Hacking Best R4 that has no timebomb?

DynastyVic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know what is the recommended R4 card that can work on DS and maybe 3DS.

I been informed that some R4 cards have a timebomb (self deteriorates after awhile) which I don't want and that there are clones.

Please can I be recommended one so I can play DS games mainly and also have the wireless function.

Last edited by DynastyVic,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You said it doesn't have a wireless function. I may have used the wrong wording.

Also what is the biggest microsd card I can use?
The R4 doesn't have wireless features, because that's not a property of the card itself
The R4 is used to run software from a microSD, which may or may not have wireless features depending on how that software was written, and the flashcard doesn't affect that

32 GB definitely works, higher may work but if it does will likely need to be reformatted as FAT32
(not that you probably need that much, unless you want to load it up with videos)

Reactions: The Catboy

DynastyVic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The R4 doesn't have wireless features, because that's not a property of the card itself
The R4 is used to run software from a microSD, which may or may not have wireless features depending on how that software was written, and the flashcard doesn't affect that

32 GB definitely works, higher may work but if it does will likely need to be reformatted as FAT32
(not that you probably need that much, unless you want to load it up with videos)

So some games will work if the ROM has a wireless feature on it?

Also any restrictions on regions?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So some games will work if the ROM has a wireless feature on it?

Also any restrictions on regions?
The vast majority of commercial games and homebrews will work completely on it with no further meddling

DS games are not region locked, except for that handful of Chinese ones (which, if you want to run, are simple to edit to remove the check)

DynastyVic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The vast majority of commercial games and homebrews will work completely on it with no further meddling

DS games are not region locked, except for that handful of Chinese ones (which, if you want to run, are simple to edit to remove the check)

Okay. Thank you.
Unless there is something else I missed out. But thank you very much.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ah yes.

Does it work on both 3ds and ds?

Also an action replay function?

THYPLEX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I would say buy a dstwo because that way you'll nevere encounter an issue/problem in games compatibility ecc ecc, the only con is that the card cost around fifty bucks , but it's really great !
I possess a dstwo since 2014 and i was never disappointed .

Sorry for the poem , i'm just tryin' to help

DynastyVic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I would say buy a dstwo because that way you'll nevere encounter an issue/problem in games compatibility ecc ecc, the only con is that the card cost around fifty bucks , but it's really great !
I possess a dstwo since 2014 and i was never disappointed .

Sorry for the poem , i'm just tryin' to help

The one recommended seems good enough.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
R4i gold 3DS plus is the best (r4ds.cn)(no timebomb,ntrboothax switch,ds games.)
Depends on what one wants. The DSTWO has a few nifty features that the R4i Gold 3DS Plus doesn't have, but it doesn't get produced any more.

I'm pretty sure you can remove the the time bomb by using a different kernel then the one provided by r4 clone manufacturer
edit- I have this r4 but 2017 version https://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=490 with ysmenu and no timebomb just tested it right but setting my date to 2025
But the wood kernel of the r4ids.cn card is superior to the kernel from r4isdhc.com/r4i-sdhc.com cards. ysmenu is crap if there are better alternatives.

To conclude for OP: get the R4i Gold 3DS Plus by r4ids.cn.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Mondooooo, sadly I dont have any tips