in b4 anyone else suggects the DS2 Skin thread - the OP has already been there earlier....

Anyway, there IS no 'simple skin maker' as such for the DSTwo - only Skin makers that show you what your chosen graphics will look like on the DSTwo, but what I can suggest is .....

You copy one of the existing skins (such as a 'plugin' one or 'UI') & just replace the existing graphics with identical sized graphics of your own choosing - then copy back the graphics onto the card (but remember to make a backup of the original graphics first)

IF the graphics look 'corrupted' on the DS then those particualr graphics usually need to be save as 16-bit (the corruption is because they are actually 24-bit) - & GIMP is a program that can do that

As for the iMenu graphics - the bare minimum you'll need to do is change are the graphics 'top_bk.bmp' and 'lower_bk.bmp' inside the imenu folder to change the appearance (clock graphics may need a little more work though)

4. pmk010
    OP

Member pmk010 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Thanks [​IMG]. Those answers really help. [​IMG]