Homebrew Best ide for developing Homebrews with Ninjhax

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I use Geany for C++ (and many more): it's so simple and fast. I haven't tried it for 3DS yet, but I think you could simply change the building options to use devkitPro instead of g++.

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
So you need to import the ctrulib library to compile it? Correct me if I'm totally wrong as I'm new to coding in general. Also, can we test this with Citra or 3dmoo reliably since my Cubic Ninja isn't here yet?

caprathebest

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
redkeyboard I remember that smea said once that he was working on something like an opengl driver for the 3ds. Nothing so far, but still you can use the gpu library, or look at Blargsnes code for some gpu instructions, also why there isn't one on the spoiler.

Currently, everything in hbmenu is rendered in software. The reason for that is of course that homebrew GPU support is still unstable and very much a work in progress. Eventually, one of our goals should be to make hbmenu use the GPU for rendering.

MRJPGames dunno why, when I installed mine it was on the main folder. Maybe you forgot to check some stuff when you installed it

EDIT: Welp can't remove the double spoiler. halp

Reactions: redkeyboard

minexew

ayy lmao
Trophies
XP
Country
Does it support a graphics API? OpenGL ES specifically?

The GPU API is very much bare-metal (see the documentation on 3dbrew); with ctrulib it becomes kinda similar to GL in some aspects, but there's still a lot of low level stuff going on such as memory management.
If you are going for maximum performance, you'll want to use this anyway, rather than a high-level library like OpenGL.

(note: the hardware doesn't even support all OpenGL ES 2.0 features, in particular there are no pixel shaders)

Reactions: redkeyboard

NCDyson

Hello Boys...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would assume so, I have not tested it on Windows. I'll post up a guide soon for Visual Studio.

I more or less got it working with netbeans on windows the other day, well, expect building from netbeans gives me the error:
Code:
c:/devkitPro/devkitARM/3ds_rules:27: *** target pattern contains no '%'.  Stop.
make.exe": *** [build] Error 2
which apparently has to do with paths, but since it still compiles from the console, I work around it. Code Completion is all I really need anyways.

froatsnook

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never use vim. The text editing is so good that being forced to use anything else (even with always-shoddy vim emulation) makes me cry.

NicEXE

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
Atom

Is a free editor influenced by Sublime Text for OS X 10.8 or later, Windows 7 & 8, RedHat Linux, and Ubuntu Linux (you can probably build it for a different OS)

Sure, it does not have a one-click compile, launch in emulator and repack to 3dsx feature but since the editor is modular anyone can write a module specifically for ninjhax-compatible binary development.

Reactions: Melon__Bread

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gotta check the wattage really and buy GaN bricks