Gaming Best Guitar to get that works with all games

mb42375

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to get a guitar that will work with all my backups. Is there any suggestions on which one is the best and will work for all games? I will be playing guitar hero 5 and after mostly.

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The wireless GH3 Les Paul and the GHWT Genericaster seem to have the best compatibility since they are oldest. Both work with every music game with the sole exception of Rock Band 1 and early RB track packs. Unfortunately, both has some hardware issues - GH3 guitars are prone to poor fret response after the neck comes loose over time, and GHWT guitars have unreliable strum bars. Also, neither can use many of the Rock Band-only features (FX switch, solo tap buttons).

I use two GH3 Les Pauls, one GHWT guitar, and one RB2 strat.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the les paul

it works with every guitar hero/rock band except rock band 1
even works with band hero and lego rock band.

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Another vote for the GH3 Les Paul guitar. Has worked with every game I have thrown at it (though I don't have RB1).

It also, and this may just be personal taste, looks the best with the wiimote in the middle of the faceplate (since the guitar is also white)

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got 2 les pauls here. No real complaints. Every once in a while, I'll need to take the guitar apart and clean the fret buttons. The strum bar was great for a long time but is getting worn now.

Looking at the new wave guitars though, they have a much better feel to them. Can't justify the price though, especially when I got the les pauls for $15 each

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Creamy milk