Gaming Best Mario Kart Wii characters + karts/bikes?

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
What are generally the best Mario Kart Wii characters for an above average player? And which karts/bikes should I pick with them?

And for people who don't play Mario Kart a lot, which characters + karts/bikes are good for them?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yoshi is good for beginners as he has a high off-road (toadette is even better but don't know if you have her from start)
and they shouldn't pick heavy chars

For normal people, I guess its a bit like Brawl. It depends from person to person (and controls)

If you use the wiimote alone, use Autodrift, else use manual drift

maybe this helps too: http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/wii/file/942008/54187

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I usually pick Bowser/DK now, they are heavy and have high top speed. And I can bump against other people without having much damage myself, but they just fly away (very handy on Rainbow Road
smile.gif
)

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Mario Kart Wii characters are split into 3 sections.
Light Class
Medium Class
Heavy Class

Light is the top two rows, medium the middle and heavy the bottom.

Its really a case of which carts you prefer. I personally use any medium class character and the Nostalgia 1.

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm currently absolutely loving Koopa Troopa + Magikruiser for the Time Trials.
I beat my first Expert Staff Ghost with that combination! It was on Mushroom Gorge.
I also set some very nice times on other tracks too, and I'm sure I can beat those Experts too.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I pretty much always use Dry Bowser and the Shooting Star bike. It gives me the best control, gives me more pushing power (since a big character will stand up more), and I get to keep the benefits of a bike. I haven't played MK in a while, though.

Also, characters don't really mean anything other than looks. They each have their weight classes, but that's it. Bowser will perform as well as Roselina, Peach will perform as well as Mario, and Toad will perform as well as Baby Mario.

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Guild McCommunist said:
I pretty much always use Dry Bowser and the Shooting Star bike. It gives me the best control, gives me more pushing power (since a big character will stand up more), and I get to keep the benefits of a bike. I haven't played MK in a while, though.

Also, characters don't really mean anything other than looks. They each have their weight classes, but that's it. Bowser will perform as well as Roselina, Peach will perform as well as Mario, and Toad will perform as well as Baby Mario.

According to this FAQ, the bold part isn't correct.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Satangel said:
Guild McCommunist said:

Though they are quite minute. Still, I would take my combination any day. Dry Bowser just looks awesome.

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Guild McCommunist said:
Satangel said:
Guild McCommunist said:

Though they are quite minute. Still, I would take my combination any day. Dry Bowser just looks awesome.

Couldn't agree more
grog.gif

I still gotta unlock him though, but I love using Bowser now.
It's my most used character in the whole game. But Dry Bowser just looks so much more awiisome!

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Satangel said:
Guild McCommunist said:
Satangel said:
Guild McCommunist said:

Couldn't agree more
grog.gif

I still gotta unlock him though, but I love using Bowser now.
It's my most used character in the whole game. But Dry Bowser just looks so much more awiisome!

Forewarning though, he's a bitch to unlock. The computer AI in 150cc is brutal; they'll literally chain their weapons so even if you have a good lead, you'll be hit by enough weapons at the right time to go from first to last.

Also, point rankings depend on a number of factors, including time in first, usage of "cheap" weapons (Blue Shell, Bullet Bill, Star, etc), amount of tricks done, wheelies, drifts, etc. So just avoid using cheapo weapons, stay in first a lot, drift a lot, and do tricks a lot.

IzzehO

Trophies
XP
Country
I've always used Luigi and Nostalgia. Incidentally, I haven't got anything unlocked on my new wii - anyone have a fully unlocked save I can have?
tongue.gif

ViciousXUSMC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Best all around is Daisy & Mach Bike for me.

If its not a really twisty stage funky kong on that one bike I forget the name of is the games fastest possible combination. But in multiplayer being the fastest isnt the best becuase that just means your blueshell bait, so thats why I like daisy since its well rounded but still fast.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a heavy weight mii and shooting star bike for me!!
my captian falcon mii and blue falcon kart for second main.

jackdanielchan

Trophies
XP
Country
For those who like to use bikes, but can't handle the difference in drifting between cars and bikes, use a medium weight caracter the Rapide, or the Moped one (forgot the name) these bikes have the advantages of bikes and drifting almost exactly the same to a car.

X D D X

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
There used to be a site called Mkwiistats or something. It used to have all the stats for the Karts, Bikes and characters. I remember that the best combo in the Medium weight class is Peach and the Sugarscoot, It's my favourite too
smile.gif

Also, don't believe the fact that all characters are the same except for their Weight classes. Every character has different stats like Mii's are all round, Peach and Funky Kong are faster etc.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
IzzehO said:
I've always used Luigi and Nostalgia. Incidentally, I haven't got anything unlocked on my new wii - anyone have a fully unlocked save I can have?
tongue.gif

use waninkoko's save manager to tranfer the save to your new wii

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
X D D X said:
There used to be a site called Mkwiistats or something. It used to have all the stats for the Karts, Bikes and characters. I remember that the best combo in the Medium weight class is Peach and the Sugarscoot, It's my favourite too
smile.gif

Also, don't believe the fact that all characters are the same except for their Weight classes. Every character has different stats like Mii's are all round, Peach and Funky Kong are faster etc.

All characters have small bonuses, but usually it isn't any game changer. I'll still play with the character that looks the best. And I think Mario is the standard balanced character, not the Mii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I see your mop and raise you George's mop lol