OP
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Yeah, im a big fan of puzzle games ever since the gb kwirk time
wink.gif

My favourites for gba is Puzzle League, Kuru Kuru Kururin, Puyo Pop, ZooCube, Polarium Advance.

any others?

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
God, I love Puyo Pop so much but...

Meteos is great

Panel De Pon (original game that Tetris Attack and Puzzle League copied from)

Lumines... wewt

Tetris will probably always be king

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
OP
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
its nice that there are other ppl who likes puzzle games.. but plz list only gba puzzle games.. i havent seen Meteos & Lumines on the gba.. sadly
frown.gif

but keep em coming
smile.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
GBA puzzlers huh, people seem to have taken most but there are a few more although they are predominately Japanese
You can keep your tetris worlds but I will go with tetris advance.
Ultimate puzzle games was pretty good as was dexters lab chess but I sense that is not quite the topic here.
CHu Chu rocket
Mr Driller A was fun (I believe there was a translation done/partially completed too)
Space kexcite (very early Japanese puzzle game)
Denki blocks (if you only take a look at one of my suggestions let this be it)
Koro Koro puzzle
Super Puzzle fighter (there are a few variations on this)
Fortress
Eggo Mania
Minna no Ouji sama
Puyo Pop
Any of the Japanese puzzle games with simple in the name or minna no soft
Super collapse
Mighty Beanz pocket puzzles
zooo

AppleJuice

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
QUOTE([M said:
artin @ Nov 26 2006, 06:50 PM)]Puzzle De Pon plays just like the U.S. release of Puzzle Bobble

The DS version of puzzle bobble is like Puzzle de Pon? Are you sure? Puzzle de Pon has a similar engine to Super Puzzle Fighter. It would be strange if they changed puzzle bobble so much.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sabre Wulf:
Good Platformer puzzler. Its mostly platformer, but the puzzle element is strong enough to make ya think and review the area.

"Gem Smashers" or "Pazunin - Uminin No Puzzle de Nimu" in japan
Kinda like breakout without the paddle.
You bounce a little ball thing around to hit differnt coloredblocks then exit when you get them all. Tons of levels plus bosses.
Only drawback is its repetitive at times, you cant save until you beat a boss, plus the cute style graphics and sounds can get rather annoying after awhile. Also sometimes that little ball is hard to track when all the creatures are freed too quickly.
The japanese vesion has differnt main charectors and aparently a differnt story.
US version uses weird looking animals, while the JAP version uses weird flat looking drawn pople tings. I dunno, they look like happy faces with arms. Just with a not so happy look.

Im not much of a puzzle player, but these two kinda stand out as good ones to me.

canvasch

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
whoops my bad... i forgot we were in the gba thread! i thought it you were just mentioning your favorite for the gba.... uhhh... dang i forgot chu chu rocket came out on GBA.. i never played it on the gba but on the dreamcast it's awesome.

hmmm.. mr driller is a good game too
tongue.gif

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
"It's Mr Pants"!
Everyone misses that one, probably cause of the weird name but it's actually a clean, block-based tessellating game and it's absolutely brilliant
biggrin.gif

Probably double-ups below but consider these second-votes from a puzzle fanatic:

Kuruin Paradise (japanese sequel to kuru-kuru kururin)
Denki Blocks
Guru Logic Champ
Super Puzzle Fighter 2
Rampage Puzzle Attack
Sheep (all about herding sheep believe it or not)
Tringo
Zooo (aka Zoo Keeper in some countries)
Bust-a-Move
Puyo-Pop
Eggo Mania
Chu-Chu Rocket
Mr Driller 2
Tiny Toon Adventures - Wacky Stackers
Gem Smashers (similar to Game Gear "Columns")

Not sure if these count in your definition of puzzle but I'll list them anyway cause they come pretty close:
Turbo Turtle Adventure (ball rolling around mazes)
Super Monkey Ball (more ball rolling)
Bubble Bobble - old and new (arcade-puzzle)
Scrabble Blast (kinda like Boggle)

In homebrew:
Luminesweeper (port of lumines)
Blocktrap
and various Tetris-style things.

flargle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
While we're on the subject, has anyone got the supposed extra content in GBA Polarium to work? If you play it in a DS with Magnetica in Slot 1 it's supposed to unlock new puzzles and graphics, but I've just tried (with the US versions of both games) and couldn't find anything.

Were there no Picross games for the GBA? I've been looking for ages and can't believe that nobody would have made one - they're the greatest puzzle games ever, and practically every Nintendo console ever has had some. All I've found is a homebrew called Battle Picross, which is quite nice, but not done properly (some of the puzzles absolutely NEED you to just guess at a square rather than work it out), and has such awful, awful music that you need to switch all sound off in order not to have a nervous breakdown.

My favourites:

Chu Chu Rocket (THOUSANDS of brilliant puzzles)
Guru Logic Champ (takes a while to get going, though)
Polarium Advance
Lode Runner (the Small World levels)

Mr Pants is complete rubbish, and Denki Blocks goes from really easy to insanely hard in the blink of an eye.

Jepeto

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uruguay
Were there no Picross games for the GBA? I've been looking for ages and can't believe that nobody would have made one - they're the greatest puzzle games ever, and practically every Nintendo console ever has had some. All I've found is a homebrew called Battle Picross, which is quite nice, but not done properly (some of the puzzles absolutely NEED you to just guess at a square rather than work it out), and has such awful, awful music that you need to switch all sound off in order not to have a nervous breakdown.

I think that there are several Picross GB games that are playable with an emulator in a GBA, one is Mario Picross.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1