Best skin maker

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by pmk010, Jun 22, 2011.

1. pmk010
    OP

pmk010 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 27, 2010
    To your right ->
    Can someone tell me the best and most simple skin maker. I need one that a beginner can use as I have never made a skin before. This is for the DSTWO. I need one that can amke a loading screen, plugin and ui and could also make a skin for the imenu (prefarably) [​IMG].

2. Sausage Head

Sausage Head Lord Sausage LXIX

Oct 28, 2010
    Netherlands
    alanjohn check ur pm
    no wait, there is no such editor that has all those features

3. CannonFoddr

CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

Sep 23, 2006
    Sitting by computer
    I'll get in b4 anyone else suggects the DS2 Skin thread - the OP has already been there earlier....

Anyway, there IS no 'simple skin maker' as such for the DSTwo - only Skin makers that show you what your chosen graphics will look like on the DSTwo, but what I can suggest is .....

You copy one of the existing skins (such as a 'plugin' one or 'UI') & just replace the existing graphics with identical sized graphics of your own choosing - then copy back the graphics onto the card (but remember to make a backup of the original graphics first)

IF the graphics look 'corrupted' on the DS then those particualr graphics usually need to be save as 16-bit (the corruption is because they are actually 24-bit) - & GIMP is a program that can do that

As for the iMenu graphics - the bare minimum you'll need to do is change are the graphics 'top_bk.bmp' and 'lower_bk.bmp' inside the imenu folder to change the appearance (clock graphics may need a little more work though)

4. pmk010
    OP

pmk010 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 27, 2010
    To your right ->
    Thanks [​IMG]. Those answers really help. [​IMG]