Hacking Best site to order NDS Backup Adapter Plus

gumbyx84

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking into buying a NDS Backup Adapter Plus as I've gotten to the point where I need a easy/simple way to dump saves from and copy back to my retail carts. I know ConsoleSource has them, but I've never heard of them before this and not sure how reputable they are. Does anyone know of any other online shops that sell them?

Also, is there a working version of SaxHax that rips HG/SS saves? I found a link to it in a thread way back when, but I cant get it to work. It errors out when I try to dump the save from the expansion cart to a file. Get an error about it not finding _saxhax.sav. Using a CycloDS with B4 firmware and EZ-Flash 3-in-1.

gumbyx84

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cant get that damn thing to run on either of my flash carts.
frown.gif
Has anyone here ever used Save Game Manager before and gotten it to work?
Got it working. Dev named the fing files wrong, so it could never find the ini file. Tried it once and it didnt not working, but I'm too tired to try it again. Will do it tomorrow.

gumbyx84

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To anyone who cares: This app does work. You just have to make sure you are using the right version. The versions listed in the first post do NOT work with the EZFlash 3-in-1 even though 0.2.1 was supposed to have fixed the problem. Download the "snapshot" in this post and it should work fine.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica

gumbyx84

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the link. Depending on how much shipping costs, it might be worth ordering from them. Like I said before, I want to get the adapter so I can easily dump my ROMs and access saves on my retail carts. I've had problems with saves not coming out clean or being copied properly to the cart.

The only software save dumper/extraction tool I know that works with HG/SS is the one that was link in this thread. Do you know of any other?

Edit: Random question: The drivers for the Backup Adapter Plus are Win* only correct? I ask as I have a Mac and would need to screw around with a VM or wrapping the Win* drivers in order to use it.

how_do_i_do_that

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It is windows only drivers. you can install it under virtualbox with xp or some other windows as the guest os without any problems if your on a mac. You can use the red link in my sig for an example of installing a gba flashcart drivers. The method of adding the adaptor is nearly the same.

gumbyx84

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how_do_i_do_that said:
It is windows only drivers. you can install it under virtualbox with xp or some other windows as the guest os without any problems if your on a mac. You can use the red link in my sig for an example of installing a gba flashcart drivers. The method of adding the adaptor is nearly the same.
I have VMWare Fusion, so I can use that or just boot into my BootCamp partition to do my ripping. Would just be easier if I could do it in OS X. Probably could wrap the drivers with NDSWrapper, but that would be too much effort for such an easy fix.

When I finally one, I will def look into your guide. Funny you bring up GBA flash carts as I want to get one in the near future anyway (for SP and GameBoy Player). Do you have any recommendations?

how_do_i_do_that

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The drivers are 32 bit.

XP 32bit
Vista 32bit
Win7 32bit

will work. Any 64bit/x64 version will not work.

As for GBA flashcarts, there are no more recommendations left to give any one. There are the Elinks, like the one I listed in the red guide and the EZ-Flash IV which doesn't need drivers but still requires windows for running the client app for any patching. You can still find the Supercards, it isn't recommended for any heavy gaming due to the slowdown issues it has with games.

You can get the EZ-IV from any vendor on the list, on the front page of this site.
The Elink link is somewhere in here : http://gbatemp.net/t277053-recommend-gba-flash-cart
The Supercards can be found on almost any site, problem is it might be a knockoff and suck worse.
Things like the uber cheap Firelink 128, you will be playing the game of "Where the crap are the drivers for this thing" game and then when you find some, you will be trying forever to get them to work; not worth the time and effort for a 5 dollar flashcart. Use these for what they are, spare parts, the battery and the shell, everything else is trash.
M3 no longer makes the M3 perfect, anyone recommending it is trying to pass off the pipe dream they had for the thing to you.

Any of the better flashcarts, you will have to use the trading section, all restrictions apply. Make either a WTB or WTT post for one, or check the WTS section if anyone is cleaning out thier stuff.

gumbyx84

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how_do_i_do_that said:
The drivers are 32 bit.

XP 32bit
Vista 32bit
Win7 32bit

will work. Any 64bit/x64 version will not work.

As for GBA flashcarts, there are no more recommendations left to give any one. There are the Elinks, like the one I listed in the red guide and the EZ-Flash IV which doesn't need drivers but still requires windows for running the client app for any patching. You can still find the Supercards, it isn't recommended for any heavy gaming due to the slowdown issues it has with games.

Any of the better flashcarts, you will have to use the trading section, all restrictions apply. Make either a WTB or WTT post for one, or check the WTS section if anyone is cleaning out thier stuff.
Thanks for the info. Have 2 questions:
[*]You have to patch the ROMs before they will work on the EZ FLash 4?[*]What are the "better" flash carts you there?

how_do_i_do_that

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
M3 perfect CF/SD/microSD
EZ-Flash III
EZ-Flash II
X-ROM 512
EZ Flash Advance 256
F2A Ultra
G6 Flash or lite
EFA Linker (not the Simple version)
EFA Linker II (not the LC version) : how to tell the difference is listed here.

These are the more well known ones that show up in there.

Some games still require patching or a pre-made save from VBA to work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: What.