Hacking Best Hack for GC backups

R4Zi3L

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
What would be the best hack option for playing GameCube backups? USB loading isnt necessity - i was thinking of WODE but it has Audio Streaming problem which will not be fixed and its not cheap. Softmod would be fine? Which plays the most GC games on Wii with little problem?

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you don't have a DVD-r capable drive or not interested in WODE then WiiKey Fusion is worth a look as a cheaper alternative but like wode it will play streaming games without the streams.

For the simplest method on older Wii's you cant beat a half decent drive chip ive had a wii-clip D2Ckey since release and its been solid for disc loading and streaming works.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you want the audio streams, then there's no way around a chip + discs. But i can't tell you which chip really works for all audio streaming games without problems. Oh and you must NOT shrink audio streaming games or they will crash, no matter what method you use to load them.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
lovewiibrew said:
Well I would tell you Dios Mios would be the best option but unfortunately it seems crediar has given up on it.

It would be nice, yes. But it wouldn't support audio streaming either. The compatiblity of DIOS MIOS should be somewhere around NeoGamma, maybe a little higher.

Hielkenator said:
Wiisel said:
QUOTE(Sao Mortel @ Oct 19 2010, 06:43 PM) why this one?? Wasabi dx seems easier to install to me

afaik it doesn't support streaming audio and flatmods also only have 3x speed for Wii discs.

Gamecube disks is 3 x read, stock.
So that's no problem for cube backup.

But what's the gain over using NeoGamma? A flatcable modchip that uses discs works on the exact same drives where softmodding works. The thing with the DVD+R bitsetting is also the same, as the 3x speed. It's really very few GC games not working with NeoGamma right now.

So the big question is, does it play audio streams? I even found a claim that it's a flatcable mod that reads backups at 6x speed, which is just unlikely. If that was possible we would also have a cIOS with that. I'm mentinoning this because i judge the credibility of the chip by it.

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
As far as I'm aware all flatmods are 3x and I'm yet to find one that supports streaming their only main advantage over Neogamma is you can just pop the disc in a play it without pissing around with a loader or messing with MIOS/IOS but otherwise you may aswell use the free alternatives and Neogamma has a lot of extras you'll miss out on when booting from disc channel.
This is why I recommend a proper drive chip like the D2Ckey with 6x Wii and streaming combined with a clip its just as easy if not easier to install than any flatmod of course you could always go for one of the clip compatible chips that supports autoboot to get a little more for your money and tbh apart from the SD/USB loading chips most are pretty cheap.
Simplest thing to do is get your wii and determine what drive it has to see what your options are and if its just Gamecube and streaming games your interested in just get a second hand Cube and a cheap chip.

even then it boils down to what your happy with I have D2Ckey and WODE in the same Wii playing streaming games from disc and the rest from HDD and whilst I make do I'm still not 100% happy.

When looking for a chip make sure that it actually supports streaming audio as wiikey fusion and wode support streaming games but the streams will be unheard resulting in games with missing audio.

R4Zi3L

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I have GC with some Xeno chip but i have lots of DRE problems. I tryed diffrent discs and tweaking a pot but its REALLY a lottery. I thought that maybe Wii would be a better option that buying YET another used GC (even broken one for parts).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou