PS1/2 best place to buy swap magic?

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can either buy it in your local Sears store, can't believe they sell it though lmao.
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_SPM5887204309P?sid=IDx20101019x00001a&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=SPM5887204309

Or amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/PS2-Magic-2-Disc-SWAPMAGIC-VERSION/dp/B004P50NOO

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I actually got my swap discs from a place called techloops. Came fast and worked well. Back then I paid about $30 for my set but the price seems to have gone down to around $21.

DO NOTE that there is two major types of swap magic: 3.6 and 3.8. 3.6 can't load dual-layer games and may be troublesome with non-dummy-trimmed single-layer games but ultimately will work with any and every single layer game on the PS2. 3.8 works with dual layer and adds cheats but lost some of the single layer compatibility. Since I already own the god of wars I didn't feel any need for dual layer and went with 3.6 myself. The two types usually cost the same because they're just as easy to make; the choice is ultimately up to you.

Flame

Me > You
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
I actually got my swap discs from a place called techloops. Came fast and worked well. Back then I paid about $30 for my set but the price seems to have gone down to around $21.

DO NOTE that there is two major types of swap magic: 3.6 and 3.8. 3.6 can't load dual-layer games and may be troublesome with non-dummy-trimmed single-layer games but ultimately will work with any and every single layer game on the PS2. 3.8 works with dual layer and adds cheats but lost some of the single layer compatibility. Since I already own the god of wars I didn't feel any need for dual layer and went with 3.6 myself. The two types usually cost the same because they're just as easy to make; the choice is ultimately up to you.

thanks man, i got 3.8 a week ago.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."